More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:01:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone got unlocked/categorized maxis athletic wear?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone got unlocked/categorized maxis athletic wear?  (Read 12929 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Anyone got unlocked/categorized maxis athletic wear?
« on: 2006 December 18, 23:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone re-categorized the athletic looking maxis clothes that maxis didn't think it worth putting in that category?
I'm thinking of the rather ugly purple, red and minty green suits for AF and EF (I think I've downloaded them for Elders), and more or less all of the outfits from the athletic career (I'd rather have them just re-categorized, not unlocked, but I'll take anything).

I'd do it myself, but I'm sure someone already must have.

And if someone suggests just exporting and re-importing them in bodyshop, I'll strangle them with their own socks.

=============================

Edit:
I got around to doing the career outfits myself.  I've done the couch outfits (adults and elders), the soldier camo outfits (teen to elder), the SWAT team outfits (adult and elder), a black jogging suit I can't quite place (adult and elder) and a black tracksuit with red details on the male version (teen to elder).
They are not unlocked, you still have to get them through work, but they are now available as athletic wear.  I didn't dare removing them from the everyday category in case that blows the game up.

I didn't notice until I had already extracted them all, that Motoki had already unlocked and re-categorized some of them.  I could have saved some work by stealing those.  Feel free to steal these for any modifications you feel like.

* Athletic.rar (2.72 KB - downloaded 219 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 20, 00:38:14 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Anyone got unlocked/categorized maxis athletic wear?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 19, 01:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go Smiley

* AthleticOutfits.package (20.67 KB - downloaded 285 times.)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 19, 01:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that file include the athletic career outfits?
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 19, 08:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Ness,

No, it doesn't have the career athletic outfits. I tried adding them, but I had a problem with them being displayed & because they are career outfits they have to go into Everyday wear. Personally I don;t want them as Everyday, so I didn;t include them & the file i loaded was just my personal file.

Hopefuly i'll have the career outfits figured out this weekend. i need to make a new package for them so theycan remain Everyday for the careers & stay hidden, but also be available as athletic under a different number. I know i can easily do this by making full packages out of them, but that's not what i want. I want to keep them as tiny as possible. I'll post them once i have it figured out. EA changed something in how the Property Sets work in Pets.

Morague
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 19, 09:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo!  Good luck!  Sounds complicated...  glad it's you and not me!  Thanks for this one so far, though!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 19, 10:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefuly i'll have the career outfits figured out this weekend. i need to make a new package for them so theycan remain Everyday for the careers & stay hidden, but also be available as athletic under a different number. I know i can easily do this by making full packages out of them, but that's not what i want. I want to keep them as tiny as possible. I'll post them once i have it figured out. EA changed something in how the Property Sets work in Pets.
Why not just make them both everyday AND athletic, sort of like how I added military uniforms to the possible "formal" items while retaining them as career and everyday?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 19, 10:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want more ugly clothes in Everyday so the poor Townies will get stuck wearing them?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 19, 11:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! Smiley
* Gwill clicks the baah button

Oh, and I'm trying to remember where I've seen it, I think it might be the artist or showbiz career; there's a tracksuit (probably using the normal athletic mesh) in black with red details...
« Last Edit: 2006 December 19, 11:11:52 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 19, 11:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just make them both everyday AND athletic, sort of like how I added military uniforms to the possible "formal" items while retaining them as career and everyday?

That could work...  although, I suspect the idea is to make them buyable as athletic clothes and to not need to have someone in that career to access them.  Although, in my multi-generational houses it's very unlikely that there won't have ever been a sim to go through the athletic career.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 19, 12:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I'd quite prefere the Pescado way.  I'm on the 6th generation, and I don't think there's a single career outfit I don't have by now.

I can do this myself, I was just asking in case someone had done it already, but if Morague is in the mood, I'll be happy to sit back and let someone else do the work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 19, 18:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want more ugly clothes in Everyday so the poor Townies will get stuck wearing them?
Townies can't spawn with hidden outfits.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 20, 00:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've tracked down most of the propery sets I need.
I hope you haven't started on anything big, Morague.  I'll upload what I've got when I'm done, and you can use that to unlock the outfits further if you want.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 20, 02:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got all the property sets, thanks Smiley

I originally made the file for myself because i wanted them out of eveyday & into athletic, so it wasn't a problem sharing & I'll gladly share the career athletic ones, too.

The problem is I don't want them in everyday. If I unlock hem (unhide) them, then the townies do have access to them & I don't want townies to have access to these as everyday outfits. I know - I'm really picky. I don't think it's going to be any huge problem - I just need some time to see what has changed & work around that Smiley My fun time has been very limited these past few months but I'm slowly getting back more & more of it! YAY!!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 20, 08:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just change them to everyday + athletic but keep them hidden, Sims who have earned them in their career tracks will still be able to use them as athletic outfits.

As will Sims who have gotten them with CAS in debugging mode.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 20, 12:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just changed the category.  They are not unhidden, so no townies will spawn with them.
It doesn't matter much in my game; all my townies are hand made, but it's sort of a matter of principle. Tongue

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 20, 13:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does matter in your game, since visible clothes may be assigned on aging.

Although I *have* gotten some invis at aging as well, like the base game warrior outfit...
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 21, 01:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok - here are the career athletic outfits. These are set up as athletic only & won't interfer with the actual career outfits.

* career_athletic.zip (13.5 KB - downloaded 264 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 21, 05:36:54 by Morague » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 21, 04:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morague, you may wish to alter the zip file you put up...  it has your full directory structure and reveals what is presumably your real name.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 21, 05:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Ness.

I was doing some other work today where I needed the full path & of course, WinZip remembered that :/
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 03, 01:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those packages are totally awesome Morague!!!  Thank you so very much!  Cheesy

Is this procedure fairly easy to do?  I would love to be able to do it myself instead of bothering everyone for changing Maxis clothes to different categories!  I do know how to look up the names of the outfits in SIMpe, but beyond that, I don't have a clue! Roll Eyes

The ones I would like to change are the boys boxers/tanktops to wear as pajamas and the three flapper dresses to be included in everyday as well.

Thanks
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 03, 01:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper has a good tutorial on changing categories in SimPE.  You have to extract the correct Property Sets then change the category property number to the category combo you want (the numbers are listed in Windkeeper's tutorial).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 03, 03:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you Gwill, I do appreciate your help, however, that procedure is for custom clothing only.  I am looking for the procedure for changing Maxis clothing categories without going thru bodyshop as that is very, very bad!!  Shocked

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 03, 11:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works the same way, you just have to extract the property sets first.  Use the resource finder to search for them, or just look through the game packages.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 08, 21:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, so I've tried finding the property set for afbodydressflapper in names maps, but there are no property sets in any of the files that came up.  So I changed it to Find in Property Sets (don't know what property value is so I leave it blank).  When I search thru the property sets, it takes like 20 minutes to pull up any matches.  It shows the file is located in an "objects.pkg" is that right?

At that point I right click on the property set "afbodydressflapper_whiteflapper", click on "Extract to" and it asks me to save it to a folder.  However, as I am saving it, the name is totally changed to a set of numbers and stuff I don't recognize!  Is that the right way to do it?

so basically at this point, I am lost!  Cry
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 08, 22:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extract it someplace temporary, create a new package file, import it to that and make any alterations you need.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: