More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 04:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wants & Fears problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears problem.  (Read 5830 times)
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Wants & Fears problem.
« on: 2006 December 18, 00:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In game you very often can see some fights,but very strange thing-where is  matching wants & fears! Roll Eyes
I think Wants-"Won fight" or Fears-"Lose fight" is really necessary.Question for moderators-is it possible make or activate someway?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 18, 03:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those wants and fears seem to be restricted to popularity sims, but i have to say I have not seen them since the base game. The only time is when loading the pre-made Maxis lots from a fresh install. Other than that, I think they disappeared when the first EP came out.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 18, 12:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as they are opposites it's a good thing.
A fight is a situation a sim actively has to enter, and you can either get a good, or a bad outcome.  Wants with no risk aren't really all that interesting.
A sim who wants to ask people on dates but is not afraid of being rejected has no excitement in life.  And being afraid of something they aren't likely ever to run into isn't much of a point.

What's more annoying is romance sims who wants to marry someone yet are afraid to marry them at the same time.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 18, 18:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those wants and fears seem to be restricted to popularity sims, but i have to say I have not seen them since the base game. The only time is when loading the pre-made Maxis lots from a fresh install. Other than that, I think they disappeared when the first EP came out.

I've only seen this want come up a couple of times, once in the base game, same as you, but I recently saw it right after I installed pets.  After the reset, one of my family sims rolled the want to fight his mortal enemy Amin Sims.  Amin has many mortal enemies in my 'hood from his first life, but since becoming zombified (and personality-reversed) he's rather peaceful and content.  Grin  Anyway, I indulged Sim Munro, and lucky for him, Amin was defeated.  Smiley

Perhaps Pescado will consider a hack to make this want more common as an adjunct to zombieapoc or fightclub?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 18, 20:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
What's more annoying is romance sims who wants to marry someone yet are afraid to marry them at the same time.

I just assume that romance sims are commitment-phobic and therefore should be afraid to get engaged or married.  They should want to woohoo, not get into a committed relationship.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 18, 20:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only seen this want come up a couple of times, once in the base game, same as you, but I recently saw it right after I installed pets.  After the reset, one of my family sims rolled the want to fight his mortal enemy Amin Sims.  Amin has many mortal enemies in my 'hood from his first life, but since becoming zombified (and personality-reversed) he's rather peaceful and content.  Grin  Anyway, I indulged Sim Munro, and lucky for him, Amin was defeated.  Smiley
The want exists, but is triggered under circumstances so rare that the only way you'd get it to appear is to somehow systematically render all other wants impossible.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 18, 22:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh, yes.  My romance Sim wanted to be married (not engaged, but married) to three different Sims and had the fear of being married to the <i>same three Sims</i>.  I try to let my Sims sorta pick their spouses (as soon as the want to get engaged pops up, I go with it), but this was just nuts.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 18, 22:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romance sims, in my experience only want to marry when they are on dates with somebody, an effect of the dating system I would assume.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 18, 23:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK.I have real situation in my game-YA female with Wealth Aspiration won more then 103 fights on College lots and she can
speculate about "won fight" day after day,but..where reason all this fights in game? Maybe if not possible reactivate proper
want & fears is possible make hack to gain some money when fight won and lose money if lose fight?Seems it bring somthing
fresh in "Fight Club"mod.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 19, 00:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, so the stupid Win Fight want isn't going to show up anymore even for the Popularity Sims? It's one of the Wants that shows up in CAS as a high-scoring want for those guys, and yet it never rolls up? Bah! It's to the point where if I ever see an unusual Want anymore I treasure it Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 19, 10:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I can look up the exact trigger points for it, but it probably triggers in the most ridiculous places.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 19, 22:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's possible, it would indeed be awesome. I finally got my neighborhood nearly synched up (can't believe I figured out the birthdays of 150 Sims) and once they hit Day 80 it'll be Family Feud time, with enemies abounding, and I would much rather have them wanting to fight their enemies rather than see their ghosts, or drink them, which I'm not likely to ever grant them Tongue Heck, no one even HAS a cowplant...
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 20, 04:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a sim that had a "Win a Fight With" his ex-wife want that didn't go away for a REALLY long time! I never indulged that want though.  And yes my Romance sims roll wants to marry all of their lovers while rolling fears to marry them all on dates.  The way I figure it is that dates are so romantic that they even bring out commitment in the commitmentphobe, but not totally.  I personally never understood the "Have a Baby" and "Fear to Have a Baby" that pop up at the same time that my Family sims will every once in a while get.  Though I noticed that it tended to happen when they went to community lots, so maybe that is their way of saying that they want a baby, but not with a random stranger.  The more I play the more I notice that personality does more to influence wants and fears than I first thought.  That's why you could make a Libra Romance and a Scorpio Romance and though they will roll the same generic wants, there is quite a difference in what type and how often certain wants roll up.  At least in my experience anyway. Wink

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 20, 18:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I play the more I notice that personality does more to influence wants and fears than I first thought.  That's why you could make a Libra Romance and a Scorpio Romance and though they will roll the same generic wants, there is quite a difference in what type and how often certain wants roll up.  At least in my experience anyway. Wink

I notice the same thing, or possibly I just have the same delusion.  Cheesy

At the moment, I'm doing some casual observations on whether certain asps tend to be linked to star signs, or whether it's the distribution of personality points, i.e. does a Family Libra with 10-10-10-7-10 roll the same selection of wants as a Family Gemini with the same personality points?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: