More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:33:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Infant won't grow up (insert witty title here :P)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Infant won't grow up (insert witty title here :P)  (Read 6340 times)
Bondage
Blathering Buffoon

Pain and Pleasure.. Indivisible

View Profile
Infant won't grow up (insert witty title here :P)
« on: 2006 December 10, 05:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had a family have a baby today, and the infant won't grow up. The parent will get the action to help with birthday, but they just stand there holding the infant, and nothing happens. I have even tried to grow them up using the InSIM, but that hasn't worked out so well.. Any idea's on what I can do? Undecided

My name is Very Fucking Confused; what's your name?
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Infant won't grow up (insert witty title here :P)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 05:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Insiminator to age infants so I don't know if this will help or not. I have to put the infant on the floor or in the crib before I give the command to "grow baby up". If I give the command while the parent is holding the baby it just drops out of the que. good luck.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 05:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

think there was once a glitch involving growing up babies who have dirty diapers.  Is the infant in question poopy?
Bondage
Blathering Buffoon

Pain and Pleasure.. Indivisible

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 05:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

think there was once a glitch involving growing up babies who have dirty diapers.  Is the infant in question poopy?

Yea she was before she aged (normally with out the hack), but when she didn't age, I had my sim change her.

My name is Very Fucking Confused; what's your name?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 10, 05:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The default baby grow up is extremely buggy and often has to be done repeatedly. Try using something like the option on the Baby Controller, so it doesn't keep killing everyone's queues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 08:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, the option to 'Grow Up' (infants only) appears on my Lot Sync Timer.  I've always just figured it was a little mentioned benefit from Pescado, but from what i've just read, it's not.  As far as i know, i don't have InSim nor have i downloaded the Baby Controller.  Is this an option for anyone else?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 10, 09:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears there and works the same, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 10, 09:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know, thanks! Me too have had the same problem, with baby pooping in diapers. The workaround I used was changing diaper then buy another cake and redo the ceremony.
Oh, and you need also to kill the old "watch birthday" action to all the sims over there to see: they're stuck. Usually I did it selecting non-playables with InSim or Merola's mirror.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 12, 11:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem seems to have something to do with the 'holding' action. When I get parents stuck like that, I nuke their queues, get them to put the child down on the floor, then reissue the grow-up command. This works every time except when the silly buggers have already gone off to do their own thing, like 'Take out Trash' Tongue

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 12, 13:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night, I had a toddler grow to child while the mother was holding him.  He wound up standing on her hip bones and she carried him around that way for a few seconds.  Then she put him down as if he were still a toddler, and everthing was normal after that.

I think the problem was caused by him Auto-Aging while the mother was holding him by the birthday cake, since it was between 6:10 and 6:30 when they tried the cake ceremony.  Enough of the ceremony happened that they could eat the cake tho!
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 12, 18:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem was caused by him Auto-Aging while the mother was holding him by the birthday cake,
I haven't heard THAT euphemism before Cool, and it sounds painful! Lips sealed

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 12, 18:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had this problem, except the mother was pregnant and nearly out of energy.  She woke up from her sleep, walked over to the baby and tried to assist with the birthday until she eventually passed out.  Good times. 
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 14, 03:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I can get babies to age properly is with the cake, as sims are too stupid to coordinate it properly themselves, and I generally do this the day before the auto-aging would normally occur (the day after the warning of 'So-and-so's birthday is only two days away'). This seems to work well for me.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 14, 13:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem was caused by him Auto-Aging while the mother was holding him by the birthday cake,
I haven't heard THAT euphemism before Cool, and it sounds painful! Lips sealed

Lol, wasn't an euphemism.  She was standing by the birthday cake holding him so  he could blow the candles out.  Since I wasn't zoomed way in, I can only assume he blew out the candles, allowing them to eat the cake.  My suspicion is that a split second before the cake aged him, the automatic aging kicked in (because it was after 6pm), leaving her attempting to hold him as he stood on her hipbones!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: