More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:59:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008  (Read 47160 times)
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Room 314 - Updated 5/20/2007
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 25, 16:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening fun throws conflicts when I use macro - garden.

Yes, and teens seem unable to garden at all, or at least to water plants. Adults have no problems.
I can provide logs when I get home from work.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Room 314 - Updated 5/20/2007
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 25, 18:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error log attached. Small greenhouse of 8 plots, free will on. Rena was given a macro - garden command and the errors occurred as she arrived at the plot.
No error with the hack removed.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 03:35:07 by syberspunk » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Room 314 - Updated 6/25/2007
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 26, 03:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the error log Jordi.  Right now, I am uncertain what the problem is... I looked at the code, and the node that it is supposedly throwing up on doesn't quite make sense.  So, I sorted the lines in the BHAV.  Next time you get an error, please post a new log.  I'm hoping that, with the sorted order, I can get a better idea of whether it is actually choking on a line that I modded, if it is a call to another BHAV, or perhaps some undeclared variable that I just can't seem to find in the original spaghetti mess. Tongue

Anyhew, y'all get 3 updates for the price of one. Cheesy

For the zhottubhack, I tweaked the code slightly, and added some randomness, which would hopefully let sims stay in the hot tub a little bit longer.  Originally, sims were exiting either as soon as their comfort and social were very high, or if their energy, bladder, or hunger were very low (- 60-80 range).  I added a check to see if Fun is maxed out.  If it is, then sims will have a random chance of staying in the hot tub (Pleasure 50%, Romance 40%, Popularity 30%, and Wealth 20%, all others will still get out).  If fun is not maxed out, then the social gets checked.  If it is above 90, then the same randomness occurs based on Aspiration.  If it is below 90, then the game will check if there is more than one sim (other than the sim itself duh Tongue) and they will stay in.  If there are no other sims, then the same randomness as before (since theoretically, other sims could join them).

For the gardenfitnessbodyandfunforsome hack, I found the orchard tree globals, so I added Tend, Harvest, and Spray.  Theoretically it should work, but so far remains untested in my game, as of yet (I don't have any gardens, plots, or orchards).  Two known issues:

1) the reported bug conflict causing jump bugs, as I mentioned above.  I still need to track it down.  Please try the new version and post any error logs you might get.

2) the other reported bug, where using <Interaction> Many (i.e. Spray Many..., Harvest Many..., etc.) doesn't work properly.  I am not quite sure why this happens.  Theoretically, the skill bar should start and stop after completing the singular interaction on one object, and when the next interaction on another object starts, the skill bar should be started again.  Undecided  I will have to look further into this... but, if it isn't necessarily breaking anything (meaning, your sims don't have problems skilling on other objects later on), it will remain a low priority for me.

Finally, for the nopartyresearch hack, I found two more BHAVs that are on the bookcaseglobals themselves.  So, I've added the changes to those.  Hopefully this should reduce the party research by visitors.  As always, feedback is welcome. Smiley

Ste

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 26, 12:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest version of nopartyresearch hack is throwing errors when sims attempt to do research. The error came up when they tried to do group research while on macro>college rampage. They couldn't be manually directed to do so either because clicking on a bookcase would also cause an error. Same thing happens when I tried on the career reward bookcase.

Party guests (playable YAs) seem to have stopped trying to do research entirely though. Usually, I'll see the fireplace in their thought bubbles at least once during a party but not this time. Or if they had tried, I guess I would probably have gotten an error message too.

« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 14:27:10 by syberspunk » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Room 314 - Updated 6/26/2007
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 26, 14:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh!   That's what I get for trying to do a quick and dirty job.  I kinda just slapped it together and I forgot to declare the local variable. Tongue

Please try now and let me know if it works this time.

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 26, 14:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro- gardening works now, no more errors. Tried an adult and a teen. Nice to see the skillbar Smiley
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 27, 13:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest latest update of nopartyresearch is also working fine now.  Smiley
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 30, 17:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to a comm lot last night and started getting errors. Some on getting in the hot tub, others on getting out. One Sim tried unsuccessfully to get in 3 different times, then I got an error complaining that an animation was requested 3 times. Well, yeah, the animation was requested but was never successful.

Odd thing is that for the first couple of Sim hours the hot tub was working fine. One couple even woohoo'd in it autonomously (ACR).  After the errors started, none of the Sims could enter the hot tub autonomously although I could direct them to enter it and it would be ok.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 01, 07:59:48 by syberspunk » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Room 314 - Updated 7/1/2007
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 01, 07:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, new version of hottubhack should be fixed now.  Thanks for the feedback. Smiley

Ste

Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 09, 23:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) the other reported bug, where using <Interaction> Many (i.e. Spray Many..., Harvest Many..., etc.) doesn't work properly.  I am not quite sure why this happens.  Theoretically, the skill bar should start and stop after completing the singular interaction on one object, and when the next interaction on another object starts, the skill bar should be started again.  Undecided  I will have to look further into this... but, if it isn't necessarily breaking anything (meaning, your sims don't have problems skilling on other objects later on), it will remain a low priority for me.

The Water Many does not work.  The sim stops after watering one plant.  The skill bar shows up fine and no error message was generated.  Fertilize Many and Plant Many were working fine.  Haven't tried Harvest or Spray Many.

Mooooo
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 15, 02:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a "no lightnings ever" hack?  I think getting hit by lightning is totally unrealistic.  I know it happens, but still...

numenor has one, but that may be a non-awesome answer...
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 05, 13:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if you're still modifying the gardening hack at all, but....it occurred to me that if sims with an interest in environment > = 500 were the only ones who increased their fun motive while gardening that this aspect of the hack would effect relatively few individuals. You might consider also including sims with an interest in health, and those with an interest in weather, since gardening is a healthy lifestyle choice and (usually) takes you outside to appreciate the weather up close and personal.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 18, 23:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried out the gardening hack in Free Time. Everything seems to be working the way it was before except that Sims don't become fit. Must be from those new aspiration benefits that affect fitness. Sims still gained nature enthusiasm just fine, by the way.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: