More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:47:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Different relationship decay error problem...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Different relationship decay error problem...  (Read 4137 times)
dragynphly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Different relationship decay error problem...
« on: 2006 December 13, 10:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got pets, got it installed and I'm pretty sure I updated any hacks/patches that needed updating. I made a point of not even bothering getting pets until the hacks I love from here were caught up and seemed to be stable for the pets ep.

I checked past threads on Controller - Relationship Decay, and saw that people seemed to think it was caused by Pescado's enemiesaccumulate. I don't have this hack. I never had this hack. I don't pretend to understand the logs the errors throw up, but the ones I am getting keep going on about twojeffs triplets and quads mod. I really have no clue though. I was playing with debug mode on the first time I ran the game after installing pets just to check if I did miss anything. I can hardly even play the game though because of the frequency of the errors. I'll be the first to admit I may have missed updating something that needed it, but I was pretty thorough about it.

If anyone can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it!  Smiley

ETA: You can't fix stupid. Apparently I had squinges NoRelWarning still floating around. And one of the first versions of that to boot. I thought I deleted it forever ago before he fixed the sky-high lifetime score issue. Sims2Pack for whatever reason wasn't picking it up on my machine as a hack, and on top of that it was in a completely wrong subfolder. Squinge knows it's not compatible already. I'm a dumbass.

Do I still get extra credit?  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 December 16, 08:17:27 by dragynphly » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Different relationship decay error problem...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 13, 10:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be a conflict of some sort. I have trips and quads with no problems. Do you have the latest version of all your hacks?

I would also look for any hacks that are involved in relationship decay. Remove them and figure out which one is causing the problem.

If you can't narrow it down... then resort to binary search I suppose.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 13, 10:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error is unrelated to triplets and quads, that's just an artifact of NIDs being interpreted as world object IDs. However, this error doesn't match anything presently on file. Either you have something outdated buried in some directory, or it is the work of the Non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 13, 13:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using monique's mod? In that case you likely need the Pets update...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 13, 13:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NON AWESOME!
Not supported here!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragynphly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 13, 16:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hack I have that I think even messes with relationship decay(and I'm probably wrong) is Pescado's phone hack. And I did miss updating that and it still happened after I updated it. I've got all the hack type of downloads pretty well organized into subfolders. I had a couple duplicate hair meshes, no duplicate hacks. According to Paladins Hack Checker, I had a couple of similar mailbox hacks and vampire interaction hacks. Nothing fighting over relationship score. I have gunmods cameras, some simslice/wintermuteai1 stuff(nothing to do with relationships except maybe the "surprise reactions" encoded in a couple of those).

The only thing I have by Monique is the work bring home friend dialogue. And I updated that earlier. Other than that the only behind the scenes game mods I have are from here. And outside of missing the phone hack update I went over the ones from here very carefully to make sure I got all the ones that were updated for pets and got rid of the ones that were listed not compatible. I'm gonna go through and check again, but I suppose I'm going to end up pulling it all out and adding em back one at a time to see what it is. Who knows, with this game it could be anything  Undecided

Thanks for trying to help anyway!  Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 13, 19:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would use the pheverstool to scan your hacks. Anything pink means you have dupes. Sort by MD5 and delete the dupes.

Anything red means they are hacks. Select all hacks and disable them. Then, do a binary search. Binary search is faster than going through your hacks one by one. Tongue Here's how:

10 create new subfolder named <Insert name here> ex. "Hacks that need checking" or "CH3CKD33ZHAXF00" Tongue
 20 create new subfolder named <Insert name here> ex. "Hacks that actually work" or "ZOMGD33ZHAXW3RK" Tongue
 30 Place all your disabled hacks in here (if you used the pheverstool, they will have a .off file extension)
 40 Enable half of your hacks.
 50 Load game
 60 If no error occurs: go to 70; else go to 80
 70 place your "good" hacks in your "working" folder; go to 30 and repeat
 80 REM: Your error obviously lies in this set of hacks
 90 disable half of these hacks
100 load game
110 if no error occurs: go to 40; else go to 120
120 if one hack left: congratultions, you have found the culprit, go to END; else go to 90 and repeat

Hope that all makes sense. Who knew you'd need an easy 12 step program to sort your hacks. Grin

Ste

PS. Extra credit for bonus step after you determine which hack it is:
END: actually reporting it here to let everyone else know what the problem was, and reporting it back to the creator. Cheesy

ETA: Edited to remove typos, make the pseudocode much clearer, and change the numbering to BASIC format. Grin
« Last Edit: 2006 December 14, 02:25:07 by syberspunk » Logged

dragynphly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 13, 20:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  I actually got all that lol. Except you went 1 2 3 4 instead of 10 20 30 40  Cheesy  I still have my tandy with tape recorder storage from when I was a kid laying around.  Roll Eyes

Thanks I'll give that a try!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: