More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 07:52:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Crap. Screen resolution problems, maybe?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crap. Screen resolution problems, maybe?  (Read 2302 times)
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Crap. Screen resolution problems, maybe?
« on: 2006 December 11, 01:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On Saturday my video card was giving me trouble (specifically, it kept minimizing my game to give me some sort of error message, but everything seemed to work fine), so I put in a different one.  When I booted up the game, it loaded in 800 by 600 without the option to increase the resolution.  Fine, whatever, I do the thing where you copy over the medium settings to the low settings and booted it up again.  Except now, every time I run the game, it works for about three minutes and then crashes to the desktop ("The application has crashed and will now terminate.").  I switched video cards to a third option, no dice, and then went back to the first card and am now having the same problem.  I first thought I was having a hack conflict since I had downloaded some new ones Saturday night, but the game was working with them before.  (And the hacks were all awesome; I don't think I have any non-awesome hacks.)  I restored to my previously backed up game files and that wouldn't work, either.  Like the egregious idiot I am, I didn't back up the graphics rules.sgr file before fiddlin' with it, and I'm thinking that that might be the problem.  Oddly, the game still boots up in 800 by 600, even though that's not listed as any of the default options.  ANYWAY, could someone copy out their Nightlife settings for me to stick back in there?  It's usually in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Config, and the file is "graphics rules.sgr".  The only thing I mucked with was the section under "option ScreenModeResolution", copying the medium settings to the low and mediumbutdefaultlow settings (the latter part of which might be my problem). 

I'm hoping this will solve my problem.  If not, I'll be back here, asking about how to fix the BFBVFS my game has become.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Crap. Screen resolution problems, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 11, 04:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my file. I never edited this... so it should be the original one. I drilled down to the exact path you gave basically cutting and pasting into explorer.

Wouldn't you also be able to get this from the original cd? I don't remember. But anyhew, I hope this helps. Smiley

Ste

* Graphics Rules.zip (6.45 KB - downloaded 112 times.)

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Crap. Screen resolution problems, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 11, 15:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you've got the wrong drivers. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: