More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:43:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Satisfying baby want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Satisfying baby want  (Read 10246 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Satisfying baby want
« on: 2006 December 10, 18:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I right in thinking that if a female sim has the baby of her lover rather than her husband, the husband will instinctively know the child is not his and his want to have a baby will not be satisfied?

Edited to add an s
« Last Edit: 2006 December 10, 18:56:03 by mildlydisguised » Logged
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Re: Satisfying baby want
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 19:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that sims instinctively know who's related to them, then yeah, that's probably true.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 19:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought.  I guess I'll know in 3 Sim days time.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 19:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had illegitimate children born into a marriage.  The husband knew he wasn't the father, but he didn't mind.
I assume maxis left that part of jealousy out of the game to spare the feelings of the poor innocent men raped by aliens.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 10, 19:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that my female family sims wants to have a baby are not satisfied by the birth of their husbands alien spawn, then yeah...  his want won't be satisfied, but he still won't care.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 20:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda wish that he thought the child was his, seeing as him knowing implies he knows his wife is sleeping around.  I guess it's a bit too complex to program that in though.  Not a problem, I'll just pretend he thinks it's his.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 10, 21:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chester Cheeze gets along with his wife's cuckoos better than she does!  He just stuffs them all full of grilled cheese sandwiches and sends them to college fat!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 10, 21:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well Squinge did a "had a baby memory fix"
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=24914

it adds the "had a baby" memory to the spouse of the pregnant sim when the other parent is not the spouse of the pregnant sim.

not sure if works with pets or not, I was actually the one to request it but currently have no married sims so I haven't tried it in Pets.

I don't think it satisfies the spouses "have baby" want though, if I remember correctly he couldn't get that to work right.

I believe JM and twojeffs once told me that Sims don't see the family tree or anything. So I've just pretended he didn't know the kid wasn't his, unless he catchs the mom cheating within a reasonable time frame, sometimes after that time frame, I have edited them so the spouse does show as the father of the child and has the family tie (to prevent him from being attracted to the child when the child becomes a teen/adult)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 11, 15:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a dark skinned family who only had dark skin genes throughout their generations. Mom started having an affair with a light skinned man. The children were extremely upset because she would do this in front of them after dad would go to work.

She got pregnant and gave birth to a light skinned child. I was waiting for the fireworks to start when dad got home from work and realized that she had given birth to a child that could not have possibly been his.

Instead he picks up the baby, starts feeding it and took care of it better than mom did. He never blinked an eye. Worse yet, the next day the real father came to see his child. He spent all day at the house caring for the child and the husband still acted like nothing was wrong.

I chalked it up to denial...like in the movie Me, myself and Irene.  Either that or he needs to go to the Sim Optometrist badly.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 11, 16:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a dark skinned family who only had dark skin genes throughout their generations. Mom started having an affair with a light skinned man. The children were extremely upset because she would do this in front of them after dad would go to work.
<snip>
I chalked it up to denial...like in the movie Me, myself and Irene.  Either that or he needs to go to the Sim Optometrist badly.

OMG, this sounds exactly like the Cheeze family, except for the skin color!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 11, 17:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, in one of the cases where a Romance Sim had a kid, some odd DNA glitch made it look muuuch more like the Romance Sim's husband's instead of the actual father (an S3 skin that wasn't in the DNA anywhere instead of the father's extra pale custom skin or the mother's custom gray skin), so I actually went and adjusted the family ties so that he was "officially" the husband's kid. Of course this meant he ended up marrying a genetic half-cousin, but since I also have Sims with unaltered family ties having three bolts for their grand-nieces, oh well  Cheesy
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 11, 18:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Legacy is plagued by incestuous relationships. Everyone has 3 bolts with an in-law or a great uncle or a second cousin.

Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 11, 19:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed their Sims having romantic thoughts about their own siblings?  When my Sims are dreaming or talking about their family, those stupid hearts appear around the bubble.  They don't have lightning bolts in the panel, they just get the hearts.  I had a Sim have those hearts about his own mother.

If this is something else that was fixed after NL, I'll but that EP just to stop it.  It creeps me out. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 11, 19:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims aren't programmed to react negatively to babies, and there are just too many reasons why their wife might pop out a sprog that isn't his. Perhaps she was already that way before they got married: Remember, sims don't timestamp events, so anything that happened in the past, to the mind of a sim, could equally have happened ages ago, or just a second ago. In order for a sim to be able to logically deduce something is wrong, he has to be capable of calculating that time and drawing a logical conclusion of what should and shouldn't happen. Sims, however, never, ever, perform any kind of deductive reasoning. Therefore they are simply not capable of understanding a situation beyond that it is. Since there are no options for sims to be hostile towards babies, or react negatively to them in any way, the capacity for such a thing doesn't exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 11, 20:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like deductive reasoning (for my sims, that is).  I'm thinking that's quite a catchy title for a forthcoming EP although I'm not sure it will be popular with the sheeple!

I just wish my husband sim would think that the baby was his without it actually being his although it really makes no difference. 

Incidentally my sims don't seem to have romantic thoughts about relatives, more often than not they seem to swoon hearts over themselves!

Edited for coherence
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 11, 21:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I started my neighborhood, I wanted to have a house that was two adult sisters and their teenage brother. Obviously, you can't do this in CAS, so I tagged one of the sister's as the teen's mom and then adjusted in SimPE. What I didn't realize is that age transition would revert it back to the original CAS configuration. What's funny is I didn't realize it until the teenage brother's alien son was getting the hots for someone who should have been his direct cousin.

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 11, 22:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a shame a sim can't -refuse- to care for a child that isn't theirs. Ooops! The person who is watching the baby won't feed or change thier diaper and everyone is gone for another seven hours! XD

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 11, 23:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shamelessly take advantage of whichever adult's home to care for a child, regardless of parentage. I usually have some weird version of polyamory going on anyway, due to Two Jeff's hacks. Hee.

Speaking of memories and parentage, etc, just last night I had a couple get married with all ten of their kids present. These people have always lived together since the first time the mom was pregnant, and have been engaged for "years."

But when they tied the knot, all the kids got the "Father joined the family!" memory. WTF? That's so dumb.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 12, 00:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed their Sims having romantic thoughts about their own siblings?  When my Sims are dreaming or talking about their family, those stupid hearts appear around the bubble.  They don't have lightning bolts in the panel, they just get the hearts.  I had a Sim have those hearts about his own mother.

Those are most like gossip memories -- the sim isn't having the romantic thoughts, they're replaying the gossip memory of some other sim who was farting hearts over the sim in question.  So the son was probably replaying the gossip memory from his father (or whoever the mother's lover is Smiley).

The latest version of the lot debugger has an option to nuke gossip memories from the whole hood, which should cut these type of things down, and also shrinks your neighborhood file, where the memories are stored.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 12, 01:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of memories and parentage, etc, just last night I had a couple get married with all ten of their kids present. These people have always lived together since the first time the mom was pregnant, and have been engaged for "years."

But when they tied the knot, all the kids got the "Father joined the family!" memory. WTF? That's so dumb.

Yeah, I got a version of that when I started playing the Caliente household.  Dina (who had been married, for cripe's sake!) succumbed to Don Lothario and got the "had very first woohoo" memory because of the encounter.  Nina, who was already sleeping with Don, also got a "had very first woohoo" memory when she hopped into bed with him.  Very annoying.  Now I have to figure out how to safely change memories in SimPE...  Heh.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 12, 02:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are most like gossip memories -- the sim isn't having the romantic thoughts, they're replaying the gossip memory of some other sim who was farting hearts over the sim in question.  So the son was probably replaying the gossip memory from his father (or whoever the mother's lover is Smiley).
So they're not in love with their mom, they're just repeating salacious gossip about her.  And occasionally dreaming about said gossip.  Okay, that's a tiny bit more palatable. 
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 12, 02:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they're not in love with their mom, they're just repeating salacious gossip about her.  And occasionally dreaming about said gossip.  Okay, that's a tiny bit more palatable. 

Dizzy made this which should squelch all the farty hearts period, I think. If you don't like the farty hearts at all. I also vaguely recall someone doing something similar, but it didn't completely squelch it. It might have been twojeffs or squinge. I forget. Tongue

Ste

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 12, 05:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Nothing funnier than a sim-kid talking about the hot waiter, whom they've never met because they've never been downtown in all their short life, over breakfast... Or maybe it was lunch?

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 12, 05:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I tend to think it's funny and dumb. And I am too lazy to change it.

Although, if I can knock them out with one fell swoop with the lot db'er, then I may just go for it.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 12, 05:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate that memory so I put the axe to it in my game. I should find out whether I can pry it loose from my stuff and package it as a standalone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: