More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:07:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Telepathy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Telepathy  (Read 35307 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No Telepathy
« on: 2006 December 10, 12:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever wonder why you can leave a lot with your toddler in platinum, then come back and find that he's now totally red because some random distant relative he's never met in his life has died, and now your memory pages are full of spam about random dead people and random distant cousins getting their A+, going to college, etc? NO TELEPATHY! (Okay, so it's actually been around for awhile, but now we also have no-death-want-telepathy. I think.)

notelepathy.zip

No Telepathy (v2b) for TS2 v1.0p1-1.0p2 - TS2PETS
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
BlueSoup the Fat Head

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

CHANGES:
Most memories are no longer transmitted telepathically to relatives that they
have never even met before. They can still be passed normally by gossip, but
memories do not begin appearing in the relative's memory bar unless they've
actually met that person. With TS2U+, "death of relative" no longer wipes out
aspiration bars on random toddlers that have never met aforementioned dead
person.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for all versions up to TS2PETS.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 15, 01:18:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: No Telepathy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 16:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Few questions...

The relative does not have to be in the same house, do they? As long as they've met, the fear can be fulfilled, right? For that matter, for wants pertaining to relatives, they must have met?

Also, what does the fight club have to do with this?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 18:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another thing, will this squash the asp. boost an elder will get from a grandchild born on another lot?  It seems a little unbalanced to shelter toddlers from a hit, but allow the elders to keep their boost.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 19:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, elders might have talked to someone on the phone and been told or read the birth announcement in the newspaper.  Toddlers can't do either.  In addition, an elder understands the implications of someone not on the lot being born or dying. Toddlers don't understand either event since people not immediately present aren't really real to them IRL, but if a Sim living with them dies, it would have an effect on their lives.  Mommy or Daddy moving off the lot should also trigger the death fear.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 11, 14:49:18 by miros » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 11, 01:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another thing, will this squash the asp. boost an elder will get from a grandchild born on another lot?  It seems a little unbalanced to shelter toddlers from a hit, but allow the elders to keep their boost.
I think the grandchild want is seperate and works via a different vector: Sims always get the memory, and presumably get the want satisfaction with as much reliability as one can expect from offlot wants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 11, 03:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, this is great.  I've always hated coming back to a lot after not playing for awhile to find my poor toddler in aspiration failure. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 11, 14:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mommy or Daddy moving off the lot should also trigger the death fear.

Well, toddlers can already get the 'relatives break up' fear, which carries the same penalty as the death fear (if memory serves), so that kinda covers it.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 11, 18:11:33 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 11, 17:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, although I usually don't break up sims, that would suffer the same telepathy effects, where if Uncle Joe, the bastard half-sibling that mother has never met before breaks up, the toddler somehow knows about this and cares. No-telepathy squashes this: If the sim is not aware that the other sim even exists, he will not be magically affected.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 14, 22:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what DOES fight club have to do with this hack?

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 15, 01:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what DOES fight club have to do with this hack?
It doesn't, I must have just forgotten to remove it when cut-and-pasting the template.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 15, 02:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed this, but haven't had a chance to try it until yesterday.

I went to a lot that I haven't played for awhile. There are twin toddlers in the house as well as a teen girl and the parents. One toddler was in platinum mood while the other was as red as possible. Everyone else had a good aspiration score. A check of the memories showed nothing that could account for this.

After several minutes of play, I got a notification that the mother and teen daughter had inherited money from the death of the maternal grandmother. (Which I found weird since it happened two months ago real time and I thought I had played that house since then). I then rechecked everyone's memories. The mother and daughter had green memories of the inheritance, but no memory of the death and their aspirations remained fine.

So is this what happened? One toddler had the death fear while the other did not, the fear kicked in but the memories just never arrived? And how are these inheritances handled anyway? Why would one grandchild inherit but not the others?

And can I also assume that this mod would be able to squelch this type of behavior even if the death memory never shows? (assuming of course that the toddler didn't know the dead relative). I've had several instances in the past where Sims inherit money but have no actual memory of the death. Or do they only have the death memory if they were there to witness it?

And what of Sims who have had an unknown relative die before installing the mod, but the house is first played after the mod is installed? Is it too late at that point for those Sims?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 15, 04:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed this, but haven't had a chance to try it until yesterday.

I went to a lot that I haven't played for awhile. There are twin toddlers in the house as well as a teen girl and the parents. One toddler was in platinum mood while the other was as red as possible. Everyone else had a good aspiration score. A check of the memories showed nothing that could account for this.
If this event happened ages ago, it would predate the "want propagation" fix of random people dying. Thus your toddler had already been wiped out by the death of some random relative he never heard of.

This new version prevents this.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 13, 16:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's an unrelated subject.

Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

Not awesome, but my lack of morality makes it okay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 17, 10:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also encountered the adults and teens inheriting, but there was no memory of the sim dying.
There was a sim died on a secret society lot, but people are calling his parent's house, looking for him.
The parents of a college student don't have want fulfillment of the student going to college.

Any thoughts?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 17, 11:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inheriting without death memories is normal: Sims do not receive a memory of friends dying unless they actually witness the act, although they can still receive inheritances of them. Stalkeroidal phone callers for the dead is a known Maxian behavior. Lack of want fulfillment is also a known Maxian issue pertaining to off-lot want fulfillment.

Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 17, 14:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for hitting me back.
The want-fulfillment and stalking sibling issues are just new to my game, entirely.
I'm planning on sending kids to school, will disable the package, just to see if there's a change in want fulfillment. Maybe one of my non-awesome hacks are interfering.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 17, 15:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm planning on sending kids to school, will disable the package, just to see if there's a change in want fulfillment. Maybe one of my non-awesome hacks are interfering.

Um, you seem to have a slight problem with reading comprehension.  Pescado said "Lack of want fulfillment is also a known Maxian issue pertaining to off-lot want fulfillment", which means that the problem exists regardless of whether you have this hack in or not.

In any case, the lack of filling the want seems to be a problem mainly when you move the teen into an already occupied dorm.  It usually gets filled if the teen is the first to occupy a dorm, and gets the arrival cut-sceen or at least the taxi arrival and spin-to-YA annimation. If all your dorms are already occupied, the solution is to keep one dorm empty (the small 5 room dorm is good for this), use it for arriving teens, then move them back to the bin after they spin and put them into the dorm you want them to be in.

And of course, if you just want to give the parents or friends the boost in aspiration, there's always the ctrl-right click with testing cheats on to fill the want.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nadine Blackstone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 18, 21:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jsalemi
Thank you so much for that evaluation of my reading comprehension, but as said before, it is new to my game, I have never had the problem prior to installing the hack, be it integrating into an occupied dorm or not. I was unaware that it was such a rampant thing in so many other peoples' games. As I have not had a problem with it, before, the logical step is to back it up and see if there's anything I can do to narrow down the problem. If I have a conflicting hack, I can work that out.
Thanks Again
Nadine
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 18, 22:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the most interesting thing is that it never happens in my game. And I, obviously, have everything. So clearly, if it's not a Maxian problem, it is the WORK OF THE NON-AWESOME.

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 23, 19:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is No Telepathy supposed to affect the GrowUp memories?   Cause in my game it doesn't seem to.   I have a neighborhood begun with eight families and now on gen 6.   No townie/npc marriages allowed so now families are multiplely related and everyone has dozens of cousins.   Yes, dozens. 

My sim children have dozens (yes, dozens.  I have counted as many as fifty in a row.) of growup memories by the time they turn teen,  most of cousins they have never met. 

Yes,  I do have the latest version of the mod.  I always collect the new version of all your mods before installing the latest expansion. 

Is there anything I can do about this excess of memories?   Any way to get rid of them other than one at a time with Simpe?   LIke nuke all the growup memories for a particular sim without losing the other ones. 
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 25, 00:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um, use Theo's memory plug-in and delete as many as you want at a time in SimPE?
there's a link somewhere in Peasantry....

(you'll love it)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 25, 02:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is No Telepathy supposed to affect the GrowUp memories?   Cause in my game it doesn't seem to.   I have a neighborhood begun with eight families and now on gen 6.   No townie/npc marriages allowed so now families are multiplely related and everyone has dozens of cousins.   Yes, dozens.
I have never seen your particular issue in my game before, mine are only distributed to known relatives. Is it possible your sims know each other, just not very well?

hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 28, 15:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even the toddlers get the memories and they  know very few people outside their immediate family.   The children know a few more but they still don't have many in their relationship panels.  Certainly not  the number that are represented in the memories. 

Any chance of getting a fix that would do what the No A+ memories and NoDeanSpam do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: