More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:13:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is it just my imagination? Less Coffee Bar Obsession...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it just my imagination? Less Coffee Bar Obsession...  (Read 3502 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Is it just my imagination? Less Coffee Bar Obsession...
« on: 2006 December 10, 08:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi guys,
I scoured through almost every hack rtfm I have and can't seem to figure out what might be causing this.
I know many people hated the fact that sims were so obsessed with the coffee bar, but I actually liked it (sort of) since it brought in a lot of money in one of my business lots.
Is there a hack on this site that includes less obsession that might have changed things in my game without my knowing it?
I know there's a hack that does specifically that, but since I don't have that, does anyone have any idea why it might be so hard to get people to buy coffee now? This is happening on the same lot which used to be swarmed. The last time I played it, only one person bought a coffee in a matter of 9-10 hours.
I never used the regular bars since I have yet to see a sim buy a drink in a sim owned lot, but the coffee bar was alright for business.
I can't say that I love how totally obsessed they are, but it'd be nice if a sim limited themselves to 1 or 2, or make it only slightly less attractive rather than practically ignored(and not always based on amount of energy). Many people (myself included), no matter how energetic they are, will still buy coffee just to drink it! Smiley
Thank you muchly for any suggestions.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is it just my imagination? Less Coffee Bar Obsession...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 10, 08:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims don't keep track of how many times they've done something, so there's no way to buy just one or two, it's an all-or-nothing deal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 10, 08:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those fools.. All things in moderation, I say
EDIT: As far as the lack of obsession goes...I still don't understand why they have an aversion to coffee now....
Sims are a strange breed.

EDIT 2: Ya know, I was just mulling this over, and I wonder....Is it possible that now that there are more "fun" objects, the sims are finding other things to do?
I never thought of that, but I just upgraded the club with a ton of fun electronics and pool, etc, so now they actually have a bunch of other things to do...WHen I first started this lot, there was practically nothing there due to financial burdens.  Roll Eyes
Think that could be it?
« Last Edit: 2006 December 10, 09:43:10 by OpiumGirl » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 09:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that now that there are more "fun" objects, the sims are finding other things to do?

IMO, yes

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 10, 10:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should just have JM and twojeff rewrite the whole game so sims aren't so moronicly stupid. Why couldn't they have done something neat like a programming that makes sims bored of certain items if they use it too much. If they use something too much in one day, BAM, boredom token, then they won't go near that unless you make them. I'd love to stop them from reading so much, or from visitors getting on that damn chessboard during their entire visit.

It'd have been nice if sims coould do multiple things at once. Like if another sim is in the room, you should be able to talk to them without staring right at them. Make food while talking, talk while another sim is performing a different action; talk while both sims are doing different actions.

But hey, people in hell want ice water, and this is EA I'm talking about.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 10:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should just have JM and twojeff rewrite the whole game so sims aren't so moronicly stupid. Why couldn't they have done something neat like a programming that makes sims bored of certain items if they use it too much. If they use something too much in one day, BAM, boredom token, then they won't go near that unless you make them. I'd love to stop them from reading so much, or from visitors getting on that damn chessboard during their entire visit.

It'd have been nice if sims coould do multiple things at once. Like if another sim is in the room, you should be able to talk to them without staring right at them. Make food while talking, talk while another sim is performing a different action; talk while both sims are doing different actions.

But hey, people in hell want ice water, and this is EA I'm talking about.

Amen, Amen...
The boredom token is a great idea in concept. It would sure cut out all of the millions of "less blah blah autonomy" and "no blah blah autonomy/obsession" hacks that we need to keep our sanity while playing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 10, 13:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT 2: Ya know, I was just mulling this over, and I wonder....Is it possible that now that there are more "fun" objects, the sims are finding other things to do?
I never thought of that, but I just upgraded the club with a ton of fun electronics and pool, etc, so now they actually have a bunch of other things to do...WHen I first started this lot, there was practically nothing there due to financial burdens.  Roll Eyes
Think that could be it?
Yes. Sims always tend to go with the most highly advertised action of any object. So ONE item becomes the focal obsession of every single sim on the lot every time. Pool is a big one, as are a number of electronic gewgaws. If you remember how every expansion typically introduces a new obsessive action, this is why: Given all factors the same, the sim invariably goes for the highest-advertised action. Some fluctuation occurs due to range and personality, but most objects are highly flagged enough to drag in everyone obsessively, and range fluctuation is only barely enough to convince them to use the nearest one instead of the the furthest one...but range detection is 3D and ignores walls and floors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 11, 04:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some fluctuation occurs due to range and personality, but most objects are highly flagged enough to drag in everyone obsessively, and range fluctuation is only barely enough to convince them to use the nearest one instead of the the furthest one...but range detection is 3D and ignores walls and floors.

Hmmm, does this mean that, if items are placed strategically, it would be possible to parse out some of the objects that sims will gravitate toward?  I mean in an illogical placement strategy but in a way that would cater toward how the sims are made and how they count the distance between where they are and where the object is? I could be totally off here, which means that I likely didn't quite understand about how sims judge the distance.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 11, 06:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a community lot with a pool table and a coffee bar in the same room, and it is definitely the lot with the least coffee obsession.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 11, 07:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AH....okay
Ya know, it would be really nice to be able to limit a certain amount of sims in one room, say 4 people to the pool table room, etc...Then the others might be routed elsewhere until their room is filled.
That would parse out some of them to possibly do other things besides stand around waiting for the one object that everyone wants.
That would only work, though, if they could stop lusting after the objects behind the full room.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: