More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:50:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stop stealing my juice!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stop stealing my juice!  (Read 6808 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Stop stealing my juice!
« on: 2006 December 09, 12:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so annoying-on community lots when I get my sim to order a drink from the juice bar, the bartender will set it down on the counter and a random sim will grab it and drink it! My sim still has to pay for it though. It is quite funny, hordes of sims will hang around my poor sim to steal their drink. This can happen a few times before my sim gets to actually pick up the glass and drink the juice.
Just wondering-is there a fix for this?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Stop stealing my juice!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 09, 18:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it happen a lot at restaurants, but not with drinks.
Not sure there is a fix, but it would be really neat if you could get drink rage, like the puddle rage.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 09, 23:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to my Sims constantly. Every time I play this game for any extended length of time, I'm reminded how terrible the programming is Tongue. But yes, I want a fix for it too.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 10, 01:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happens in my game all the time. I never found it annoying until I tried playing a family without using money cheats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 10, 02:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh. I could look into preventing autonomous gankage, but think of the Ethiopians!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 10, 23:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh. I could look into preventing autonomous gankage, but think of the Ethiopians!

I'd really like a fix for it if you can please Wink Sod the Ethiopians!

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 11, 00:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Brazen Manuever is for wussy and lesser wimpy Ethiopians. Only those on a diet of outings and dates deserve to survive.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 11, 20:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't gankage from ethiopians be user-directed and thus not autonomous?

It just leaves the problem of ethiopians on a comm lot but not currently being played being able to autonomously purchase stuff anyway...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 12, 05:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but since that has no impact on the actual challenge, it doesn't count. It does highlight a fundamental weakness of Sim-personalization, though: That they're all the same and you can't have sims that will simply never do that thing while others do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 12, 06:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would a way to get through the baby/toddler stage in ethiopian be to open a store selling bottles of baby milk with a non-ethiopian sim, wait until your ethiopians had been shopping while not being played - then go do the challenge?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 12, 09:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ethiopian Challenge closed as of OFB, it's just not adaptable to OFB features, so that doesn't count.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 12, 09:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole inventory raiding just made it too easy?

I've never tried ethiopian or email...  never been inclined to do so.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 13, 06:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so annoying-on community lots when I get my sim to order a drink from the juice bar, the bartender will set it down on the counter and a random sim will grab it and drink it! My sim still has to pay for it though. It is quite funny, hordes of sims will hang around my poor sim to steal their drink. This can happen a few times before my sim gets to actually pick up the glass and drink the juice.
Just wondering-is there a fix for this?

-steams- I've been having the same problem with my new legacy founder's outings. Idiot townies walk over and swipe his friends' food, they don't register that they actually ORDERED something, so retain the menu and food thought bubble, and my sim still has to pay for the food. The last time it happened I used Move Objects to snatch the plate, deleted it, and then deleted HIM. I know, it didn't do anything to them, but it made ME feel better to think I'd "killed" him.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 13, 06:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel inspired now. Expect an anti-food-stealing hack soon. It won't ban the food stealing, but it WILL make life more interesting. And by interesting, I mean violent.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 13, 10:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel inspired now. Expect an anti-food-stealing hack soon. It won't ban the food stealing, but it WILL make life more interesting. And by interesting, I mean violent.

Hahah. Sweet. Anything to make things more violent. I'm not sure what did it, but I no longer have random sims fighting or what not. Probably due to nopuddlerage, or at least partly so. I'm almost inclined to remove nopuddlerage, or tweak it so that puddle rage occurs with a random chance rather than being totally disabled. Too bad you can't improve it so that at least maybe sims get pissed off at other sims who have pissed themselves. Cheesy

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 13, 10:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do that for the juice-stealers too couldn't you? Grin They could beat the shit out of the theiving skanks! Actually I'd like that better than a hack to stop them Cheesy

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 13, 12:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahah. Sweet. Anything to make things more violent. I'm not sure what did it, but I no longer have random sims fighting or what not.

Do you have fightclub? I've got a lot more now. It's hurting my businesses a little bit, but I think it's worth it.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 13, 12:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a charmingly grouchy sim who goes around fighting everything on two legs.  I love the way she starts conversations; I think she actually uses the argue animations, but then turn into a normal conversation if whomever she's talking to happens to agree.

I always picture what happens something like this:
Mean Simmie: "I HATE aeroplanes!" *poke*
Nicer Sim: "Hm...  Aeroplanes.  Yes, no, I don't like them much either."
Mean Simmie: "Really?" *confused* "How about aliens?"
Nicer Sim: "Aliens are nice."
And from there the conversation seems to flow normally.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 13, 21:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh heh heh.. I'll take it as soon as you have it up!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: