More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:52:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Runaway pet fails to be returned
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Runaway pet fails to be returned  (Read 6539 times)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Runaway pet fails to be returned
« on: 2007 July 13, 22:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sim dogs ran away. After a few days, I got the call that said someone had found my dog. The caller came over, but no dog. No interactions were possible that related to the dog, and the still-gone dog started having motive decay. Retrieve missing sim does nothing, nor does force error-delete.

When searching, I found this http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6361.0.html thread, but the link in there is dead, and the rest of the thread wasn't terribly helpful.

I never bothered with the ZOMGPETZ!!1!! patch, because I only heard bad things about it, but I think both Seasons and H&M auto-patched on install.

Otherwise, only Awesome hacks.

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Runaway pet fails to be returned
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 14, 10:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will apply,  go to another lot and watch to see if the lost dog shows up outside. If the dog turns up call the dog's owner.  I had a lost dog that didn't have a collar on, I don't remember if I called him in as lost,  anyway I went to a different lot and there was the dog, I called the owner and he came and got him. You could give it a try.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 14, 12:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the dog is already found and behaves as if it were on the lot; problem is the icon still shows it as runaway and it isn't on the lot.

I directed the damned dog to "go here", which made it throw an error and then re-appear on the lot. The icon still shows it as runaway, and when it threw the error, the debugger disappeared.

I'm now trying with moving the family out, bulldozing the heck out of the lot, and rebuilding. I haven't moved them in again, but I'm hoping it'll fix it.

msalwaysright
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 14, 12:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the dog is already found and behaves as if it were on the lot; problem is the icon still shows it as runaway and it isn't on the lot.

I'm having a similiar problem. I had the owner call to report him missing, but I never got a call that he was found-he just showed up on the lot the next day.
His icon shows as runaway and I can't get the option to get him a job, but all other options show as normal.

I've tried deleting him and letting him regenerate-with no results.

I'm now trying with moving the family out, bulldozing the heck out of the lot, and rebuilding. I haven't moved them in again, but I'm hoping it'll fix it.

I've been too lazy to do that, please post your results. Grin

"Proper capitalization is important, SimplyComplex. As you will know if you have ever had to help your uncle Jack off a horse."~Jack Rudd
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 14, 20:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I moved the family in, and the icon still shows the blasted dog as run away. However, all interactions are possible with the dog, and it shows up in the list for animals to put up for adoption, so I guess it's just a formality with the icon or something?

I'll try to give it up for adoption and adopt it back. If it comes back runaway, I'll go crazy. I swear. Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 15, 04:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it show as a runaway/stray in SimPE (is there that option?)? I've only had one runaway pooch...never brought back despite the fact that the family reported him missing three times a day until they got the message to give up already. He was the neighborhood's bitch and had perfect relationships with the family, but was constantly getting attacked by strays. Then, two generations later, he shows up on another lot of the family's descendants again getting in a fight with another stray. I added him to the family, and he died the next day. Sheesh.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 15, 10:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE claims to not be happy about the H&M shit pack, so I haven't checked.

I gave the dog up for adoption, adopted it back - still shows as runaway. Gave it up for adoption again and had another family adopt it. It came to them with the runaway icon too. Finally, I gave up and killed the damned dog.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 15, 20:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have a cat intended to fulfill someone's "get X pets to the top of their careers" LTW, and it got stuck as a runaway. just like a cat to be so lazy. Free room and board by glitching.

INFP or something
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 16, 03:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a cat run away tonight, after his master died.  Reported it (he was wearing a collar), but nothing after a couple of Sims days.

Maybe Chipster will show up at a community lot and can be sent home.   Maybe.  He is a sour personality whose sole purpose in life is to instigate fights. 

Sort of like Pescado.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 16, 04:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. Ignore that. I've been using it since H&M with no issues, and goodness knows it'll be New Years before they update it again.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 16, 09:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. Ignore that. I've been using it since H&M with no issues, and goodness knows it'll be New Years before they update it again.

Oh, awesome! I was kinda waiting for someone else to try if it made things go boom. Wink

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 16, 14:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've messed with turn-on/offs, sexual preferences, personality points, skill points, family tree fanangling, hack personalization (trips & quads), and done some recolors. All fine. Can't speak for wants, fears, or memories as I never ever touch those.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 17, 08:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, I'm not good at simPE at all, but I managed to muck around a bit. The dog has a memory of running away, but no memory of returning. I'm guessing that's the problem? I checked the memories to see if I could add one of returning, but I found no pet-memories at all. There were, however, a "token - bad hair day" that gave me lulz.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 17, 08:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad hair day  Grin  For Pets or Sims?
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

View Profile WWW