More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:32:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downloads Folder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downloads Folder  (Read 2557 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Downloads Folder
« on: 2006 December 09, 10:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I download a new object unzip blah blah put it in my DL folder. I am trying to be more organized and so I put them into seperate folders within the DL folder. After I have finished I go play my game with my shiney new stuff and then I find something else new and shiney so I DL it and I go back to the folder to put the new files in and suddenly I have a few files not put in the seperate files. I don't unzip right into that file and the only thing I can figure is the Sims2pack files that do it but even after installing those I refresh my DLs folder to make sure all files get moved to the right place. So where are these mysterous files coming from?

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Downloads Folder
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 09, 12:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sure these files do not get put into the downloads folder until after the game is loaded.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 09, 18:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you unpack lots with the sim2pack clean installer, it puts the lots in the teleport folder firs and move them into the game next time you start it, or something like that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 09, 20:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you check these mystery files with clean installer, they will probably be empty. When you install a lot into your game, these files often appear when the game is run and it installs the lot into the actual game.

Empty files can be deleted. They are no longer needed. By subfoldering all the rest of your downloaded items, you can more easily keep track when the garbage files appear.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 09, 23:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get it now! Thank you all for your help. It of course makes sense that after you start the game and actually load these things you'd see the files for it afterward. I'm slowly learning all the inner workings of this game and everything that comes with it!
Thanks again!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: