More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 03:22:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!  (Read 250047 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
« Reply #100 on: 2006 December 30, 00:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. Does this affect teen-teen interactions as well? The first teen didn't display any desire to eat her teenaged sister's brains either. In fact there seemed to be a lot more 'give friendly hug' interactions going on and she rolled up a fear of running away.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 December 30, 04:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, teens don't seem to autonomously see any of the plugins.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2006 December 31, 10:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried this mod yet, but it will be going into a custom Zombie Apocolypse neighbourhood very soon. My question/comment, however, is not about zombies, but vampires. It has irked me ever since Nightlife came out that the vampires in the game do not feed on non-vampires, and it's just stupid that they still need to eat and use the toilet when they're supposed to be undead. Would it be possible to create a mod that allows vampires to either 'feed' (their hunger bar fills, while all of the other sim's motives diminish) or 'drain' (same as feed, but it kills the other sim)? Alas, I do not possess the technical know-how for such an undertaking, but surely somebody more awesome than I could come up with a mod to make sim-vamps more 'realistic' ('realistic' being a relative term, of course). It really needs to be done...

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 December 31, 10:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaklin did that, but her site is gone now, and the mod never worked with JMP's vampwerefixes anyway.

Vampires already have static motives at nighttime so they should not need to eat or shower (monique has a good mod at mts2 which allows their fun and social to drain, so they will try to have fun and interact again).

Theoretically a vampire will at some point try to bite the neck of a Sim he has a good relationship with, but I have NEVER seen this happen with the vampwerefixes in. The only bitten Sims I have are those I influenced the vampire to bite.

//edit: the file dump is still up at http://shaklin.net/ -- shaklin_vampkiss_more_interactions.zip is the one which adds a "bite neck" much like your drain, shaklin_vampkiss_more_interactions_vampirhunter.zip also adds holy water and a wooden stake so Sims can hunt and kill vampires.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2006 December 31, 11:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vampire-sim's motives are static upon waking at night, but by morning all of the motives decay until the sim is tired enough to go to its coffin. Hunger and Social decay the fastest, so the first thing the sim wants to do upon waking the next night is eat, and then it has to use the toilet, which is just silly. I want a global hack that requires a vampire to either 'feed' or 'drain' a victim (which perhaps could raise both hunger and social, since it is a rather 'up close and personal' activity). I'll try Shaklin's mod, but it's not quite what I'm looking for.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 December 31, 11:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never have that problem, since I send my vampires to their coffins within seconds of sunrise. Pescado's sleep clock can help here.
Additionally I use monique's Vampire Indoors Decay Hack, which makes a vampire's needs decay like normal Sim's as long as they're indoors (out of sunlight), so even if I do forget to send them to their coffins, as long as they're not outside they function normally.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 December 31, 11:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theoretically a vampire will at some point try to bite the neck of a Sim he has a good relationship with, but I have NEVER seen this happen with the vampwerefixes in. The only bitten Sims I have are those I influenced the vampire to bite.
It will happen, but ONLY to sims that are part of your current family, or townies. Biting NPCs causes endless sim respawns and BFBVFS, biting playables not being played results in them dying when they suddenly are vampires when formerly saved as nonvampires. This actually increases the odds of your playable being bitten, since more targets are rendered ineligible.

Still, the odds of it happening on its own are exceptionally bad unless you remove all potential distractions, much like getting dogs to mate.

Also, Maxian vampires stop biting once a certain number of sims have become vampires.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 December 31, 12:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a Contessa in and she bit her girlfriend the first night. Might be because she's a grand vamp though.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 December 31, 12:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grand vampires are the only vampires that autonomously bite. Non-grand vampires will only bite when diected or influenced to. This appears to be Maxis-standard behavior.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 December 31, 15:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the grand vampires the ones with names such as Count & Contessa?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 December 31, 15:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 January 01, 02:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also send my vamps to bed as soon as the sun rises, but if they have a daytime job their motives will decay anyway.  So when they wake up at night they do have to eat and go to the bathroom and stuff.

Shaklin's hack is pretty cool, but I would like something a little more natural and integrated.  By that I mean that the dialog box that pops up everytime is annoying to me.  I suppose I'd like the options to be on the social menu when the victim is clicked instead of a pop-up dialog box.  I'd also like a hack that wouldn't have the sim look like they are transforming when they are in fact not transforming.  I'd don't know if it would be possible to change those animations though.

Overall shaklin's hack is pretty good and sounds like what you are looking for notveryawesome.  The vampire does get their fun and hunger filled up when they bite and sometimes the other sim faints if they are uncontrollable and if the other sim is being played by you then they faint everytime they get bitten.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2007 January 02, 12:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, I cannot send my vampires to their coffins unless they are at least 50% tired, even with Monique's vampire sleep caller (I don't use JM's sleep clock). Thus, the other motives decay, along with their energy, so my vamps wake up hungry, lonely, and in need of fun. Gah! All I want is a more realistic vampire that must feed from other sims in order to survive. Sorry to have derailed the zombie apocolypse thread, but if zombies can eat brains, why can't vampires drink blood instead of eating normal food (and consequently having to use the toilet, which is just SILLY)?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 January 02, 12:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grand vampires are the only vampires that autonomously bite. Non-grand vampires will only bite when diected or influenced to. This appears to be Maxis-standard behavior.
Any chance of a 'Children of the Night' mod, with autonomous vampire biting for non-counts/countesses?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 January 02, 14:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, I cannot send my vampires to their coffins unless they are at least 50% tired, even with Monique's vampire sleep caller (I don't use JM's sleep clock). Thus, the other motives decay, along with their energy, so my vamps wake up hungry, lonely, and in need of fun. Gah! All I want is a more realistic vampire that must feed from other sims in order to survive. Sorry to have derailed the zombie apocolypse thread, but if zombies can eat brains, why can't vampires drink blood instead of eating normal food (and consequently having to use the toilet, which is just SILLY)?

Actually, a component of normal human feces is bile pigment which is created by the liver from the break down of old red blood cells.  So I think that a) vampires should have to use the toilet and b) the results should be very dark and stinky!  Ask any woman who's had to take iron suppliments.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2007 January 02, 15:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I understand your point, pedantic though it may be; however, vampires are supernatural beings - women who take iron supplements are not. Tongue

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 January 02, 16:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, with no fiber, just blood, it would look very like tar.  It's only logical... blood goes in the top, something's going to come out the bottom!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: 2007 January 02, 17:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance of a 'Children of the Night' mod, with autonomous vampire biting for non-counts/countesses?

I agree. I would love to see a bit more autonomous biting. Hrm... maybe this should be more of a twojeffs mod? Something similar to ACR, where non-counts/countesses will vampify their respective teh Ones. That would be neat and some what more "realistic" at least as far as most vampiric lore (that I am familiar with) goes. It sorta makes sense that counts/countesses would go around randomly vamping and building up their "army of dark minions" or whatever. But I think non-count/countesses should be able to vampify teh One that they could spend the rest of eternity with, or whatever.

Gah! All I want is a more realistic vampire that must feed from other sims in order to survive. Sorry to have derailed the zombie apocolypse thread, but if zombies can eat brains, why can't vampires drink blood instead of eating normal food (and consequently having to use the toilet, which is just SILLY)?

I also agree with this. I would like to see a non-conflicty, officially More Awesome Than You "kiss of the vampire" kind of hack, that simply allows a vamp to "feed" off of their victims without necessarily turning the victim into a vamp, and possibly permitting the option to kill the sim off, or in the very least, it saps all of their energy, comfort, and perhaps other stuff, like hygiene and fun, pretty much dropping them down into the reds. So maybe they could die of exhaustion instead, or what not.

Ste

dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 January 02, 18:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, I cannot send my vampires to their coffins unless they are at least 50% tired, even with Monique's vampire sleep caller (I don't use JM's sleep clock).

See I just don't understand this.  Another person in another thread was talking about the same problem.  I've never had that problem before.  The second the sun rises I click the "sleep in pajamas" option on the coffin and the vampires go to sleep and do not wake up until dark unless they have a job.  And all of their needs including energy are totally green when I do this.  That is the way it is suppose to work in the game.  I think maybe there is a hack conflict of some kind in your game to make where they can't go to sleep until their energy is down.  Maybe not, but I can't imagine why there would be such a difference in our games.

As for whether vampires should have to use the bathroom (a fascinating subject), personally I take miros point of view on the subject.  What goes in must come out even if you are supernatural.  I understand the other side too...the whole absolutely undead and supernatural being (like in Anne Rice's novels) that has no bodily fluids left nor do they make anymore after they die and then become the undead.  Thus they don't cry those oh so cute bloody tears that emo kids love so much either.  If I remember correctly in Anne Rice's novels the blood goes to feed the supernatural entity that resides in each vampire.  And then if we go back to the very earliest myths about vampires, I doubt such things were even considered by their tellers.  To them vampires were living corpes that sucked the life blood of the living and beyond techniques to ward them off, I doubt much else of the vampires life (or unlife as it were) concerned them. Wink

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 January 03, 00:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also agree with this. I would like to see a non-conflicty, officially More Awesome Than You "kiss of the vampire" kind of hack, that simply allows a vamp to "feed" off of their victims without necessarily turning the victim into a vamp, and possibly permitting the option to kill the sim off, or in the very least, it saps all of their energy, comfort, and perhaps other stuff, like hygiene and fun, pretty much dropping them down into the reds. So maybe they could die of exhaustion instead, or what not.
Ste

Yeah, what he said. We need more random death. Besides it would be great for a zombie hood with something like this as well.

ETA: Though I still think vamps should have a penchant for young virgins and a preference for their blood.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 January 04, 00:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...why can't vampires drink blood instead of eating normal food (and consequently having to use the toilet, which is just SILLY)?
If I'm remembering this right, a large part of blood is just water, so animals like vampire bats that live on blood have to pee a lot to get rid of all the non-nutritious fluid volume. That's assuming number ones instead of number twos.  Grin

(edited for formatting moronity)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 January 09, 14:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For whatever reason, I cannot send my vampires to their coffins unless they are at least 50% tired, even with Monique's vampire sleep caller (I don't use JM's sleep clock).

See I just don't understand this.  Another person in another thread was talking about the same problem.  I've never had that problem before.  The second the sun rises I click the "sleep in pajamas" option on the coffin and the vampires go to sleep and do not wake up until dark unless they have a job.  And all of their needs including energy are totally green when I do this.  That is the way it is suppose to work in the game.  I think maybe there is a hack conflict of some kind in your game to make where they can't go to sleep until their energy is down.  Maybe not, but I can't imagine why there would be such a difference in our games.

Dream

do you use the radience light mod?

I get that nifty sunrise effect before the game counts the sun as being up, so when the light appears, I send the vamp to bed, and invariably, if I'm not paying attention, about one simminute before sunrise he pops back out of bed because, duh, he's not tired, no motive decay. By the time he gets back in bed, though, he's plenty tired and in the red >.> especially if I wasn't watching and he stands there for a simhour or two

INFP or something
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 January 14, 21:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you use the radience light mod?

No I don't have that one.  That must be the difference then.  Thanks for clearing that up. Cheesy

Dream

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 January 25, 13:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1: Non-untouchable NPC's are fair game, right? And potentially this could turn a whole neighbourhood into a Romerian playing field.
NPCs can be zombied, yes.
Ahh but what if one of the zombies try turn corrupt crumplebutt into one?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 January 25, 14:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1: Non-untouchable NPC's are fair game, right? And potentially this could turn a whole neighbourhood into a Romerian playing field.
NPCs can be zombied, yes.
Ahh but what if one of the zombies try turn corrupt crumplebutt into one?

emphasis mine

INFP or something
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: