More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:04:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!  (Read 248822 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
« Reply #75 on: 2006 December 22, 05:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess...I don't think Pes uses ACR, so I'm thinking he won't be making any mods to hook into it. 

Not a bad idea, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 December 22, 11:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you holding out on us, Pescado?  Tongue
Because firstly, it may not be suitable for the public, and secondly, it's not done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 December 22, 21:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry im really new to sims mods, whats ACR?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 December 22, 21:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomous Casual Romance by Twojeffs

It's still in beta, but he seems to have worked most of the bugs out.
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 December 23, 19:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, ACR is really cool if albiet confusing to work hehe, now if i can just find that Nanny System thing so i can use Lobonanny on it.

As for my Pleasentville, its a Zombie Wasteland, they have been running around like a horde attacking any human, most places i go out too have alot of zombies hanging out,  though surprisingly they leave Queen Vampire Lena alone and even take care of her kids for her while she sleeps during the day. Zombies are a really good labor force, and surprisingly good with children.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 December 23, 21:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies are a really good labor force, and surprisingly good with children.

They're growing their food source.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 December 23, 23:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for my Pleasentville, its a Zombie Wasteland, they have been running around like a horde attacking any human, most places i go out too have alot of zombies hanging out,  though surprisingly they leave Queen Vampire Lena alone and even take care of her kids for her while she sleeps during the day. Zombies are a really good labor force, and surprisingly good with children.
Zombies don't eat vampires, because vampires are also undead, and kids can't be zombies. They'll be eaten the moment they become teens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 December 24, 15:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do zombies get a relationship boost if they get their ass kicked during a brain eating attempt? The other party gets the negative effect I would expect.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 December 24, 16:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even zombies dream of enjoying a quiet meal, every now and then...  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 December 24, 16:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do zombies get a relationship boost if they get their ass kicked during a brain eating attempt? The other party gets the negative effect I would expect.
This will be investigated. It is likely a side effect of furiousness in the standard game.

breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 December 24, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, really?

And here I thought it was simply a natural reaction to one's meal fighting back.
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 December 24, 16:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a bug Servo Bots can be turned into zombies? heh they dont really have brains to eat, just a CPU.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 December 24, 16:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, just Maxis weirdness. Servoes can be zombies, vampires, werewolves, just like normal Sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 December 24, 17:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos can become zombies under the right conditions, but they SHOULD be ignored by Zombie Apocalypse. You'd have to specifically turn a robot into a zombie via extreme chicanery to get a robot zombie. If you somehow get a zombie robot, god help you, because robots have a hefty combat bonus that, unlike werewolves, does not expire. And if you get a zombie-werewolf-vampire-robot? DOOOOOMED. I'm not even sure BlueSoup, Warrior Princess could stop that.

emctrap
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 December 24, 18:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhh, you might want to hold yourself back a little before you start making a lot of zombies.

Your controllable sim is safe from zombie attack, but if you're on a comm lot, your playables are as vulnerable as the townies.  Trust me, comm lot outings and dates are a lot more exciting when your own playables are on the line!  Cheesy 

God, that's the truth. Just got it installed, built a test neighborhood... and, wow. Just, wow. A household of four adult Sims was zombified in a little less than 12 hours. Sim Zombie 1 attacked 2; 1 and 2 attacked the other two.

Zombie 1 (by this time at body 3) went on an immediate rampage at the art museum. Even allowing for several cappucino breaks, roughly 3/4 of the lot's Townies were the walking dead by hour six, thanks to Z1 and her first two, uh, "converts".

I'm going work on active zombie fighting next, using one Paladin's rayguns-- as Seelindarun noted, once those body points start racking up, the situation gets pretty dire pretty fast. Time to go from melee to distance combat.

Best mod ever!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 December 24, 19:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I have a decent zombie horde (~15 zombies), I'm finding that the converts are far more interesting than the uber-zombie founders.  'Cause you see, fights with the converts have uncertain outcomes, whereas all but my combat-seasoned playables succumb to the uber-zombies.  Furthermore, zombies pretty much spend all their time gaining combat experience, so even my playables who started out ahead will succumb unless they die of something else.  I don't even want to think about

Is there any way to even the prizes for a bout with a zombie?  I mean, a sim could lose his brain in a fight, but a zombie only loses some of his motives. Tongue  If it's too risky to have death as an outcome in a fight, what if zombies above, say 5 or 6 skill points, could also lose a point for each defeat? 

I could always have a zombie roast periodically, but some consideration for a change like this would make Zombie Apocalypse more self-sustaining.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 December 24, 20:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SimVac seems to be a good weapon to use against zombies. Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2006 December 24, 23:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need a torch and/or molotov cocktail firebombing mod to combat the zombie hordes. hehe. Cheesy

Ste

VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 December 25, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish someone could make a patch to prevent Servo bots from becoming monsters, its just wrong lol.

I do agree though, it'd be pretty cool if there where was a "Evil Dead" Kit or Buffy the Vampire Slayer clothing or something, someone modded in that lets you kill or at least fight off zombies, afterall, theres always someone who tries to fight a zombie horde during the zombie apocolypse Smiley Naturally only player sims would have this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 December 25, 01:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's BlueSoup, Warrior Princess. Does that count?

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 December 25, 14:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woud Blue Soup stand up against a werewolf full body pts.? 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 December 25, 14:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woud Blue Soup stand up against a werewolf full body pts.? 
Yes. BlueSoup has over 50 fights.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 December 26, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SimVac seems to be a good weapon to use against zombies. Tongue

Is there any way for Sims with a SimVac in their inventory when attacked, instead of being attacked, using the SimVac on the zombie? Or is that just too stupid?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 December 29, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having much zombified fun with this over xmas and can recommend the SimWardrobe assault rifle for keeping undead numbers down. I did notice some weirdness with teen zombies though. If a young adult/adult/elder is zombified they pretty well immediately start displaying a taste for brains and start attacking an appropriate nearby sim. A couple of playable teens that were zombified at community lots just carried on acting the way they did before and are/were on good friendly relations with their family. However, as soon as I sent the first teen to uni, she turned into a slavering brain eating zombie just like the others. Are teen zombies meant to not want to eat brains?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 December 29, 20:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the no-autonomy plugin socials effect. Adults and elders can't see the autonomy advertisements on plugin socials and thus do not respond to them. A similar problem exists in Jeffistani ACR.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: