More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:38:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!  (Read 248791 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 10, 00:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Potions don't really have a cost, Syberspunk. Call the gypsy, pay a negligible token cost, and then drink the potion is not really a cost.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 10, 02:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gypsy potions need to have unexpected side-affects when taken with lower than gold aspiration (like aspiration items do). Like a supernatural "cure" like Vamprocillian-D got totally borked and could randomly do nothing, make you sick, make you a second kind of supernatural, give you cheese-brain, or just kill your sim outright (and then you'll have to beg for their life from the Reaper). That would be consequence for dealing with fraudulent gypsies!  Grin

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 10, 07:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just way too awesome!  It's even beyond the level of awesomeness I have come to expect here.   Shocked

When I played the Apocalypse Challenge, I zombified most of the townies.  I'm looking forward to checking out the neighborhood with this installed.  So far the zombies have only been stealing newspapers and kicking over the trash can.  Brain-eating seems like more realistic zombie behavior.  Okay, now I'm excited and just a little bit nervous.  I'm not a big fan of zombies, so it should actually be a little scary for me.  Still, it's so cool that I just have to try it.

Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 11, 10:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm dreaming of a "zombie killer potion"... you drink it, you attack a zombie: if you win, the zombie dies. If you lose, you lose your brain...

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
sheetmason
Asinine Airhead

Lucky thunk beautifully before he was born.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 11, 21:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, a real reason never to leave the house!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 12, 23:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would prefer a non cheaty way. At least with an interaction or a potion or what not, things come with some kind of cost, penalty, or consequence.
Ste

Thought you'd be interested in this, then -- someone on MTS2 has come up with a Zombie cure potion:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=209590

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 13, 08:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Third edit's a charm.

For some reason I think this is throwing me errors. I'm running Uni + NL, and get these errors every time I ressurect someone as a zombie. At first I thought it was because my fight club was missing, but I replaced it and the errors continue.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 13, 08:29:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 13, 08:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I think this is throwing me errors. I'm running Uni + NL, and get these errors every time I ressurect someone as a zombie. At first I thought it was because my fight club was missing, but I replaced it and the errors continue.
Noted. Appears something doesn't exist yet in NL. Will have a workaround for next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 13, 14:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would make this mod truely awesome is if zombies were turned into an NPC type character with the prerequisite extreme personality not unlike the evil cow mascot except with 0 neat points and that they emitted a permanent stench, because lets face it, zombies arent nice, they are quite disgusting in general and they stink.

Neat = 0
Outgoing = 10
Active = 10
Playful = 0
Nice = 0
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 13, 16:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any prerequisites for a zombie to attack someone?  I have two zombies in my hood (Goopy in the main, and an ex-dormie at the university), and while I've seen more of them in walk-bys and on community lots than in the past, neither has attacked anyone yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 13, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH lord, my zombies want each and everyone that comes into the dorm...come in living, go out a zombie.  Im not sure but they may have to enter the lot.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 13, 19:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any prerequisites for a zombie to attack someone?  I have two zombies in my hood (Goopy in the main, and an ex-dormie at the university), and while I've seen more of them in walk-bys and on community lots than in the past, neither has attacked anyone yet.

2: Will this favour enemy sims as targets?
In theory? I have no idea what makes sims pick the targets they do.

Maybe they have to be huuuuuuunnnnnnnnnggggrrrrrrrrrrry... for brrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaiinnzzzzzzzzzz... Grin

Did you try using debug cheats to lower their hunger?

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 13, 22:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I didn't change their hunger -- I'm trying to see what happens if I let things take their 'natural course' (so to speak Smiley ). I may pop into my test hood and make a zombie or two  there, and see what happens if I make them hungry.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 December 13, 23:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH lord, my zombies want each and everyone that comes into the dorm...come in living, go out a zombie.  Im not sure but they may have to enter the lot.

Same here!

I took a zombie downtown and he proceeded to attack everyone at the Luck Shack Cards and Drink lot. I let him go at it, but eventually I stopped him. He seemed intent on 'zombifying' the whole town in record time!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 13, 23:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, now you have me wondering -- my zombies aren't playables, so maybe that's the difference. It may only happen with playable zombies. 

Heh -- I have a knowledge sim that wants to be a zombie.  I think maybe I'll indulge her. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 13, 23:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the zombies have to be playables.  Can't be sure, as I haven't returned any of my zombies to the townie pool.  They serve as domestic help...  Grin

Anyway, one of my playables was on an outing at Rodney's Hideout, when the llama mascot-turned-zombie showed up and proceeded to rampage the whole lot.  I don't think hunger has anything to do with it.  He sat down at the bar for a meal first, and then attacked a headmaster, a townie, and another playable who was part of the outing but not under my control at the time.  According to Pescado, his motives should have been green after the first one.  Anyway, after the 3rd fight in 6 hours, I had my controllable sim leave the lot.

I've concluded that under Zombie Apocalypse, sims really do need to run away at the first opportunity, especially if your zombies have 10 body skill points!  Shocked  Pescado did warn me...

I don't remember if my zombie had any kind of relationship with the sims whose brains he devoured, but I'm curious as to whether they just can't help themselves and will attack friends, too...
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 December 14, 00:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO , the unplayable sims were attacking others in the dorm as well.  Thats why its...zombie apocolypse!

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 December 14, 02:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious... if you ressurect a townie/dormie or what not, do they automatically become playable?

I think that... when you save a townie/dormie from death, they are still townies/dormies.

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 December 14, 08:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies become playables. I never had a townie die who I bothered to save or resurrect, but probably they do the same.
Hence the Ingelogical shrub of be-a-(down)townie-ness
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 December 14, 08:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my experience, if you resurrect a dormie or townie, they become part of your household.  That's why I've never bothered with them.  I guess I could use the shrub to put them back, but I just never messed with them except in testing or something.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 December 14, 08:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they do become part of your household. I usually shove them on an empty lot with a phone and pc, and forget about them. They still shamble around the neighbourhood and visit community lots and stuff.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 December 14, 09:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste: my werewolf will thank you for that latter one!

Families should share lycanthropy and other interesting diseases. Just like the British royals, they are all werewolves. (Just look at Princess Anne, or rather, don't.)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 December 14, 09:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all. I actually whipped up a hack to the Resurrect-O-Nomitron stealing borrowing bits of code from the Ingelogical shrub and the NPC & Townie Maker. Now... if only I had a way to test it... Tongue since I currently don't have any households with sims who have unlocked it, much less even sims who are graduates or in the secret society. Hehe. I'll have to use the unlock rewards cheat in my testing account and try it out sometime tomorrow.

I also whipped up a quick hack to allow werewolf savaging between teens and older sims. I have to test that too, but hopefully what I did works, and I won't have to resort to a clumsy method like with the dancing together social. Stupid Maxis EA and their stupid morals or whatever the heck. Roll Eyes

Ste

ETA: Heh. Whoops... I deleted my other post cuz I wanted to edit it. But now yours seems out of order/sequence. Hehe. Grin

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 December 14, 09:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This forum is insane. How on earth does my reply end up before the post it replies to?

We need some gremlin traps.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 December 14, 09:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was kinda wondering what you were thanking him for.  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: