More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 10:20:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grrrrr! Crash while going into lot,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grrrrr! Crash while going into lot,  (Read 3097 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Grrrrr! Crash while going into lot,
« on: 2006 December 08, 21:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting pretty damn tired of this happening. wether it's a maxis neighborhood, or a brand new one; at one point something goes wrong and the lots crash while loading. Once this has happen, the neighborhood falls apart and there is no hope. Doing legacy is totally pointless because happens randomly, and I've never made it to the fourth generation without BFBVFS occuring for no apparent reason.

There is no real pattern to it. The lot loaded perfectly fine when I dropped out of it to prevent a first birth syndrome. I try to go back in and it loads halfway, the music starts skipping and BAM, the damn game crashes. I go back into the game, go to the lot, try again, CRASH!

There is no obvious reason to why these lots just randomly corrupt.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Grrrrr! Crash while going into lot,
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 08, 22:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Which EPs do you have?
2) Will the lot open with SimPE?
3) Will the neighborhood open under SimPE's Neighborhood Manager?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 08, 22:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone using a cellphone? Not sure if cellphone-related crashes were ever entirely resolved.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 08, 22:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! There are sims using cellphones when I save sometimes. I'm pretty sure multiple sims were talking on the cell when I saved to switch to another lot.

Is the lot salvagable? Lemme check to see if I can open it in Simpe.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 08, 23:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims are using their cellphones on their own, such as due to Macrotastics Power Idle/AutoYak, what you will need to do is to remove the AutoYak from your game, and then reload and save that lot (and then put it back).

If your sims are using the regular cellphone "call sim" option, you will probably want to try the "cellphonerst" package available here. Put it in your game, load affected lot, save, exit, remove. Don't leave it in your game, this hack is intentionally nonfunctional and designed to deliberately break things to force a reset.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 08, 23:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking out autoyak did the trick. All lots are loading normally again...

I really wish I knew about this ten neighborhoods ago, but oh well. Ten generations will happen at last.

What exactly is happening when this is occuring? Does a offworld loiterer cause the lot file to spazz out, or does it cause some kind of memory leak that results in the crash?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 09, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Saving while on a cellphone will potentially cause lots to freak out on load, however. The only way to break this cycle is to "disrupt" the interaction and cause a reset. It's not actually specifically caused by the AutoYak, but if you save while your sim is using the AutoYak, yanking it out from under him will invalidate the action and force a reset.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: