More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:39:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a hack for Rich Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a hack for Rich Sims  (Read 7777 times)
Baron
Craigsters
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Is there a hack for Rich Sims
« on: 2006 December 07, 09:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there is a hack for Sims that are rich or know there Rich, so they wont have job wants or fears!..

thx Craig

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,
So let me live my life the way I want to - J.Hendrix
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Is there a hack for Rich Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 07, 13:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a hack, but there are custom careers floating around that are called 'self-employed' and 'happily un-employed' that you could give your sim. That way they don't get the job wants spam, even though they don't actually have a job. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 07, 15:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the money amount is that will satisfy the "marry a rich Sim" want?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 07, 15:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 07, 16:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Peasantry material, moved.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
shiniki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 07, 19:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was 50,000 for sims with no family relations/ties, and 500,000 for sims with family of some kind. There've been times when my sims got married and had more than 50,000 each but did not fulfill the "Marry a Rich Sim" want. Both came from families, not from CAS.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 07, 20:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims being moved from another family by default will only take 10% of the cash reserves, so a sim being moved without the rest of his family will only count as "rich" if that family has at least $500K in cash. Sims that move and bring their entire families need to bring only $50K networth. I actually have a little button on the lot debugger to ensure that sims marrying from one family into another get properly attached dowries without the corresponding memory spam, under shift-click "Special.../Marriage Split", which will split off that sim with 50K from the treasury(option not available if you don't HAVE 50K) into the lot bin, so you can plop them onto an empty lot and then continue the ceremony.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 11, 09:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims being moved from another family by default will only take 10% of the cash reserves,

Speaking of that 10%, i'm running into a wierd occurance.  When i have a sim move in by marriage, they bring in the proper 10% of their family's household cash, yet when i go back to their family's home, no cash has been taken away.  It's turning into free cash.  I have everything up to OFB.  At first i thought it had to do with that no20khandout but when i removed it, that was still happening.
   I've got several couples due to be married in the next round so i'll try without the Lot Debugger.  I also need to see if i'm getting the same problem via move-in option (which i rarely do with my playables).
   Anyone else having this glitch?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 12, 17:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of that 10%, i'm running into a wierd occurance.  When i have a sim move in by marriage, they bring in the proper 10% of their family's household cash, yet when i go back to their family's home, no cash has been taken away.  It's turning into free cash.  I have everything up to OFB.  At first i thought it had to do with that no20khandout but when i removed it, that was still happening.

It's not a glitch -- it's normal game behavior.  Been that way from the original TS2. The sim that moves out gets a magical gift of their portion of the household funds.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 12, 18:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never noticed that it was giving this money for free, but if it is, I will look into quashing that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 12, 20:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do look into that, maybe it would help to consult Jase's no lottery move in fix.  He updated it for Pets as well.  I also would prefer that households "lose" the money that a sim moving out takes with them.  There may be funky issues with this, especially regarding moving in/marrying sims across sub-neighborhoods, since you still have that problem where the game cannot "see" the full assets of a family that is in another sub-neighborhood.

Ste

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 13, 09:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have a little button on the lot debugger to ensure that sims marrying from one family into another get properly attached dowries without the corresponding memory spam, under shift-click "Special.../Marriage Split", which will split off that sim with 50K from the treasury(option not available if you don't HAVE 50K) into the lot bin, so you can plop them onto an empty lot and then continue the ceremony.
I can't find this option. Is it released yet?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 13, 09:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's in the shiftclick options. And you have to have 50K in cash.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 13, 21:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I moved out one of the Goth children who had gotten married and had a child, they took over half of the household money, and when I went back to the main house, they had definitely lost that amount, it wasn't a magical gift.  I was using no20k handouts too.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 13, 22:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'move-out' option is working fine for me.  Not sure where the break-point levels are for # of sims, i've had 7 in the lot, 1 moves out and takes 10%, then today i had a spare son move out, there were 5 on the lot before moving and he took 16% of the cash with him.   The exact % they take doesn't worry me.
   It's when i am playing a different lot, and a sim marries in a playable, then i go back to her family's lot and it was a magical gift.  I'm doing my best to keep cash from just appearing and those silly sims still find ways to create cash out of thin air.    Wink
   If something can be done about that darn 'die of old age in platinum' insurance policy, i'd be ecstatic.   Smiley   

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 23, 18:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do look into that, maybe it would help to consult Jase's no lottery move in fix.  He updated it for Pets as well.  I also would prefer that households "lose" the money that a sim moving out takes with them.  There may be funky issues with this, especially regarding moving in/marrying sims across sub-neighborhoods, since you still have that problem where the game cannot "see" the full assets of a family that is in another sub-neighborhood.

Ste

The GSC that adjusts assets on a remote lot is borked.  It's never worked.  You can read, but you cannot write except to the active lot.  Conceivably, you could stuff a token on one of the residents of the remote lot and have a controller which polls for the presence of said token and deducts the appropriate amount of cash from household funds when the lot is loaded.  Maybe I'll do that for version 3.0 Smiley  Or maybe Maxis can just fix the fracking bug.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: