More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:34:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Woohoo LTW Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Woohoo LTW Fix  (Read 106012 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Woohoo LTW Fix
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 09, 01:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Photobooths don't count as public unless it's not on a residential lot. Dorms may qualify as public, but this is uncertain. The photobooth normally has to be on a community lot to be public, even if the lot is deserted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 09, 03:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that new? I am sure that I have fulfilled public woohoo wants by having them use the photo booth on their own lot. But I don't remember doing it since Pets.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 09, 08:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. Sounds like a good change. Dorms count as public then I think, otherwise I can't explain my Sim's new spouse's memory.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 09, 09:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The photobooth counts as public woohoo on the home lot in my game, but the 'public woohoo with 3 different sims' want isn't fulfilled by using it at home. You have to travel to a community lot to get that specific want filled. I have had 'public woohoo with 3 different sims' and 'public woohoo' in my sims want panel at the same time and only the 'public woohoo' want was fulfilled even though it was the 3rd different sim he had woohooed with in the photobooth. I don't have Pets though.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 16, 02:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Dorms do not count as public. I recently played a sim that I bought a double bed in the dorm and he woohoo'd a couple of times, but no one reacted as if it were public. And no public woohoo memory.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 16, 17:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the very early days, I had woohoos on a community lot not count as public woohoo and vice versa.  I was playing a romance sim at the time and he put in a lot of effort while I tried to work out what counted as what.  I've assumed the whole thing was messed up from way back then.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 16, 23:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is, you'd have to woohoo with a different Sim each time to increase the count for "public" vs "total" woohoos.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 17, 23:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Dorms do not count as public. I recently played a sim that I bought a double bed in the dorm and he woohoo'd a couple of times, but no one reacted as if it were public. And no public woohoo memory.

That doesn't mean anything.  Woohoo in beds and hot tubs is never public, even if it's on the front lawn of a family restaurant on a community lot.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 23, 20:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two romance sims on a residential lot woohoo in the photo booth.  They had woohoo'd together before.  One had a want for public woohoo.  The other had a want for 3 public woohoos.  Neither had a memory for having public woohoo before with each other.  I had them woohoo in the photo booth at their home, and although others came running over, they neither one got a memory for it, but the one got their want satisfied for public woohoo.  The other didn't get satisfied for 3 public woohoos even though I had her woohoo with another sim right after that.  She only had one public woohoo memory, so therefore two more should have done it, but it didn't.  I didn't feel like loading up a community lot then.  But I figured it was borked also. 

As far as community lots go, only the photo booth and clothing booth count as public woohoo.  They can woohoo in a hot tub and that doesn't count.  I put a bed on the roof of a club, and that doesn't count as public either.  They will shoo everyone off before they proceed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 24, 01:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a bed in a courtyard on a community lot once, I thought that would count as public woohoo if nothing else did - but same as rainbow, my sims wouldn't perform.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 24, 21:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could *swear* that I once had Daniel Pleasant woohoo with Kaylin Langarak (sp?) in a community hot-tub and it fulfilled his public woohoo want, but that was with only the base game, and it was a very long time ago, so my memory could be faulty.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 24, 21:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seemed like I did that once before in the base game also, but somewhere between Uni and NL, they changed that, I think.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 25, 07:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember that being the case in the Base Game Prima Guide as well. I can check when I get home.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 January 25, 08:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Photobooths don't count as public unless it's not on a residential lot. Dorms may qualify as public, but this is uncertain. The photobooth normally has to be on a community lot to be public, even if the lot is deserted.

I could have sworn that photobooths counted as public... unless something changed again between OFB/FFS/GLS and zOMGPETZ? Huh But the past few days that I've been playing in dorms, my sims were not having public woohoo wants satisfied by photobooth woohoo at dorms.

I checked their memories, and I know that a few of them actually did have memories of public woohoo before... but now I can't remember if they were at comm lots or dorm lots. I suspect that they were comm lots, because I almost certain I have a vague recollection of being able to satisfy public woohoo wants at dorms using photo booths... but I very well could have just imagined that. Roll Eyes I'm pretty sure tho that it used to be possible, because for the most part, I didn't really make my sims go to comm lots much. It was often too much of an effort to go to a comm lot, and I only did so if I wanted to buy something or needed to meet some ss members or what not.

I recently posted in the ACR thread, because I was wondering if maybe it was only casual woohoo that wasn't generating public woohoo memories and/or satisfying public woohoo wants, but I just tried again last night, on a different dorm, and both regular And casual photobooth woohoo did not count as public woohoo.

I think that public woohoo should always count if done in a public place. I wonder why they changed hot tubs? I think that... regardless of object, whether it be a photobooth, hot tub, or car, it should count as public woohoo if done in public. duh. Tongue I guess dorms might be considered "private" - perhaps the code tests if the lot is "liveable" or what not. Even if the building is private, I would still think that doin it in a photo booth (or the living room couch) should be considered public. Especially if other people can run up to whistle and hoot and holler at you afterwards or sit right next to you while you're doin it. Grin

Ste

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 January 25, 12:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They changed hot tubs? when!? Dammit, that means the Lulu Lounge is no longer the perfect romance sim date place... I would always go there so they could dance like the other sim inevitably wants to, and there's enough toys to keep even a pleasure sim happy, plus the night would always end with hottub woohoo. But if it's not public anymore...

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 January 26, 01:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was never public.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 January 28, 11:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, then clearly I am not only less awesome than everyone else here, but suffering from early-onset alzheimers, as well >.>

INFP or something
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 January 29, 07:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, then clearly I am not only less awesome than everyone else here, but suffering from early-onset alzheimers, as well >.>

It's not just you.  I don't recall specifically that it was public, nor do I recall that it never was. *shrugs* I was just going by what other people have claimed, because I never really paid attention all that well, and I didn't really explore things with just the base game.  I think I barely had the base game installed when Uni came out pretty shortly thereafter.

Heck... I can't even remember now whether the public woohoo memories that my sim's have were from photobooths actually at comm lots or dorm lots... I could have sworn they were from dorm lots... but now I'm not so sure. Tongue

Ste

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 13, 03:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that the hottub on a community lot was sometimes public in base game.  My romance sim spent a lot of time trying to acquire public woohoo memories.  Now I may also be a victim of early Alzheimers too, but I played with base game only for a lot longer than most of you guys - right up til OFB came out in fact.  Something changing between EPs sounds convincing to me - maybe they fixed that "sometimes" to never rather than always.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 13, 11:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

goddamn EA fucking with my memory... first they say things in a chat that then they delete from the logs and claim never existed, now this...

INFP or something
lordtyger
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2017 April 04, 21:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoohoo in Elevators and Saunas if they are on a Community Lot count as Public Whoohoo
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2017 April 04, 22:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one should ignore the reaper, least of all a 60. You could be next!

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2017 April 06, 12:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strong first post. 1/10 would not read again.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: