More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:04:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition  (Read 351017 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lot Sync Timer: All BlueSoups Suck Edition
« Reply #325 on: 2007 December 08, 11:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How odd. I switched the string printing to DayLocal to save space. Will look at it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2007 December 08, 17:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried the latest version and it's fixed now - thanks!
Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2007 December 11, 00:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot swappage isn't available if you have OFB installed. Which it says in the first post.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2007 December 11, 06:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you turn on clickable neighbors and visible neighbors you can just click the lot you want and it will give you the option to start playing that lot. I can't remember which EP this came with, though.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: 2007 December 11, 12:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some weird problems with the Lot Sync Timer since I re-downloaded the DC the 9th. Trying to change the life expectancy on pets makes the game crash, and when I tried to skipday it errored, then skipped four days.

I are not happy cat.

I have a log from the skipday error, if The Awesome One wants it.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 11, 12:08:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2008 September 06, 12:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, OK, but necromancy is probably the least of my problems, so . . .

Is any attempt going to be made to make the lot sync timer work uniquely for each apartment in a block? Or are we stuck with time spent on each lot 'counting' in every apartment?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2008 September 06, 14:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what you mean by "time spent on each lot 'counting' in every apartment".  I have been using the synctimer since it was first released, and most of my lots are on day 203 now.  Just as an experiment, I went into one of my apartment lots, where I have two different playable families.  Both were on day 203 when I saved last time.  I went into apt A and bumped the counter up from 203 to 204, saved and exited back to the neighborhood.  Went back in to apt B.  It was still showing (correctly) its previous setting of day 203, and it also showed (correctly) that lot A was at day 204.  (Both synctimers are located inside the individual apts, not in common areas.)

As far as I can tell, everything is working fine in my game.  What specifically is the problem you're having?

Karen
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2008 September 06, 14:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trick is that you have to have a sync timer in each apartment, MM -- you can't have just one for the lot like you do for residential lots.  The fun part comes in trying to find a place to put it in the smaller apartments.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2008 September 06, 14:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.  I wish somebody would re-mesh the thing, maybe to make it small enough to place on a desktop?

Karen
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2008 September 07, 02:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, OK, but necromancy is probably the least of my problems, so . . .

Is any attempt going to be made to make the lot sync timer work uniquely for each apartment in a block? Or are we stuck with time spent on each lot 'counting' in every apartment?

Did you use any cheats to edit the apartment after they were occupied?

I have one apartment lot with three households where one of the sync timers (all 3 families have their timers on the balcony) stays visible all the time and keeps ticking on.  The timers on the other households on the lot are only visible when playing those households.

It only happens on this one lot, although I have several other apartments lots with multiple families.

This household with the always-visible, always-counting lotsync timer is unique, because it's the only lot where I used a cheat to edit the lot while the lot was occupied.  I'd already moved all the households out to edit the lot (twice), and it wasn't until after I'd put them all back in for the second time that I realised I'd forgotten to move one door.  Since I didn't feel like moving them all out for a third time, I just used a cheat to move the door.  Next time they come up in my rotation I'll move them all out again, and edit the lot.

Editing apartment lots is a pain.  To make changes stick and not have weird glitches (like seeing inside the other apartments or having lotsync timers counting when they shouldn't) I find I have to enter in build mode, rezone to res, save & exit, re-enter the lot, make the changes I want, rezone back to apartment, save & exit, then enter the lot for a third time to check the mailbox changed, save & exit - which is why I didn't want to move 3 households out and go through all this just to move one door.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2008 September 07, 06:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only just setting these apartments. What I am seeing is that the newly placed sync timer is taking its time from others placed on the lot (and, yes, I am placing one for every apartment and also placing them inside the apartments proper). These particular apartments haven't been editted (other than in non-cheatie permitted ways) since move-in.

I will go back and see if time progression is normal after the first day. From what you have said I am perceiving a problem where one does not persist (at least not after proper setup of the timer).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2008 September 07, 06:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This side effect has been noted. A fix will perhaps be available shortly, so that the clocks in other apartments don't fire.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2008 September 08, 12:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As well as the time being off (I just set mine back with the -days function so they were the same and after that they counted fine), the "list" feature isn't listing the other apartment lots for me. When in another household totally, they all list fine, but when playing the 2nd family in an apt, the first family isn't on the list.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2008 September 08, 13:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in another household totally, they all list fine, but when playing the 2nd family in an apt, the first family isn't on the list.
Yea, I noticed that one too, but I figured that's because both families have the same lot id, which is what the sync timer uses.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2008 September 10, 09:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that the version of the synctimer that's in the AL DC (dated 7/28/08) includes lot jumping.  Have the issues around that functionality (mentioned earlier in this thread) been resolved?  Is it safe to use lot-jumping in AL?  I admit it would be convenient, especially for moving between apartments on the same lot without having to go to the neighborhood screen in between....but there were so many issues with this function before, I'm just wondering if it's safe to use it now.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2008 September 10, 16:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not. That's a version detect error. It will be resolved in the next version, soon as I resolve the apartments issues.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2008 September 19, 16:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...for now, it's not recomended to try to use this in appartments?  I just downloaded it to use in a new neighbourhood, but many of my families will be living in apparmtnets in that hood, and I basically need it to keep track of where everyone is in the whole neighbourhood; if this won't work with apts, I might as well just keep track of everyone manually.   Undecided

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2008 September 19, 19:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version should be moar apartmentsafe and not stomp anything. Lemme know how it works out.

shalunyturns
Asinine Airhead

Anecdone!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009 January 08, 22:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soo... if I put this in all my playable lots, click install for each family, then use time warp to set the day of the week to 0 without fiddling with the time on the first lot I want to play (say its the Goth Family in Pleasantview which I presume is Lot #1), then use the maxis clickable neighbors function to switch to the next lot in the # order the lot sync timer puts the houses instead of using the lot sync timer version, plus never save the game without this hack being present in the downloads folder...this hack should run smoothly?Huh I really tried to read the whole thread to understand the issues and how it works BTW I don't have OFB but do has UNI, PETS, SSN, BV, FT, GLS, MGS.

F*** necromancy I need clarification please!

Marvin the Martian-"Oh goody! My illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator." Vivi Ornitier- "No more. I won't let you make any more instruments of murder!"
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009 May 06, 12:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been having a problem with the lot sync timer in the last couple of weeks.  I haven't been playing much, but last week I was playing a family and after several Sim days clicked on the lot sync timer to check when an event was coming up, and it said "Install for family."  It had been previously installed and the lot had been played several times before, so I figured this for a fluke.  I installed for family and it went to zero, so I reset it using the approximate day I thought it should be.

Today I entered that lot just to check the timer.  It was fine, so I exited the lot and went to the next family I wanted to play.  Checked the timer.  It was fine.  Played several Sim days, then wondered when the next event was coming up.  Checked lot sync timer -- "Install for family."  Installed, went to zero, reset manually to approx. day.

I'm not sure why this is happening.  These are houses, not apartments.  The only things I've installed in the last many weeks are updates to the Director's Cut.  The Sims are doing nothing out of the ordinary:  going to work, engaging in ACR, getting pregnant, going to school, going to community lots, going to hobby lots, skillinating, hobbinating, talking on the phone.

The neighborhood is only about 8 Sim days old.  I've got an event coming up on Day 11 and just started the next neighborhood round of play to bring everyone to Day 11.  There are about a dozen families.

Thanks for any insight.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
shastakiss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2015 November 10, 01:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I switched out the elixir mesh for the bg fern, more info here.

* synctimer.package (18.05 KB - downloaded 513 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: