More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:35:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Gender-reversed Pleasantview
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gender-reversed Pleasantview  (Read 42374 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Gender-reversed Pleasantview
« on: 2006 December 06, 14:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to re-play Pleasantview from scratch, but I was a little bored about the same old chaps, so I'm managing to revert the gender of all the characters; maybe I'm a bit idiot, but I find it amusing.
So far, I exported all of them with Alt Surgery by Theo, edited all SDSC in SimPE with "Treat as female/male" inverted; then I loaded the exported sims in BS and CAS and changed their gender, adjusted hair and stuff, then again Sim Surgery to apply modifications.

I've made a few tests and it seems to work; there's anything else I should do, or something terribly wrong I did, as far as you know?

EDIT: The final hood is in Peasantry: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=6843.0
« Last Edit: 2007 January 05, 05:40:38 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Gender-reversed Pleasantview
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 06, 16:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you're at it, see if their voices change accordingly to the gender, even if you leave the "Voice Type" field unchanged Wink
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 06, 19:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"She walks like a woman but talks like a man, oh my Lola...."

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 06, 19:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same idea once.  Mortimer would be Morticia, Don would be Donna, Brandi would be Brandon, blah blah blah.  Never got the urge to actually do it though.

I'm trying to get my current project off the ground at the moment anyway.  Which I've so cleverly dubbed "Genetic Pleasantview".  Here's hoping Alexander doesn't look nearly as hideous when he actually inherits some features from his momma.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 06, 20:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you're at it, see if their voices change accordingly to the gender, even if you leave the "Voice Type" field unchanged Wink

Yes they do! Changing their "treat as..." seems to affect the most of behaviours. Male voice (hex unchanged) became female; the romance sims' "sexy walk" don't works, though: a she-male romance walks normally, I suspect because it has a male body and the animations are not properly linked.
Till now, in my tests, Abiijet (reversed) was succesfully impregnated by Don Lothario (not yet reversed)... a bit creepy, I have to admit it Grin.

About sims' voices, some time ago I tried to figure out how they work; but I wasn't able to spot any consistency between the number (or range) and the resulting voice; the same voice can have very different numbers. So, I don't know. The only things I noticed were that the voice number is assigned (whatever the method is) in baby, and it doesn't change till death. However, if you clone a sim e.g. with christianlov's sims cloner, the voice isn't copied, and is a completely different number.
But now your suggestion tickles me, I'll go check if the number is changed through simsurgery cloning, and/or is different in the end between male and female sim.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 08, 12:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it worked!

EDIT: The final hood is in Peasantry: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=6843.0

It's the unloaded neighborhood (those which is in Programs/The Sims 2/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods) renumbered N020. The names are unchanged.
Known issues: thubnails have to be recreated, as they are the original ones. The drivers are the same (I forgot Tongue) and Sthephen Gothier hasn't the correct uniform (deliver).
About the voices, stupid me: of course they have the same hex, as I have done only a surgery, so charachters are the same.

I've left unchanged all NPCs which seems to be always of the same gender (i.e. nanny, repo men, social workers, headmasters)

Just to show:

Lucy Hanby and Pao Mellon on duty

Don Lothario, Dina Caliente and Darren Dreamer watch Nina and Cassandra fighting

Mortimer, Alexander and Cassandra

Lilith Pleasant plays darts with Marisa Bendett, while Dirk Dreamer is watching.

« Last Edit: 2007 January 05, 05:41:42 by Marhis » Logged

------
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 08, 17:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sweet merciful crap.  Why am I laughing my ass off at those pics when I should be thoroughly disturbed by them?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 09, 04:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for you Marhis: What happens to Brandy/Brandon's 3rd baby? Are you using the pregnancy for all genders hack?

Thanks for uploading, can't wait to try it.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 09, 05:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

won't they revert at age change?

Unsouper
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 09, 06:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sweet merciful crap.  Why am I laughing my ass off at those pics when I should be thoroughly disturbed by them?

I just can't get over Don in the dress. I mean, I see that and it looks like the guy is taking part in some drag queen contest.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 09, 10:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for you Marhis: What happens to Brandy/Brandon's 3rd baby? Are you using the pregnancy for all genders hack?

Just played a few minutes ago. I removed pregnancy for all genders  and all the hack which potentially could modify gender behaviours. Brandi male was yet pregnant of course, and went throug pregnancy with the male pink outfit. Camera event at birth was the usual for males, i.e. the alien one, except for the baby, which is not alien. The baby is female, and is indeed identical to original Brandi (aged her forward with hack to see).

won't they revert at age change?

It seems not; I've tried aging some of them with hacks forward, but it could be different. But now Dustin went to Uni and aged to YA correctly, retaining all the female stuff: hair, voice and dress random picked by system.
In an early test I made, in which I changed only gender behaviour in SimPE, but not the appereance at all (Age Data?), she-males had female voice, pregnancy and buy clothes chooser; male appereance window (male hair, beards, etc.) and plan outfit. Plus, the animations for "sexy walk" in romance sims seems absent, possibly because they were not correctly linked to body. Pity, I would like to see Abhijet walking toward Don like Nina does  Grin.

I must admit that I'm enjoying this stuff far more than I thougt at first; maybe Pescado should ban me from this forum for not acting more than 12, but playing this hood I can't stop laughing at all.  Cheesy

------
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 10, 03:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I was up til the wee hours of the morning playing the Broke family so I could see what happened when Brandi/Brandon went into labor and which sex the offspring would be. A little girl, yay! I did, however, have TJ's pregnancy for all genders hack in place. Beau is the only one that has aged so far in my game, from toddler to child and he retained all of his girlie-ness.

I must not be more then 12 either because I haven't enjoyed playing Pleasantview this much since the first time I popped the brand new TS2 disc into the computer.  Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 10, 06:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just can't get over Don in the dress. I mean, I see that and it looks like the guy is taking part in some drag queen contest.

Maybe it's just the hair and the dress, but he looks an awful lot like Bella there.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 10, 09:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you haven't seen Brandon Lillard yet  Grin

Anyway, I'm very happy seeing that I'm not alone enjoing this. Wink

A note: for some reason, while Nina shows the correct male sexy walk, Don doesn't walk sexy like female do, but s/he retains the male one. I'm curious to discover why.

------
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 10, 11:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you haven't seen Brandon Lillard yet  Grin
Yummy! Cheesy
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 14, 21:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, I downloaded this a few days ago and have had a lot of fun with it.  There had been no problems, just a lot of renaming and fixing townies with bald heads and/or default clothing. 

Just thought I'd share a couple of highlights.  Since Mortimer is now Morticia, I decided to age her back to adult when she married Dion Caliente:

I thought the moustache was a nice touch.  Wink

She looks a little better after a makeover.

Oh yeah, and some Risky Woohoo made the Dawn Lothario - Cassius Goth wedding a little more interesting since she is pregnant with Niels Caliente's baby.

Anyway, I just want to thank you for sharing this neighborhood.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 15, 13:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now try doing an all-male/all-female Pleasantview.  Wink

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 17, 20:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screenshots are great  Grin, I'm really glad to have somehow contributed to fun.
And, Dizzy... good idea, I think I'll do it as soon as I finish to fix actual pleasantview.

BTW, I'm fixing the flaws, right now (i.e. sims wearing maxis-only stuff, etc.); do you think it would be proper to put it in Peasantry? Not the zip itself, of course - it's huge, but a post with link to it and description. I don't know if there has to be some sort of approval, or else.

------
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 18, 01:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

go ahead, thats what Peasantry is for  Grin
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 18, 16:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when its all fixe'd n done n stuff im gonna grab this Smiley looks great mind Cheesy

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 18, 23:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PostedGrin

------
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 19, 14:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe, im grabbing this Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 29, 21:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is definitely an idea that I have to play with. I'm so glad someone who knew how to do it right came up with it first!
(and thanks for the upload - it's scheduled to be mine in 55 minutes  Grin )
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 30, 21:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was AWESOME, Marhis! Cheesy I just downloaded it and went in to give everyone a makeover and reset their icons.  Here is everyone!

Darren Dreamer turned out quite nicely, but then he was a pretty good-looking guy too.

Derrik Dreamer is very pretty and was very cute as a boy too.

Mary-Sue Pleasant doesn't look too different in my opinion.

Daniel Pleasant is very pretty as a woman, probably the prettiest of the bunch.  He was pretty good looking as a man too though.

Here is Angela Pleasant.  Eh, she's OK I suppose but boy do those Pleasant twins have HUGE noses! They really show up when they are boys!

Lilith Pleasant.  I thought it was funny that she came with facial hair!

Here is Don Lothario.  Pretty good-looking and he was as a man too.

Mortimer Goth.  He is one that I personally think looks better as a man...not too attractive here as a woman.

Cassandra Goth.  I don't think she is very attractive as either a man or a woman.

This is Alexander Goth.  Not too bad, but who knows what he'll look like when he grows up!

Dina Caliente.  I think she is the cuter of the two Caliente siblings as either a guy or a girl.

Here is Nina Caliente.  Eh, I'm not digging this one either.  She was prettier as a woman.

Dustin Broke.  Eh, he is OK but isn't too good-looking either way.

Brandi Broke and Beau.  I knew Brandi would make a cute guy since she is pretty as a woman.  Beau is just OK either way.

Dream

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 30, 22:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mortimer Goth.  He is one that I personally think looks better as a man...not too attractive here as a woman.

Lol, he looks like I visualized Cornelia!  Guess that apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: