More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:10:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Children of the Wolves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children of the Wolves  (Read 11611 times)
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Children of the Wolves
« on: 2006 December 04, 16:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My werewolf's son just aged to adult.  As usual after age transitions, I used the Debugger to check his IQ.  It was 700!  As a child and teen, it was 300 (normal for stuck smart milk).

Has anyone else bred a werewolf?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Children of the Wolves
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 04, 20:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool.

If you aren't just making this up, I'd like to see it tested.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 04, 22:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see a test too, but don't want to get spammed with more werewolf wants if I can help it.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 05, 01:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the guy with the 700 IQ actually display a faster learning ability than the normal or the 300 IQ? Does he gain skills at hyper speed or does it just display a high number and not really change anything? Just wondering if it's actually useful.

Be your own fish.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 05, 05:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it only happens as an adult, it's probably too late to matter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 05, 06:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly would be in my game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 05, 08:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim-spawn max out their skills before they even start school often, with 6 days to go before teen. Tongue I have the ultimate and most gruelling training program to date.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 05, 12:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the guy with the 700 IQ actually display a faster learning ability than the normal or the 300 IQ? Does he gain skills at hyper speed or does it just display a high number and not really change anything? Just wondering if it's actually useful.

He's fast.

My sim-spawn max out their skills before they even start school often, with 6 days to go before teen. Tongue I have the ultimate and most gruelling training program to date.

Meanie.  Wink  My simkids have lives, friends to make and parties to throw.  This one raised puppies for fun and profit.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 05, 13:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine have 6 days after they max out all their skills to do that in.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 05, 14:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHAT???  Shocked  You allow FUN??  I thought that was a dirty word in your vocabulary.  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 05, 14:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I just said I they had 6 days to do that in. I didn't say I actually did it. Tongue

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 06, 02:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the hell do you do that? Toddlers can only train 3 skills. You get the other four in about 2 days?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 06, 07:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How the hell do you do that? Toddlers can only train 3 skills. You get the other four in about 2 days?
Yes. It's the finest pinnacle of slave-driving. I typically max out Logic and/or Charisma using toddler-in-a-snapdragon room. Then, I try to age them up, so they complete their spin up just as 1800 hits, avoiding the "losing a day" effect, or delaying the ability to use the improved child rates (without shortening the toddler stage). Then I drill them on either the Lie Detector, the Punch Bag, the Obstacle Course, or the Cleaning Gun to max out one of those skills. Then as their energy runs out, I switch them over to the Medical Dummy or the cooking machine, since neither one has a motive abort or permits the sim to go to sleep during training, AND I put a radio in the room so they cannot pass out after they max out! Once they've maxed out that skill, I shove them in a coffin for the maximum energy recharge rate of 40 EPH, and when they are fully recharged, I skill them on one of the objects on the list before, before switching them to the no-sleep training again until they max that out and then pass out.

* J. M. Pescado cracks whip.

Mercy is for wimps.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 06, 09:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer my sims to have a life beyond skilling. Of course my toddlers usually spend a lot of time on the skilling toys, I never buy them any other toys.

Especially the rabbit head as kids can't use the mirror to build charisma so unless the family has earned the reward objects for charisma they won't have another opertunity to skillbuild charisma till teenhood.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 06, 09:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once they've maxed out that skill, I shove them in a coffin

Thanks for that - you just made my day (though unintentional of course)  Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 06, 10:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer my sims to have a life beyond skilling.
Skilling first. Life later. It doesn't take that long.

Kaliban
Blathering Buffoon

I have horrible grammar, and a french accent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 06, 10:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skilling first. Life later. It doesn't take that long.
The great majority of my sims, even those that have been around for a very long time, don't have max skills.
Never seen the point of skilling above what is required for work or by wants, but for the occasional "I don't know what to do today".
I like my sims to be imperfect and weak. And I like to see them trying to repair the TV set and scorch themselves.

Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 06, 14:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"No sleep training" is all well and good if you've got career rewards and snapdragons, I guess.  How do you do it with a kid in a new family?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 06, 14:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you go and *GET* those things first, BEFORE having kids, obviously.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 06, 14:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually skillinate one adult to max skills (sometimes ignoring cooking and cleaning), then build a servo, who will then have max skills at everyting, then the servo can earn career reward while the adult can focus on training a suitable mate.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 07, 07:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you go and *GET* those things first, BEFORE having kids, obviously.

What?  You don't mean to say that we should be able to afford/care/teach our spawn BEFORE we have them? 

Wink

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 07, 12:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be an interesting challenge, collecting all the career rewards before spawning.  My sims only need one to qualify for mating.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 07, 20:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that interesting unless you play without Uni.  One Uni grad with max skills can harvest the career rewards by taking each job as it comes up on the computer.

You could even move her from house to house around your whole neighbourhood, spending a few days at each lot to fill it up with career rewards.  It's so trivial that you may as well use the testing cheat without guilt.

With harderjobs, it takes a bit longer but even then, after permaplat it's just a waiting game.  I just let my sims go ahead and breed.  The career rewards will come.  Wink
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 08, 03:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I play such a different style of game!

First I alter lifespans to match the pregnancy standard--one day is equivalent to three months. I never use career rewards to speed up skilling, and with each transition until the young adult becomes an adult they lose the points they have gained--my toddlers are only allowed one point of the baby skills to carry over into childhood or half of what they earned, whichever is less; my children start their teens with no more than two (or less--same criteria apply); as soon as my teens reach college they lose exactly half of whatever they have earned; and my elders lose body skills based on their body type--fit lose two, average lose four, and fat lose six. When they're too tired (bored, hungry, dirty) to skill, they stop.

They cook real meals and families often sit down together. They breed whenever risky woohoo indicates, although occasionally I'll let them try for a baby--not often. They tend to maintain very high family relationship scores (as an example, Lilith and Angela are always best friends before they head off to college). They talk, play, snuggle, hug, laugh...and otherwise behave as much like people as I can contrive. It's fun!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 08, 04:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I considered trying to do a scaling mod for lifespan like that, but then realized that A: Sims would effectively live forever, and B: Everything would become more trivially easy than before.

Keep in mind that the number of effective "days" a sim lives is not just his listed lifespan in simdays, but ALSO multipled by the number of families in your game! If you have an estimated 10 families in your neighborhood, a 30 day lifespan becomes a 300 day lifespan.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: