More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:27:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness  (Read 156022 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
« Reply #75 on: 2008 March 24, 13:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm not crazy thinking the mascots and cheerleaders are more frequent now, huh.  Anyway, there are ways to control them -- TwoJeffs' visitor controller lets you ban them completely, and his stuffed cow head plaque is an amusing way to take care of the annoying cow. Smiley  You can find them over on the inteen site.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2008 March 24, 14:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*downloads this in the hopes that Pescado will win his fights moar regularly* I can't have him keep losing to my pussy ass husband. LOL
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 March 24, 22:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, jsalemi!  I knew about the visitor controller, but not about the stuffed cow plaque; talking about amusing... wouldn't it be more fun to be able to beat up the annoying Cheerleaders?  Wink
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 April 18, 19:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HCDU tells me that this conflicts with Crammyboy's NoForceWatchFight. I know that is not updated, but would like to use both if I can. Any idea about the nature of the conflict?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 April 19, 01:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Conflict would lie in the way the Fight Club handles fight watching. It should not affect the core aspect of the game, but the Fight Club is better.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 October 04, 01:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, never been a Necromacer before...

Anyway, I noticed this wasn't in the list of AL compatable hacks.  I would be very interested in having this mod in my game.  Any chance it will be updated/tested for AL compatablity?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 October 04, 04:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not? It seems to be working fine in my game! I mean, THE FIGHT CLUB, *NOT* updated? Are you on DRUGS?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 October 04, 06:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you on DRUGS?
I guess so?   Huh

Sorry, but since the hack did not appear to be on the AL list of hacks (maybe my drugs are messing up my eysight), I assumed it wasn't safe to install it with AL.  Glad to hear this is AL compatable; I'll download it and the zombie one as well.

Didn't mean to tick you off, but then again, I guess you generally walk around in a perma-ticked off state, so not much change there.  Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 October 04, 08:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like you're not THINKING. AWESOMELAND without MOAR FIGHT? INCONCEIVABLE!

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2008 October 04, 09:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the fight club updated to have impact on reputation? I would think winning fights would increase reputation. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 October 04, 10:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fighting does not directly influence reputation. In fact, I'm not really sure what does, since I've never seen a sim gain or lose reputation.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 October 04, 13:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fighting does not directly influence reputation. In fact, I'm not really sure what does, since I've never seen a sim gain or lose reputation.

My romance sim gained some reputation after seducing a couple other sims into the love-me phase.  But another sim lost reputation just from not talking to anyone.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's another of those silly draining stats.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 October 04, 14:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like you're not THINKING. AWESOMELAND without MOAR FIGHT? INCONCEIVABLE!

It's not in the AL directory or AL Director's Cut, fyi. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 October 04, 14:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see thefightclub.package both in the hack directory listing and in the Director's Cut. You need MOAR sight.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 October 04, 14:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not in the AL directory or AL Director's Cut, fyi. Smiley

It's the silly naming convention.  It's named The Fight Club, and, as Crash has said, it's thefightclub.package.  It's in there. 

But yeah, it threw me, too.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 October 04, 14:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yea, I was looking for 'fightclub'.  Nevermind....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 October 04, 17:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims gain reputation from nice interactions, on community lots but not only there  seems like it works if they are guests also, and for example a party gives a nice boost. I would imagien that pick a fight with people would give bad reputation, but WINNING should give a boost on the green side.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 October 04, 18:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made it apply to all lots, not just community lots, but the Butt still doesn't have a badrep from beating people up.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 October 05, 02:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there needs to be a hack for more efficient loss of reputation?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 October 05, 16:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one female sim gain reputation for chatting with the evil witch.  Having received her witchy powers, she returned home held a birthday party for her spawn, and cheated on her husband with a party guest.  MOAR FIGHT ensued and she pwnd her husband.  All this seems not to have had a negative effect on reputation.  On the other hand, her husband is not speaking to her, and the relationship is in the minus levels.  Presumeably, enough of that sort of thing, and reputation would fall.

Tribulatio proxima est
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 October 06, 08:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To me it seems that reputation gain/loss can only happen via interaction with the "social" townies (and maybe the new AL NPCs):

One of my sims lost a lot of rep by just poking one of the social townies on a community lot (though she annoyed him first). This happened in my test 'hood without clean AL template, so the community lots were overrun with those townies.

Another sim (in a 'hood *with* clean AL template) usually slaps and fights his way through community lots and has the best rep of all my playables without even trying. He's on good terms with one of the two social townies living in the vacant apartments on his apt lot. The sims he likes to beat up are playables or "normal" townies.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 October 06, 19:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rep gain and loss seems to only require a townie witness to the action.  It can even be as little witnessing as a townie doing a walkby on your lot.  I've had Sims going up in reputation while on a date with another playable (visiting) sim on their own home lots (which is theoretically impossible according to what the guide says). 

Best rep gains and losses can be gained by going to a community lot and picking a random townie you don't know and Auto-socializing them into friendly or enemy status.  Fighting, despite the fun and long drawn out animations, doesn't ultimately have that big of a relationship hit attached. 

I also suspect it's nerfed in social loss due to all the Cop/Burglar fights that happen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 October 06, 20:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code dissection: Rep gain/loss does not depend on the target being a social townie, but it DOES require that the action be "accepted", and without Awesomeware, must occur on a community lot. With negative actions, however, "accepted" or "rejected" is unclear.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 October 06, 21:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code dissection: Rep gain/loss does not depend on the target being a social townie, but it DOES require that the action be "accepted", and without Awesomeware, must occur on a community lot. With negative actions, however, "accepted" or "rejected" is unclear.

Can negative actions even be rejected?  The only way I know of is to manually queuestomp.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 October 06, 22:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading in the Prima guide that negative interactions could be rejected (the guide had stats on how much relationship was lost because of it).  I've never seen it happen in-game, though.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: