More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:10:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness  (Read 156025 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
« on: 2006 November 30, 17:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I coulda sworn we had a thread for this. FurryFox even remembers the title, and I didn't install that until after MATY. I wonder where it went? Oh, well. Here it is again, newer, shinier. Required for upcoming "Zombie Apocalypse" mod.

thefightclub.zip

The Fight Club (v1.2b) for TS2 - TS2PETS
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

CHANGES:
Makes fighting a more desirable option in the game, eliminating those bizarre
"phalanx defeats battleship" outcomes by making fight loops keep score and
accumulate advantages instead of simply having their outcomes ignored. Fighting
is now also more skill-based, with Mechanical and Logic skill playing small
roles alongside Body. Combat experience adds a bonus to the fighter's skill.
Grouchy sims will find fighting to be fun! The more grouchy the sim, the more
fun fighting is!

(Pets Only!) Werewolves no longer automatically win every "Savage" attack,
although they do receive a hefty battle bonus for being werewolves. Sims can
now avoid becoming a werewolf if they do not lose any of the combat rounds.
Losing any combat rounds will result in being bitten and becoming a werewolf,
even if they win the battle. (Not relevant without Pets)

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Experimental for pre-TS2NL.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 01, 19:26:47 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
Re: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 30, 21:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question about this hack. I'm wondering if this hack comes into play in this scenario, which happened in my game. Two sims get into a fight. One has above average body skill (the other is a mean dormie). The other has been in several fights, but has lost every fight. Does the one who has combat experience, even though she lost every fight she got into, still have an edge, because she's been in fights, or does fight experience only count if the sim has WON a fight in the past?

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 01, 00:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming that the changes only affect Pets, but only one version is being maintained for all EPs.  If that's correct, could someone fix the link in the OFB Hack Directory?  It points to a 0 KB zip file.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 01, 01:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am EXTREMELY interested in the zombie mod you mentioned. What does that entail? Or is it some surprise?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 01, 02:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question about this hack. I'm wondering if this hack comes into play in this scenario, which happened in my game. Two sims get into a fight. One has above average body skill (the other is a mean dormie). The other has been in several fights, but has lost every fight. Does the one who has combat experience, even though she lost every fight she got into, still have an edge, because she's been in fights, or does fight experience only count if the sim has WON a fight in the past?
Losing fights still grants combat experience, albeit not as good. Combat experience is applied as a percentile bonus to your base combat expertise, so if you have zero combat aptitude, all the combat experience in the world won't help.

I am EXTREMELY interested in the zombie mod you mentioned. What does that entail? Or is it some surprise?
Zombie Apocalypse causes zombies to start attacking other sims and trying to eat their brains. If they eat a sim's brain, that sim becomes a zombie.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 01, 02:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent idea. Now all I need is a zombie.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 01, 20:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombie Apocalypse causes zombies to start attacking other sims and trying to eat their brains. If they eat a sim's brain, that sim becomes a zombie.

Oh, oh, oh, I like that!!  Shocked  I was getting annoyed with my agonizingly slow zombies (who can never run, even if they have full active points), and I was going to kill them off again.  Now I have a reason to keep them around.

With reverse-zombie personalities (which means 10 nice personality points) but 10 body skill points, it will be interesting to see who they can beat up.  If necessary, I may have to reverse their personalities again...  Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 02, 13:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may find the outcome of all those zombies a little disturbing, since with a 10-body skill Uber-Zombie, a lot of sims are liable to become zombies. Tongue

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 02, 16:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude . . . when Zombie Apocalypse comes out, I may actually be tempted to play Pleasantview. ZOMBIE HORDES!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 02, 19:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombie Apocalypse would be a great accessory for Pinstar's Challenge also.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 02, 20:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may find the outcome of all those zombies a little disturbing, since with a 10-body skill Uber-Zombie, a lot of sims are liable to become zombies. Tongue

Ahh, but you underestimate my carefully bred sims.  About half of them are grouchy and all have just as many body skill points.  Since FightClub, I've made a practice of spending influence points on community lots.  Whenever I notice one of my nice playable sims crying like a baby over some townie bully, I send my controllable over to influence them to fight...  Grin  Thus, even my nice playable sims are slowly gathering a modest base of combat experience.

If FightClub is all it should be, mean sims should have an edge when body skill and combat experience are about even.  Yes?
I'm looking forward to seeing which grouchy townies will be dumb enough to pick a fight with the Uber-zombies.  Cheesy 

Does fitness matter in FightClub outcomes?  i.e. townies and NPCs with many body skill points may not be fit.  If so, I might have to get Fitness for All to even the scales a little.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 02, 21:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If FightClub is all it should be, mean sims should have an edge when body skill and combat experience are about even.  Yes?
Nope. Even is even. Mean sims are more likely to accrue combat experience but do not have any special advantage...although they *DO* enjoy fighting.

I'm looking forward to seeing which grouchy townies will be dumb enough to pick a fight with the Uber-zombies.  Cheesy
You know, zombies are pretty grouchy, too.

Does fitness matter in FightClub outcomes?  i.e. townies and NPCs with many body skill points may not be fit.  If so, I might have to get Fitness for All to even the scales a little.
Fitness doesn't inherently help. Being fat makes one more resistant to damage, so it balances out. Plus the Maxian fitness scale doesn't really make much sense: In the real world, one can be both fat and muscular, which makes you meaty and able to absorb a great deal of punishment.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 02, 22:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grouchiness doesn't matter?  I must be seeing the effect of more combat experience as you say, then.  So be it.  Time to influence more fighting for my playable sims!

Regular zombies are pretty grouchy, which is why I resurrected some of them a second time to reverse their personalities. Grin  Those zombies rarely initiate fights, though some were grouchy townies in their first life so they have considerable combat experience.  I rather like the idea that mean townies who are stupid enough to pick on one of the pansy zombies will face consequences under Zombie Apocalypse.  Tongue

I recently got an interesting pop-up after what seemed like a long fight (3 sim hours?).  Something to the effect of, "I can see you're not a Sim to trifled with!  Let me gather what's left of my pride and stay out of your way."  Does this really mean that the losing sim will no longer come over to tip the trash can, even though he's now in a fury?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 02, 22:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that has something to do with romantic rivals, I'm not actually sure how that actually works as sims don't flirt on their own unless you have ACR so whatever....
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 04, 11:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]

WEE! Sounds good to me Cheesy Cant wait for that one Smiley That will be time to make some zombies and have them actually be entertaining instead of irritating Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 04, 16:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am eagerly waiting in anticipation of this zombie apocalypse mod. This is totally awesome and I'm glad you thought of it. Grin But... since I don't know if I want my town overrun with zombies... will we get an equally awesome mod and/or hacked object like say... a trusty ol' shotgun to blowup fat headed zombies? Maybe you could adapt the Bluesoup head 'splodie thing you have, and make it more generic, but for zombies, and it just kills them, with maybe a custom death type and/or memory. Death by shotgun. Sims should also be able to mistakenly shotgun other sims.

Bart: Dad! you just killed zombie flanders!
Homer: He was a zombie?

Grin Sims should also be able to commit suicide and shotgun themselves in case they ever get holed up and are the only surivor left and they are surrounded by zombies with no hope and no means of escape. Wink

Ste

ETA: VampCat has a semi working gun here. Maybe you can do something similar if someone would be willing to supply a good shotgun mesh. Grin

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 04, 17:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really, really want the zombie apocalypse mod.
Bart: Dad! you just killed zombie flanders!
Homer: He was a zombie?

* Emma giggles

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 04, 23:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: VampCat has a semi working gun here. Maybe you can do something similar if someone would be willing to supply a good shotgun mesh. Grin

Paladin has a working assault rifle over on simwardrobe. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 05, 05:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I've downloaded all of his shooters and various other hacked objects. I haven't used them yet... have you tried any of the shooters? What kind of death memory do the sims get? Shotgun is the best kind of weapon to use against zombies... so I'd still prefer that, with 'splodie heads too. That would be totally awesome. Cheesy I'd also wish someone would come up with a nice stake hack for vamps. Then I could role play some Buffy scenarios... heheh. I think Shaklin has a stake related type hack... but I think the animation looked weird, at least in the pictures. Maybe I'll go redownload a bunch of her stuff again and test it out someday.

Ste

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 05, 15:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I've downloaded all of his shooters and various other hacked objects. I haven't used them yet... have you tried any of the shooters? What kind of death memory do the sims get? Shotgun is the best kind of weapon to use against zombies... so I'd still prefer that, with 'splodie heads too. That would be totally awesome. Cheesy I'd also wish someone would come up with a nice stake hack for vamps. Then I could role play some Buffy scenarios... heheh. I think Shaklin has a stake related type hack... but I think the animation looked weird, at least in the pictures. Maybe I'll go redownload a bunch of her stuff again and test it out someday.

Ste

The animation was odd, but boy was it worth it. I turned Riley into a vampire and had Angel stake him, which is what I always wanted to happen in season 4. Stupid Riley.

I'm not a nerd or anything.  Tongue
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 05, 17:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I've downloaded all of his shooters and various other hacked objects. I haven't used them yet... have you tried any of the shooters? What kind of death memory do the sims get?

Don't know -- I haven't used them, just noticed them over on Paladin's site.  I'm keeping a kinda gun-free game out of personal preference.  I don't like the idea of my sims killing one another -- only I'm allowed to do that (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
VampLena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 21, 05:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Vampires get special fight bonuses? afterall.. Vampires are awesome fighters.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 21, 08:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Vampires get special fight bonuses? afterall.. Vampires are awesome fighters.
Yes, vampires have a combat bonus.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 22, 00:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh. no.

One of my pre-existing zombies is a vampire with 10 body skill points.

Well, at least there's an up-side now to the annoyance of keeping him alive.  Cheesy
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 25, 11:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this new sword mod at
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215543

Not only does the item allow for fake duels, but it also allows one Sim to kill the other Sim. Unfortunately, with the "kill Sim" interaction, the outcome of the duel is decided in advance and has nothing to do with the skills of the participants.

So I got to thinking, why can't we have a "harder" fight club available? One in which one Sim can actually kill the other at the end of the fight if certain conditions are met such as this is the nth time that Sim won a fight against the loser, or if the loss was a total loss where they lost all of the rounds in the fight or some other criteria.

Think of the bonus when the winner fulfills their want of seeing the ghost of their enemy. Instead of Big Man on Campus we could now have Neighborhood Bully. Sims everywhere will start working on their fighting skills to avoid his/her wrath. Survival of the fittest will take on a whole new meaning. Some Sims may even be able to take out a few zombies and have a small chance of saving the world from apocalypse.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: