More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 01:23:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness  (Read 156889 times)
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The Fight Club: Now With More Shinyness
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 12, 07:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a dead link for the zip in your top post. Just to make this clearer for my zombie brain, is there any advantage to having this version over the older OFB version if 1) one doesn't have Pets 2) one doesn't have/want/like dumb zombies Huh

Max
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 03, 18:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grouchy sims will find fighting to be fun! The more grouchy the sim, the more
fun fighting is!

My Sims love to fight. It seems to be one of their favorite hobbies lately. But since the sides are often pretty evenly matched, most fights go on for hours.

Some Sims, seeing the fight, will run to another room, while others cheer the fight on. After the fight is over, the cheering Sims usually have very low fun motives. They sure looked like they were having fun watching the fight. Is there no way to raise their fun and perhaps social motives from watching? The last fight lasted around 5 hours before they stopped to go to class. The fight fans should receive some type of bonus for using up this many hours.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 04, 08:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims love to fight. It seems to be one of their favorite hobbies lately. But since the sides are often pretty evenly matched, most fights go on for hours.

Some Sims, seeing the fight, will run to another room, while others cheer the fight on. After the fight is over, the cheering Sims usually have very low fun motives. They sure looked like they were having fun watching the fight. Is there no way to raise their fun and perhaps social motives from watching? The last fight lasted around 5 hours before they stopped to go to class. The fight fans should receive some type of bonus for using up this many hours.
Watching the fight will be made more fun soon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 06, 09:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible for watching Sims to tip the winner of a fight (for example, if they were entertained or was against someone they hated)?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 06, 12:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fight Club with Gambling!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 06, 22:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, question. Does this play nicely with Crammy's Less Autonomous Fighting?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 08, 08:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using this for a few weeks now and I have feedback.

I am wondering if the endless dormie fighting day in and day out is a feature or bug.  Everything seems to work with perfect transparency save for this.  Incidents of dormie fighting seem to go on almost constantly, and nowhere else does this happen with such regularity.  It is always the same story:  First some sorry, dormie goober-sim tries to admire another sim who is too grumpy to accept a compliment.  Then comes the poking, then the shoving, maybe some slapping, and then finally, the inevitable fight.  Over and over this happens until every dormie is enemies with every other one, I'm certain, I just can't keep up with them all.  Also, at least one fight was over as soon as the cloud appeared and one other went on for what seemed like forever, I'd say 8 sim-hours plus or minus.  Everything seems to be otherwise working fine, it is just working fine all of the time, in the dorms.

It seems like someone else here hinted at this before, but I thought I would add my input as well.  It's not a serious issue, I don't believe, but the contrast between the fighting activity at the dorms and the overall incidence of fighting in all other parts of the game is like night and day.  It could always be just my game, which is apparently horribly corrupt beyond all repair yet continues to function in spite of the ever-present lurking fiery doom.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 08, 14:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is common in dorms. The longer you play a dorm with the same NPC's, the more likely it it. If you have the same dormies for eons, they develop love/hate relationships. I had the same thing occuring at one dorm that I've played for ages. I solved it by offing the one of the offending parties. *thank you hottub of doom*

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 08, 22:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies hating each other is basically a side effect of the fact that sims don't know how to pick appropriate actions to new people, so will tend to pick actions that piss someone off, particularly with very low or very high values of niceness (either through being rude or through unwanted affection), and once the initial tone of the relationship is set, things snowball from there. With sims, first impressions are forever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 31, 01:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love this hack!  I never used to let my sims fight, but now there's nothing like watching my hick werewolf sims duke it out with each other Cheesy  It would be great if it were possible for sims to start a fight without hating each other, that would make it more of a sport.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 June 01, 16:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For as long as I can remember, I've had 'No Force Watch Fight' in my game to allow for canceling of fight watching for those Sims who had pressing needs.

Recently I noticed that it showed up as a conflict with The Fight Club, so I assumed that you added the ability and removed the other from the game.

When I see a Sim watching a fight that needs interrupted, I first give them a command, then cancel the 'watch fight' interaction so they will move on to the new command rather than get caught up in watching the fight again.

But since I removed the redundant mod I have to keep giving them commands 2-3 times before they will stop watching and move on. The command after 'watch fight' keeps dropping out of queue. They will briefly stop watching the fight, take a few steps, then the command drops from the queue and they start watching the fight again.

Oh, and I love the fun increase that fight fans receive now!

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 June 01, 18:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tweak was made so it only drops the first command, rather than stomping the entire queue (Including Power Idle). If you want them never to stop and watch the fight, leave that one in.

Sibling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 June 08, 08:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this hack but I think it might be messing with the burglar scenario. I don't get memories of being burgulated anymore or rewards when the culprits get captured by the police. Anyone more awesome then me notice this?

PS: I'm only using awesome hacks
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 June 08, 08:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories of burgelation are not affected by this, as the Fight Club does not influence burgelation. However, I think you only get a burglar memory the first time.

Sibling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 June 08, 09:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to be only happening to me so it must be something extremely non-awesome that I'm doing... I suspect shoddy house design. Appreciate the response.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 09, 00:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not just you.  I also never get the memory or fury or any relationship with the burglar.  It's happened a couple of times (different lots, one in the main 'hood, and one in the uni sub-hood).

Unfortunately, I have nothing useful to report about it.  I only have Awesome hacks, but this issue hasn't bothered me enough to track down the culprit.  It's possible that the problem is rare because I only have up to Pets, or 'cause I play on a mac.

Like I said, not too useful.  Embarrassed
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Fight Club bug
« Reply #66 on: 2007 November 10, 00:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow,obviously you have "TheSims2 contre strike Edition" Smiley
Why do you think that bug linked to Pescado's thefightclub?
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 November 10, 01:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the fight club bases your chances of winning a fight on several factors, including body skill and fighting experience (affected by how many fights you've won and lost), as opposed to the EAxis fights, which are sadorandom but partially affected by body skill?
and just wanted to let you know even tho many people dont tell you often your work is very very much appreciated!! Cheesy Cheesy
Actually, a lot of people make THANKS THIS IS GREAT posts instead of using the convenient button. It's just that most users never see them because the posts get deleted for clogging up feedback queues.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 November 10, 01:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course I know about fightclub features,but intersting to know if this bug exist without fightclub installed.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 November 10, 11:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like an overflow issue.  I think other people had the same problem, I've heard about it before, but don't know of any fix.
Doesn't the hack have a thread to report issues in?
Edit: Yes it does: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6641.0.html

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 November 11, 12:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you report it in the correct thread Pescado might look at it!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 November 11, 13:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I corrected this overflow bug. I will look at it again, but damn, man. 500 fights? And I thought MY game was violent.

Anyway, try again. Although I thought I added a ton of overflow checks already.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 11, 17:19:30 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 November 29, 01:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try looking at it again. Did you keep an exact count of the number of fights at which this occurs?

dontbenosey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 December 16, 13:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i will have a look now and find the exact point where the fights all turn negative.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 March 24, 09:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are reports that with FT there are a greater number of annoying Mascots running around harassing sims in the Uni Hoods... with no option/way to get back at them; is there any way this can be made More Shiny to take care of that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: