More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:05:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix (Updated 3/15/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix (Updated 3/15/2008)  (Read 19310 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix (Updated 3/15/2008)
« on: 2005 December 24, 07:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix v1.03 for TS2FT v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

This hack fixes a minor bug in the Goofy dancing that Sims do in Nightlife when they have low dancing skill. What happens is, while sims are doing this "Goofy dance" they Gain Social instead of social decaying. This is very ridiculous, especially when sims are dancing by themselves/Solo. Tongue

NOTE: This DOES NOT affect the Smustle.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
:!!: Nightlife at least, or later.

I have tested this in my game and it appears to work fine.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

:!!: REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

:!!: HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related dancing
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

nectere and Emma for over at MATY for bringing this to my attention. J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

Version History:
v1.01 - updated for Pets
v1.02 - updated for Seasons
v1.03 - updated for Free Time

* dancegoofysocialmotivefix.zip (2.21 KB - downloaded 961 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 15, 23:38:12 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 24, 08:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have never seen the goofy dance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 24, 09:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* syberspunk shrugs.

This occurs when your sims Do NOT have enough dancing skill. Start out with a fresh install of Pleasantview.

If you go into Don Lothario's house, you can see right off the bat, this stupid Goofy dance. Even better, if you go into the Pleasant Household, this happens with Mary-Sue and Lilith Pleasant. Have them turn on the Stereo and dance immediately. You can compare their dancing to Daniel and Angela, who apparently both start out with higher dancing skill.

If a sim has very low dancing skill, they do this Goofy looking dance, where they spin around on one heel, shaking their butts in a "Goofy" and awkward kind of way, and sometimes when they spin, they will wobble and fall down. They still build dancing skills while they do this. After a while, if they stop by themselves and start again, or if you stop them manually and have them start again, their dancing will usually revert to "normal" dancing, as it looked before NL.

If you don't believe me, take a look at the code. Wink There are tests for Goofy dancing in the Stereoglobals, Musicglobals, and Carglobals.

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 31, 09:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yayness! Grin Thanks so much! *runs off clutching shiny new hack*

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix (Updated 10/20/2006)
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 20, 22:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets compatible version available. The social gain bug is still there. If you have pets, you should use this version even tho the older version still appears to work. There is additional Pet related code. I'm not sure yet what it does, but if you use the older version, you probably lose some pet related functionality.

Ste

Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 02:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sidles in*  I thought it was called the Funky Llama...
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 21, 14:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and here I was thinking this would be one of those silly things that would've been fixed in a patch somewhere but nnnNnNnnoooooo. So glad it's still here. Thankyas.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 01, 04:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something quite hilarious - I'd never seen this goofy dance and then at one of my sim's wedding party, some townie whom I invited started doing this and then Nina Caliente (whom I've seen dance properly when I played her lot) went up to him, pointed her finger, laughed and then began to IMITATE him!  He still fell on his ass several times when he'd try to do that spin thing, but Nina didn't. 

In this case, I don't think the motives should be decayed for Nina...and come to think of it, haven't you ever known people who can't dance to save their lives, but either think they can or really don't care if they can and STILL have the time of their lives?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 01, 06:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sure, their fun meter might go up... but I don't think it should necessarily increase your social meter.  I suppose, only if there were other people in the room that were actually interacting with you.  But I don't think that's a fairly simple thing to detect.  At least, not for me.  I wouldn't want to waste cycles on trying to iterate through sims to find ones that are in the same room with you And also laughing at you.  In order for it to be done somewhat accurately, I would have to do this per dance cycle, checking to make sure people are still there laughing or in the same room.  Sims will probably have moved on by then, and it would just icky and messy having to stop and start social decay/increase.

Anyhew... according to my hack scan, something changed, so if you have Seasons, use this hack with caution.  You may have unexpected results (jump bugs or what not).

Ste

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 03, 08:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Ste, I didn't mean to suggest you change anything and complicate your life- I just found that situation amusing which led me to think dancing is one of those things that's not necessarily in the eye of the beholder - unless you're a professional or competitor - and even if you're a dork and can't dance, you still could have fun and positive social interactions.  What's not realistic, I guess, is your peers pointing and laughing at you.  But I guess you're right, if someone points and laughs at you (for anything you do, not just dancing like a dork) then your social would go down if you're sensitive to what people think of you.

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Dance Goofy Social Motive Decay Fix (Updated 3/8/2007)
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 09, 06:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated for Seasons.  Also, I have consolidated the hack versions into one, so it can be usable in any combo of EPs from NL and up i.e. if you have at least NL, or any of the later EPs, it should theoretically work in all possible combos.  If you only have Uni or older, you shouldn't need this hack.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: