More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:02:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A hack to disable "move lot to bin" button?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A hack to disable "move lot to bin" button?  (Read 5832 times)
humblesupplicant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A hack to disable "move lot to bin" button?
« on: 2005 September 20, 02:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or at least disable moving inhabited lots and houses?
Or a hack that increases the size of the warning dialog to fill my screen and adds screaming?

Because I am a fat-thumbed moron I have, more than once, sent an inhabited lot to the lot bin when I intended to just move them out. I did this today in a brand new neighborhood and created 20 new members of the Unknown family according to SimPe (Yeah, because I moved them back because I didn't want to lose them, because I didn't think about recreating them via Sim Surgery, because I wouldn't've bothered anyway, because 20 trash files in a brand new neighborhood isn't that bad. Get off my back!)

Final question: Is it perfectly safe to delete these files if I don't mind losing handfuls of met "so-and-so" memories for Sims they will be meeting again anyway? Or can this still screw up my game somehow?

Thanks much.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: A hack to disable "move lot to bin" button?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 20, 03:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

LOL, I gotta chime in, not because I can help you, but just to observe that this board attracts the best message board participants of any online board I've run across...and I'm a message boarder from way back.

Do you think the "rip your lips off" threat scares off the ijuits?  Do you think people make their posts extra shiny in the face of such awesomeness?   Do you think Pescado enjoys the crowd he's attracted or would much rather throw lighter fluid on the whole bunch and be done with it?

(Of course, I have a Stupid Hardware Question that I am too intimidated to ask because the other children will point and laugh.....maybe next month, excuse me while I do a hard reboot)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
humblesupplicant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 20, 04:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think the "rip your lips off" threat scares off the ijuits?  Do you think people make their posts extra shiny in the face of such awesomeness?   Do you think Pescado enjoys the crowd he's attracted or would much rather throw lighter fluid on the whole bunch and be done with it?

I would be honored if master burns us, I shall flog myself in anticipation of my burning!  Wink

I believe my posts at the official site were sufficiently shiny, but if I've lurked around enough to know that self-directed insults = extra shiny
Michael_the_choirboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 20, 05:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only been putting hacks back in slowly, myself, as a *neeeed* them, and so far that's only been no20k, abortbedmaking, and coffeecup, which, as I see here, are said to work. (I haven't had any problems either.)
I've heard someone else say, however, that college clock tends to mess up the whole move graves thing.  I've never used the college clock myself, and I'm not inclined to test - but someone may want to double check that. ;-)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 20, 09:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the college clock in my game and I've been able to move graves no problem.  I moved them from several different lots and they're now all happily resting in the Downtown cemetery.  Not sure what has to be done to get them to become active, though.  Apparently they are "much happier" there - they must be, there was a wild party going on there last night and various Romance Sims slapping each other silly, but no reaction from the sleeping ghosties.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 20, 09:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a hack that increases the size of the warning dialog to fill my screen and adds screaming?

Because I am a fat-thumbed moron I have, more than once, sent an inhabited lot to the lot bin when I intended to just move them out. I did this today in a brand new neighborhood and created 20 new members of the Unknown family according to SimPe (Yeah, because I moved them back because I didn't want to lose them, because I didn't think about recreating them via Sim Surgery, because I wouldn't've bothered anyway, because 20 trash files in a brand new neighborhood isn't that bad. Get off my back!)

Final question: Is it perfectly safe to delete these files if I don't mind losing handfuls of met "so-and-so" memories for Sims they will be meeting again anyway? Or can this still screw up my game somehow?

Thanks much.

If I understand this correctly, those sims HAVE interacted with other sims? If not, it's bad. If they did, it's DOUBLE bad! In either case, my answer would be NO! The safe approach would be to open up each character with SimPE (which still doesn't work with NL?), delete all their memories, INCLUDING the memories regarding that particular sim other sims have, and their relations with all other sims (this is where interaction comes to play), then it'd be safe to delete them.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 16:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I am a fat-thumbed moron I have, more than once, sent an inhabited lot to the lot bin when I intended to just move them out.

Oh my God that made me laugh so hard. I can really relate to the "fat thumb" issue. I had a group outing with 7 sims: a father, 3 of his grown sons, and their wives. The father kept gagging at one of the wives, so I thought I'd have him "check sim out" to find out what he was so disgusted by (I now know that they have zero chemistry and he, for some reason, can't stomach even looking at her.And she's really cute, too!). Well, "check sim out" is found under the flirt option, but I don't remember it getting a jealous response before, so I decided it was safe. Only that option wasn't there; the only flirt option was "wolf whistle" where the check out option normally is located. I clicked it as I was realizing this, and I had zero time to cancel it out before the husband came over and slapped the crap out of him. The rest of the night everyone took turns beating the wife up. Nice. I had to put everyone on "power idle" or stick them in the spinning orb thingy just to stop the fighting so the father could repair all his relationships with his sons and the other two daughters-in-law. Haven't begun repairing the attacked daughter-in-law's relationship with anyone other than her husband. They all have -100 daily scores with her, now.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 16:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand this correctly, those sims HAVE interacted with other sims? If not, it's bad. If they did, it's DOUBLE bad! In either case, my answer would be NO! The safe approach would be to open up each character with SimPE (which still doesn't work with NL?), delete all their memories, INCLUDING the memories regarding that particular sim other sims have, and their relations with all other sims (this is where interaction comes to play), then it'd be safe to delete them.

It works now. There is a new verssion up that is Nightlife aware.
humblesupplicant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 16:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So delete the active characters' memories relating to unknown characters, then delete the unknown characters' files. Makes sense. Thanks, I appreciate the info. But wait, delete all memories? Even mystery sim and move-in memories? Not a problem, I just want to be clear.

I'm holding off on NL so SimPe still works for me.
humblesupplicant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 20, 16:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God that made me laugh so hard. I can really relate to the "fat thumb" issue. I had a group outing with 7 sims: a father, 3 of his grown sons, and their wives. The father kept gagging at one of the wives, so I thought I'd have him "check sim out" to find out what he was so disgusted by (I now know that they have zero chemistry and he, for some reason, can't stomach even looking at her.And she's really cute, too!). Well, "check sim out" is found under the flirt option, but I don't remember it getting a jealous response before, so I decided it was safe. Only that option wasn't there; the only flirt option was "wolf whistle" where the check out option normally is located. I clicked it as I was realizing this, and I had zero time to cancel it out before the husband came over and slapped the crap out of him. The rest of the night everyone took turns beating the wife up. Nice. I had to put everyone on "power idle" or stick them in the spinning orb thingy just to stop the fighting so the father could repair all his relationships with his sons and the other two daughters-in-law. Haven't begun repairing the attacked daughter-in-law's relationship with anyone other than her husband. They all have -100 daily scores with her, now.

Bah! I'm jealous. It sounds like all the anger and violence in the new EP is going to be one of my favorite features. But of course I'm being stubborn and waiting for the EA/Maxis patch.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 20, 21:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a fun feature of the game. It's funny how my sims that used to consistently have 100/100 relationships with each other keep losing points with each other, now.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 21, 11:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So delete the active characters' memories relating to unknown characters, then delete the unknown characters' files. Makes sense. Thanks, I appreciate the info. But wait, delete all memories? Even mystery sim and move-in memories? Not a problem, I just want to be clear.

I'm holding off on NL so SimPe still works for me.

Better safe than sorry, right? Just wipe them memories clean. Uh...wait a sec. "Unknown" characters? Nonono. If your sim has interacted with another sim, that sim's name should NOT show up as Unknown in SimPE! And you don't delete that character's file, only the memories!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: