More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:26:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who the heck doesn't skip class for a date?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who the heck doesn't skip class for a date?  (Read 7194 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Who the heck doesn't skip class for a date?
« on: 2006 November 28, 03:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My YA Sims, apparently. I'd just gotten the date started, was about to send one of them over to the phone to call for a taxi, and whoops, he has class in one hour. So I was going to cancel the "go to class" action and let them continue dating, but nooooo. It automatically canceled the date.

Is there a hack to fix this? (I have Uni, NL, and OFB. Hope to get You Know What EP soon... cats <3)
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Who the heck doesn't skip class for a date?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 28, 05:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember seeing a mod on MST2 to make your dormies never go to class ever, but that may be too much cheating for some people.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 28, 06:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't a dormie. The "go to class" action kills the date immediately upon execution in the queue. Why did you choose it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 28, 12:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the "Go to class" interaction autonomous?
I even remember some people complaining that their sims stopped the auto go to class, but that was due to a bug.

Anyway, the subject makes sense, and it would be a nice feature for the Uni game.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 28, 14:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YA's don't rush off the class autonomously if Free Will is off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 28, 14:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never skipped class for a date, but I did for WooHoo.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 28, 14:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never have young adults go on dates. If they're romance sims; they just woohoo EVERYONE in the dorm.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 28, 21:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where dates really shine is for the absolute aspiration bonanza they set you off on, and possibly to sell off your reward for a good date.  Having many predictable, easily fufillable wants lined up all in a row makes them far more efficient than most other forms of aspiration fufilling.

And although this is a place where EA's design actually avoided a major flaw (trust me, you don't want a date to continue when your sim is out of play), it suffers from a misplaced sanity check; date cancelation should happen when your sim disappears, not when the autonomous action pops up.  At least in this specific case there's a workaround, and if things were going OK you can just restart without too much trouble.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 02, 01:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the go to class action is autonomous.

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if I'd had chance to get the date above "okay" level. XD
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 06, 23:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the main reason I don't do dates for my YAs - Go to Class should not cancle the date automatically - you should have the choice especially if their class bar is already full & you wouldn't send them to class anyway.

It seems like there should be some way to modify this action - it doesn't automatically cancel other actions - it just sits in the queue. There should be some way to modify this so the icon just gets queued rather than automatically cancelling the date.

If you take them off campus it does not happen, but dates on campus result in ending the date - frustrating if you are 1 interaction from getting the perfect date score! Not sure what to do about it cancelling between the time you arrange the date & the date actually starting, though. Which obviously gives you a bad date score :/
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 07, 12:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never encountered this problem.  But all of my dates happen in Downtown mostly.  Never inside a dorm or on a uni community lot.

Which begs the question:  Why would you want to have a date in a smelly dorm or uni community lot?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 07, 20:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because there's so much extra time at Uni, why in Bob's name would I want to stop the clock?! Shocked  It pains me to think of how many times I've had a sim with full grade meters who must wait until after his class has begun so his date won't get clobbered, only to find that she's now at work.

Besides, most of my sims pledge to generations-old greek houses which are far more luxe than the houses they will have to live in once they graduate.  Tongue

It's true that I can use any one of several very good hacks to manipulate time, and other hacks to fix jealousy if privacy is necessary for the date, but I wouldn't need all this overhead if classes didn't clobber dates and outings to begin with.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 08, 09:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop turning on free will. Why are you even turning that on at all, especially during dates?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 08, 12:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly!  If free will is off, the go to class action doesn't obnoxiously insert itself into the queue cancelling the date.

And stuff the extra time!  Get the college clock or the college adjustor and send them to their exams as soon as you want!
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 08, 20:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To free will or not to free will?  Smiley

My sims at Uni rarely live alone.  Those generations-old greek houses are full of the spawn of, well... generations.  This means that not all of them have full grade meters at exactly the same time.  Depending on aspiration, they fill their meters in their own fashion at their own rate.  Some sims need almost the whole 3 days, some don't.

And some overachieving sims get on the dean's list, skill, date, and still have all kinds of time while their housemates toil.  I let them free will.  Those sims are allowed to set fires, start fights, play for tips, cheat on their boyfriends, whatever idiocy they want.  They are my wild cards.  Cheesy
nortonsapple
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 08, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seelindarun - I play my uni YAs the same way...I think their antics keep me coming back and now with ACR it is a jolly good time for all....rather some. Who would have known that the good students cause the most mayhem.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: