More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:12:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Car woohooing and date wants questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Car woohooing and date wants questions  (Read 13072 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Car woohooing and date wants questions
« on: 2006 November 27, 20:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi -- this is my first post here so let me start with fully admitting my anti-awesomeness  Wink, and also feel free to call me an idiot if this is a stupid question.  However.....

Ever since I've installed a whole bunch of mods from here, my sims are unable to woohoo in cars.  I searched this site, found a thread mentioning this problem by others and in it Pescado directs a user to go to the ofb test directory for the fix, but I can't find it there.  I'm running OFB and am on a mac in case this is relevant.

Also, has anyone encountered the following problem (which is monumentally annoying) and if so, is there a fix?  My sim is on a date and one of her date's wants is, for example, slow dance or flirt, so she attemps it (whatever the want is) and is rejected!  is this normal? it makes no sense!  This has actually happened several times in my game.  Huh

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Car woohooing and date wants questions
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 27, 20:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any problems I've had with woohoo in cars have been fixed by re-buying the car.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 27, 21:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, has anyone encountered the following problem (which is monumentally annoying) and if so, is there a fix?  My sim is on a date and one of her date's wants is, for example, slow dance or flirt, so she attemps it (whatever the want is) and is rejected!  is this normal? it makes no sense!  This has actually happened several times in my game.  Huh

Is your sim on a date with someone she knows well? I think that if they don't know each other very well then they are more likely to reject incoming flirts whether they want the flirt action or not.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 27, 22:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your sim on a date with someone she knows well? I think that if they don't know each other very well then they are more likely to reject incoming flirts whether they want the flirt action or not.

Um...probably not.  She's pretty much a slut.   Grin  I just think it's pretty retarded that if a sim expressly wants to be flirted by or slow dance with another sim and this sim offers, she gets dissed.  I think it's VERY retarded that the game allows for sims to want things they don't really want.  Anyway, what ends up happening is that these wants never get fulfilled so there's really no chance to have a dream date.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 27, 23:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 27, 23:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't found it already then I have to suggest twojeffs ACR hack (along with JMs romancemod)
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4691.0.html

ACR really spices things up  Wink
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 28, 01:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think it's pretty retarded that if a sim expressly wants to be flirted by or slow dance with another sim and this sim offers, she gets dissed.  I think it's VERY retarded that the game allows for sims to want things they don't really want.

I think that's realistic enough.  Imagine having romantic daydreams about someone... sure, you'd love to make love to him under the moonlight, or whatever, but it's still pretty disillusioning when he turns to you and says, "So... wanna fuck?"

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 28, 01:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's realistic enough.  Imagine having romantic daydreams about someone... sure, you'd love to make love to him under the moonlight, or whatever, but it's still pretty disillusioning when he turns to you and says, "So... wanna fuck?"
I don't understand. Did you, or didn't you, want that? Make up your mind already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 28, 01:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand. Did you, or didn't you, want that? Make up your mind already.

You don't understand Pescado because like a lot of men, making love and fucking are one and the same  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 28, 02:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're just making up excuses for being indecisive and wishy-washy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 28, 02:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... because like a lot of men...

You mean there are men that don't think that making love and fucking are one and the same?? Generally, the former is a euphemism for the latter.

PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 28, 02:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey, i'm a girl and i think they're the same. i know quite a few woman who think that.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 28, 03:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean there are men that don't think that making love and fucking are one and the same?? Generally, the former is a euphemism for the latter.

Well, I would never presume that all men (or women for that matter) think that they are both the same, lest I be shot down in flames for tarring all men with the same brush.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 28, 04:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When he turns to you and says, "So... wanna fuck?"
The obvious reply is, "Well, of course I want to. I still do. But if you can't managed to be more arousing than 'wanna fuck?' then I will find someone else."

Passion is what is missing from mere fucking to <insert favorite euphemism here>. Without passion you may as well be doing something else with your time.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 28, 06:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When he turns to you and says, "So... wanna fuck?"
The obvious reply is, "Well, of course I want to. I still do. But if you can't managed to be more arousing than 'wanna fuck?' then I will find someone else."

Passion is what is missing from mere fucking to <insert favorite euphemism here>. Without passion you may as well be doing something else with your time.
Well, you have to determine whether they WANT to first before you bother with anything else. Once they've confirmed, *THEN* you punch in the face and smash them over the head with a chair. THAT is when the passion comes in.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 28, 06:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was in elementary school I had a crush on a classmate, but he doesn't, busy as he is with toy soldiers and stuff. That's why, attempting to seduce him, I started to beat him every day, punches and all, until he collapse so I could kiss him on cheek without wrestling too much. After some months he surrenders and starts to send me little cards with red hearts drawn, so somehow this technique works.

EDIT: drawn not drown ugh
« Last Edit: 2006 November 28, 10:02:18 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 28, 07:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some months he surrenders and starts to send me little cards with red hearts drown, so somehow this technique works.
That is actually perversion of a more ancient tradition, where warriors would deliver the hearts of their enemies to their women.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 28, 10:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I agree with JM -- I'ma woman and I NEVER uses the term "make love" - I think it's icky and puritanical and if I'm on a date and have been day dreaming about him he were to ask me, "wanna make love?", I'd be totally turned off because chances are my daydream would have a whole helluva lot more to do with fucking than with "making love".  This being said, my husband ONLY uses the term "make love" (because he's a puritanical Englishman, whereas I am a passionate Latin American) so go figure.  In response to the passion argument, how anyone can say there is more passion in mnaking love than in fucking is way beyond me.

As for the game -- it doesn't make this distinction - and I still think it's unrealistic and retarded.  if the sim clearly wants a flirt or a slow dance on a date, he should accept it.

Oh, and about the car fix - miros directed me to the OFB hack index (which I looked through several times before posting) and either I'm blind (and stupid) or it's not there anymore....can someone tell me what the fix is called?  Also, i tried the re-buying the car thing and it didn't work.

Lastly, I have dled TJ's casual romance, and have been reading the posts about it, but I'm not quite sure that all in my game, if I am uderstanding it correctly and am not sure that I am Undecided
« Last Edit: 2006 November 28, 14:21:24 by moniquinin » Logged

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 28, 14:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lastly, I have dled TJ's casual romance, and have been reading the posts about it, but I'm not quite sure that all in my game, if I am uderstanding it correctly and am not sure that I am Undecided

and I'm not understanding what your trying to say *laughs* 

Did you download casual romance or autonomous casual romance?  anyway, you can ask any questions you have in the thread for which ever one you downloaded, we don't bite everyone   Grin
Countess
MMEStalker
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 28, 15:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(because he's a puritanical Englishman, whereas I am a passionate Latin American)

I have never heard an Englishman call it 'making love' except on TV, I'd imagine him calling it that has more to do with the puritanical bit rather than the being an Englishman bit. Every Englishman I've ever heard mention sex, even about their significant other has called it shagging, fucking, banging or some other unromantic term. If a man suggested we make love I'd run a mile.

Edited to add: Well, OK, I might not run away, it would depend on the man making the suggestion, because I'm shallow and if he was hot he could say anything at all to get me into bed and I wouldn't care. So I'm either desperate because of my recent dry spell, or I'm just a slut. 
« Last Edit: 2006 November 28, 15:55:53 by MMEStalker » Logged
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 28, 17:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I qualified the Englishman bit, I said he was a PURITANICAL Englishman, and actually, in behaviour he's not puritanical, just in the way he speaks. 

Anyway, Sleepycat -- sorry for the confusion, I forgot the verb in that sentence! I meant that I wasn't sure I wanted all of what TJ's casual romance offers in my game.  I'll reread the whole thing again and if I have questions, I'll post them there.

BTW, my sims can still woohoo in cars in community lots, but not at home, I just found out.  Can anyone just tell me the name of this fix so I can just search for it?  And, does anyone know why this error started only AFTER I installed stuff from here?

Countess
MMEStalker
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 28, 17:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I qualified the Englishman bit, I said he was a PURITANICAL Englishman, and actually, in behaviour he's not puritanical, just in the way he speaks. 

Er... I know you did, my point was that I didn't see what the fact he was an Englishman and you're Latin American had to do with it. I guess I just would have said 'my husband is puritanical in the way he speaks, while I'm passionate'. Saying it like that does imply that his being English is part of the reason, even if you didn't mean it to sound like that. My misunderstanding, sorry.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 28, 18:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, I guess I mentioned it because our cultural differences are always in the forefront.  I don't mean to generalise and I'm not saying that all Latinas are passionate and all Englishman are "proper" because that's just stupid, but culture does define us, the question is, to what extent.  One of my best friends growing up was a Latina prude, and I'm sure there are passionate Englishman out there (somewhere), but sociologically and anthropologically there is a rule just as there are exceptions.  In other words, I am sure that being English is a factor in my husband's behaviour, as is my being Latina is a huge factor in mine.

Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 28, 18:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they unable to woohoo in cars ever on residential lots, or is it specifically couples with children? If it happens to be the latter, the hack you want is the sshack, but you will still get nanny pop-ups, you just have to hit the "Nevermind" button. Otherwise, sorry I couldn't be more help, all I can think of is do you use the Maxian cars or do you have custom ones? If they're custom, try switching with a regular car to see if that helps.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 28, 18:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, my sims are all still single without children...but I am using custom cars.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: