More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:35:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Pfft; poof; she's gone. Phone hacking Sims??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pfft; poof; she's gone. Phone hacking Sims??  (Read 6099 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Pfft; poof; she's gone. Phone hacking Sims??
« on: 2006 November 30, 14:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tuesday evening, 11/28, I played my Tellerman family.  Max, Rebeckah, teen son Dylan and daughter Farleigh (child).  These are third and fourth generation Sims.  Plus one adopted kitty.

I have the  Phone Hack v8.1b: ZOMG pets edition! (10/23/06) in use.

Everything played out normally except when Dylan was on the phone talking with a friend, Rebeckah's cell phone rang.  Her buddy, Mazie Swain, was calling.  They chatted for a while and when the call ended,  Mazie teleported into the house as can happen with this hack when the cell and "land line" are used concurrently.

Mazie visited for a while, then was sent home.  Rebeckah went to bed as did the kids, followed by Max.  They were all snoring peacefully when I exited the lot.

Last night I loaded the lot and low and behold, Rebeckah has vanished.  Max was standing by the bed (instead of in it).  The bed looked as if it was inhabited by two invisible bodies.

Checked his memories; he does have a memory of being married: to "Subject." Checked the relationships of Max, the kids and the kitty:  Rebeckah does not appear.

She cannot be found in any house in Pleasantview, my Uni campus, downtown, or Bluewater Village.  I do have her package # through Pegasys' SimsDB, but don't have the latest version of SimPE installed yet.  Will do that tonight when I get home from work and see if I can find her.  I did not save the lot when I exited.

Everyone else in Pleasantview is where they should be.  I just have no idea where Rebeckah is or why she went.   I have a hunch it may be related to the teleporting issue with the phone hack, but that's just a hunch.  In the interim, am going to have a used cell phone sale.

Any other ideas, suggestions?

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Pfft; poof; she's gone. Phone hacking Sims??
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 30, 15:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Insim's "Restore Family" or Inge's teleporter bush to see if you can teleport her back to the lot? I think, but I'm not positive, that the FFS Lot debugger also has a restore family function.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 30, 15:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the relationships are still there, the ToLaD will put her back in the family.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 30, 15:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Insim's "Restore Family" or Inge's teleporter bush to see if you can teleport her back to the lot?

Haven't tried anything yet as I have dial-up at home but will download those from my office just in case I need them.  Thanks for the ideas.

Will also visit her parents and sibling lots tonight to see if they have any memories/relationships.  Don't expect to see any as whatever happened was very thorough in erasing her.

An interesting method of population reduction, I must say.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Pfft; poof; she’s gone. Phone hacking Sims??
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 30, 16:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think any sim that appears as $subject is pretty much gone from the face of the earth.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 30, 16:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing, hack related or otherwise, is normally capable of vaporizing a sim in this manner. It's just not possible, such a deletion can only be accomplished by physical deletion of the SDSC and/or character file.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 30, 16:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just not possible, such a deletion can only be accomplished by physical deletion of the SDSC and/or character file.

Well, in that case then gremlins entered my house while I was at work, booted up my computer, and did the dasterdly deed as when I exited the game 11/28, all was well and I did nothing after that but play a few rounds of Freecell.

I guess I could resort to a backup, but not certain I want to since I wanted to cull my population anway...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 30, 17:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a sim disappear like that is generally a sign of impending BFBVFS. I recommend you do so.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 30, 17:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh yes, I've seen similar behaviour just before my hood turned in a big mess. One of my sims, some days were married to $subject, some others to Social Worker, and in the end about a third of newest sims disappeared without trace.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 30, 18:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do a restore after I poke around SimPE tonight; just mystified about precisely what happened and why.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 30, 23:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

someone else had a sim "get erased" recently... so your not the only one this has happened to.

I might have seen the post over at InSIM, I'll check when I get a chance.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 01, 04:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have seen the post over at InSIM, I'll check when I get a chance.

Thanks, Sleepycat.  After installing the newest SimPE and looking around, have to say that Gwill was right.  Rebeckah was vaporized.  Not a sign of her.  Maybe she morphed into one of those Mr. Potato Heads I saw in SimPE.  Cute.

So, I restored and she's back.  Lost about 12 days of play, but that's my fault for getting lazy and not doing a weekly backup.

Still mystified about what caused that effect... 

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 01, 15:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I did look but couldn't find it, it dosen't help that I can't remember just which section it was in  Roll Eyes

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 01, 16:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for looking anyway.  I visited the SimPE forum and found a post about disappearing Sims, but they all had left memories and relationships hanging and I think the gamer managed to salvage the character with SimPE.  Rebeckah was totally poofed and left nothing behind.  Weird. 

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 01, 21:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I remember it was a male sim, related to alot of others and he just disappeared, there were no memorys of him or anything, like he never existed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: