More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:36:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelry  (Read 5152 times)
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelry
« on: 2006 November 26, 12:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there.  I am having two irritating problems with my game, and wondering if anyone here has seen it or has a fix.

The first one is the problem with custom default eyes.  They dissapear with one family after I have given them a makeover.  They used to have beautiful green eyes made by Heleane, and they end up with ugly, cartoonish Maxis brown eyes.  Once you get used to looking at everyone in the game with more realistic eyes, its very jarring to have sims with the Maxis defaults.  The mother in this family is pregnant again, and I hope that the father doesn't pass on these ugly eyes to the new baby!  I have tried using Sim Surgery in SimsPE to fix it with no luck.   Angry  I know I could do it very easilly with SimsEnhancer, but I'm too damn cheap to pay for it!  LOL

My second issue is with flashing blue jewelry.  I will have a sim change appearence, and will see the jewelry right there, where it is supposed to be, looking fine.  I'll even change to a different set just in case, and she'll walk around fine for awhile.  But then she'll leave the lot and come back blinking!  What's causing this?

Thank you for any help you can give me. 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelr
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 26, 15:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you should be able to fix the eyes in the sims "character file" under "age data" (open the neighborhood and go to sim description, find the sim and under "more" you can access their DNA and Character file)

you could copy the eye code (ctrl+c) from a sim that has those eyes and then paste it (ctrl+v) into the eye line, then hit 'commit", I'd do it under DNA also. save.

then they can "change appearence" with a mirror in-game to get the "new" eyes to show up.

I'm not very awake but hopefully I explained it well enough. It's really easy to do.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelry
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 26, 16:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr Pixel has stated that his alpha earring mesh (the one most people use) has some severe errors in it.  He's trying to fix it.  Keep checking at the Blarney Stone!
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Two Problems: Disapearing default custom eyes and messed up mesh for jewelry
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 26, 20:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Concerning your first problem, are you sure that Heleane's eyes weren't uninstalled after the makeover?
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 27, 23:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all the info!  Smiley  Sleepycat--I'm booting SimsPE up now, gonna try your method and see if that works.  Miros--no, I hadn't heard that about Dr. Pixel's mesh!  Geeze, I guess my Sims will have to be bare of Jewlery until he gets it fixed.  Thanks for the info.  Rose--I am guessing that's what happened, though I don't know why it did.  I gave both the father and the daughter a makeover, but have never seen it change eyecolor before.  It even changed the genetics, because since then the father has had another baby, and this baby has the ugly default Maxis eyes. 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 27, 23:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all the info!  Smiley  Sleepycat--I'm booting SimsPE up now, gonna try your method and see if that works.   

your welcome, I've done it a number of times now and it works fine for me.  Smiley

If you have InSIM then you don't have to wait for the infant to become a toddler in order to 'change appearence" in a mirror, I found InSIMs makeover or whatever its called worked fine and the baby didn't have to be the one selected to do it. 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 28, 13:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The flasy blue accessories is a Pets glitch, it's not just related to custom content.  I have it on vampire teeth as well.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 29, 05:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH Crap that means I need to remove the vampire teeth from my sim.

ISFJ
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 29, 14:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, it's so bad that I saw the flashing blue thing on a necklace that was part of a woman's top, not even a separate object.  It was kinda funny, actually -- when she sat down to eat, the necklace hovered over her head. Smiley  Changing her clothes didn't clear it off, but going to the mirror to change appearance did.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 29, 14:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like someone incorporated Dr. Pixel's mesh into their own...  They'll just have to redo it after he fixes the base mesh.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 01, 01:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, you were right, it was very easy!  Smiley  I got it changed in less time than I thought.  Thanks again. 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 01, 15:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, you were right, it was very easy!  Smiley  I got it changed in less time than I thought.  Thanks again. 

I'm glad I could help  Grin 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: