More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:37:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Better Use of the SimVac?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Better Use of the SimVac?  (Read 40816 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Better Use of the SimVac?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 July 22, 18:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright Ancient, I'll try and help. About the SimVac...

So I guess if the loss of relationship between robber and victim is only slight, there is no reason not to use it to ...ahem... 'borrow' a skill-point or two if a promotion hinges on it and there is simply no time to build the skill the regular way?

Can a sim use it on any other sim? I mean, can an adult use it on a teenager? I know, it sounds mean, but the teenies don't need the skill-points quite that urgently, unless its for scholarship reasons and the age-transiton is too close for them to re-build the skill.

My only worries were in the relationship department. I did not want to ruin a parent/child relationship, nor a explode a marriage, unless I feel like doing that on purpose. That's the reason I have so many silly questions, I have never used it before, you see. It never occured to me to use it on townies and NPC's; told you I need a vacation :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 July 22, 18:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, our Prime Ministers aren't quite the same as Presidents - we vote for a particular party, and we just get the leader the party chose as part of the deal

Zephyr, that's pretty much how it works here, as well. The major parties nominate a candidate and no one besides those two people has a chance to win. I have "protest" voted in the last couple of elections.

And speaking of Bush, I read a quote by Clarence Darrow recently that seems very fitting.
"When I was a boy, I was taught that anyone could become President. I am beginning to believe that is true." It's an embarassment that that buffoon is our "leader".
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 July 22, 19:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think it would have been a case of once bitten twice shy!  After all, his father wasn't exactly Brain of America!  But I suppose, unless you have more than 50% of your voters with IQs above 100, you are going to get the lowest common denominator of President since there are more voters in that category! 

The problem with out present administration is they seem to be mostly made up of lawyers, and they all want to rewrite the statute book to make more work for their lawyer friends!  One example of this is that sevreal very effective lanti-terror laws were introduced during the IRA campaign, but now with the Al Qaida threat, we somehow seem to need a whole set of new ones!  Presumably to provide employment for numerous lawyers in drafting them!

I don't think I care much any longer what the government does, as long as it doesn't affect me personally - and that's a terrible admission for me to make!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 July 22, 19:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with out present administration is they seem to be mostly made up of lawyers, and they all want to rewrite the statute book to make more work for their lawyer friends!  One example of this is that sevreal very effective lanti-terror laws were introduced during the IRA campaign, but now with the Al Qaida threat, we somehow seem to need a whole set of new ones!  Presumably to provide employment for numerous lawyers in drafting them!
Well, that's just how politicians work. Like the saying goes, "If pro- is the opposite con-, what is the opposite of progress?"

I don't think I care much any longer what the government does, as long as it doesn't affect me personally - and that's a terrible admission for me to make!
That sounds essentially reasonable to me. It's not like you, personally, can affect the outcome. That's pretty much what I do. I cast my token vote for the third party candidate of my choice, and lose, thus reaffirming the futility of the system, then go back to my hermit-hole and wait for the Revolution, Armageddon, or what-have-you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 July 22, 19:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know,, it's the only sensible thing to do, but I still feel cheated!  It's the empty promises at election time that really get to me!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 July 22, 19:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. Our form of democracy doesn't really do what it's supposed to. Country is generally too large of a level of social organization to do anything really useful except get on people's nerves. Decentralization actually works surprisingly well. Just ask ants. They've taken over the world without anything resembling a leader. Even the queen is much more like the germ cells of a single organism than any sort of administrator.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 July 23, 02:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know,, it's the only sensible thing to do, but I still feel cheated!  It's the empty promises at election time that really get to me!
They get to you only if you believe them. It's the same deal with EA hypemongering. I don't believe a word of that shit, so it doesn't bother me when they don't deliver. I just go, "Meh, they always lie anyway."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 July 24, 03:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote, though it doesn't make a difference. American politics are fubar. I vote for candidates I know can't win. And also know that even if voting main party, my vote doesn't really count. The elector votes. He is Supposed to vote in the interest of his constituency, but is not Required to. In this digital age why can't we have a true democracy? Or, at the Very least, aim for something closer to the republic that we claim we are.

Bush is an idiot. I would be very amused at the ridiculous things he says and does, if he were anyone other than the president. I am ashamed to belong to a country that would elect him, not once but twice.

"I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

How can I not be proud of this guy?

The whole thing makes me worry....

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
lakota
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 July 24, 03:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. Snow is good. In a few years when global warming causes everything down south to BURST INTO FLAMES from the sheer heat, up here it'll still be quite tolerable. THEN who's going to be laughing, hrm?!? Besides, what's the value in going out in short sleeves? You can be just as comfy going out in FULL BODY ARMOR, when it's cold, and be better protected, too. You should ALWAYS wear body armor!

That sounds like something my son would say....
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 July 24, 03:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you're a girl, body armor is sexy when paired with a gun and a lead pipe that goes KRONG!   Wink  Even girls should ALWAYS WEAR BODY ARMOR.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 July 24, 03:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you're a girl, body armor is sexy when paired with a gun and a lead pipe that goes KRONG!   Wink  Even girls should ALWAYS WEAR BODY ARMOR.

Chris

As I heard quoted somewhere "there is only one way a woman should meet the public --armed--"

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 July 24, 16:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crowbar, not lead pipe. Better for getting a purchase.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 July 24, 18:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crowbar, not lead pipe. Better for getting a purchase.

But the lead pipe makes such a satisfying noise when it bounces off skulls or shins....  Wink

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 July 25, 04:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just stick to my katana. Blades are cool.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 July 25, 21:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then take your lead pipe, break the end off so it's nice and sharp, and bent it. Toolmaking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: