More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:31:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NL issue with pay-at-box
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NL issue with pay-at-box  (Read 2852 times)
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
NL issue with pay-at-box
« on: 2005 September 21, 08:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay-at-box does still work... except that once the bill has been paid (but before the mailman comes to pick it up) you can still click on the mailbox and have the option to get mail.  Which makes you pay again.  This wouldn't be that big of a deal except that Sims keep wanting to autonomously get the mail.  Which makes you pay again.  My sims paid the same bill three times in a single day.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: NL issue with pay-at-box
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 21, 08:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay at the box is very much on the broken list. It is not known whether it will be fixable now that mail comes in varieties that have to actually be sorted. Do not attempt to use it until it has been fixed, unless you want your game to explode in a Big Fiery Ball That Is Visible From Space.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 21, 09:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already removed.  I just didn't notice it on Boris' list, so thought I'd mention.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 21, 11:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I had pay-at-box I used move_objects to place a small table right on 'top' of the mailbox - it actually becomes a part of the post the box is on.  At least this way Sims aren't wandering around looking for a surface to place the bill on before they pay it!  I guess I'll have to go back to this method for now.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 21, 11:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not known whether it will be fixable now that mail comes in varieties that have to actually be sorted.
Shame... I loved useful hacks like that... it speeded up time instead of playing hide and seek the bills before they explode because my sims like to automatically bring in the mail Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: