More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 00:58:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Big nose problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Big nose problem  (Read 6527 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Big nose problem
« on: 2006 November 18, 23:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really weird.  I recently re-installed my game because all the sims turn out with big noses.  I took out all my downloads and still have the same problem.  I couldn't get rid of it so I re-installed my full game - no downloads and I am still experiencing this.

I put the smallest nose on a sim in Cas, but as soon I play the sim the nose changes into a big nose.  This is by far the weirdest bug I've ever encountered.  I have all expansions except the family fun pack.  My game is also patched.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Big nose problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 19, 23:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! This seems the same thing that happened to me; I found out later that it was linked to "sims/objects details" settings: take a look and see if it is similar.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 20, 02:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like if the game used on them the Dr Vu surgery, autonomously. Weird.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 20, 09:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Archetypes can be different for detail settings. If you do not play on high detail and use an archetype replacement set which has only replaced the high detail ones (as far as I am aware, none of them replaced medium and low) the Sim will take on the ORIGINAL archetype in game.

CAS always uses high detail for some reason.

So the solution is to play on high detail at least when first creating CAS Sims.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 21, 01:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but the poster said they had no downloads at all, which would include replacement faces. Wink Still, a good thing to note as something to check.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 21, 10:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had templates in at any time and did not delete the cache/thumbs after removing them CAS might not have updated. There are differences between CAS and the game anyway, I have a few hairstyles which look different.
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 24, 20:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh... My daughter seems to be having this problem also. We share a game, but not downloads. She has used downloaded sims as well as made sims in Cas and is having this problem with all of them.  if anyone finds the culprit, please let us know! Thanks.

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 24, 20:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had one of you with big nose problem made the Family and  Pets at the same time ? I have seen People reporting the same issue.
 Dont make a Family and Pets at the same time .
 First Family, move in House.
Then make Pets and move in to the Family.
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 24, 22:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh....that could be it! I do it that way, but my daughter makes her pets with the family. I will go investigate and report back. Thank you!

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 25, 04:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I saw this sorta glitch was when I managed to save my sims away before a total reinstallation; I tried to install Uni over NL (bought them in reverse order Tongue), but in the end decided to reinstall properly all the stuff in a row.
When I summoned a bunch of my sims in an empty lot, to clone them and write down notes about their settings, I lowered all the graphic settings, and this is why I found out that monstrosity Tongue.

The screenshots above were taken pausing the game and acting on SimsDetails low/high setting only. I play always with simsdetails high, so it's not a problem for me, anyway. No OfB or Pets, yet. Oh, and that sim in screenshot is a born in game, a grand-grand-son of Dirk Dreamer indeed; why he change so much with simsdetails low/high remains beyond my comprehension, though :/.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
elle.jae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 29, 05:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happen with my old computer, because I couldn't run the game on high detail settings all the time. When one of my in-game born sims became an adult, she started off with a pretty decent nose, but then sometimes it would look totally different - bigger and even a different shape altogether. I thought it was just a glitch, but I finally figured out that it changed depending on what settings were selected at the time.

I also used to have a problem with all of my teenage boys having protruding foreheads and big googly eyes, but I'm not sure if it was the same kind of problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: