More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:02:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampires can't be directed to bite necks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires can't be directed to bite necks  (Read 5295 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Vampires can't be directed to bite necks
« on: 2005 September 20, 00:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can be influenced by another sim to do so, and they will bite other sims autonomously, but I don't get the option in the standard social pie menu. Where is it supposed to be? This is a fairly minor problem, considering that I'm having issues with memory icons and corrupted memory conversations, but it's irksome enough that I want to be able to fix it. Assuming it is a problem, and not just the result of my own incompetence.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Vampires can't be directed to bite necks
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 20, 00:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't get it until best friend status, even with family members.  Undecided
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 20, 00:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh . . . okay. The "Grand Vampires" get to ignore that rule, apparently.

So, it's incompetence, with a really lame excuse.  Grin
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 20, 03:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they need to be really good buds

have you tried the VoodooBottle to edit friendship levels
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 20, 04:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds kind of silly.  I'd think if there were a biting requirement it'd have something to do with the vampire's hunger meter.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 20, 06:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like something we need a hack for. Maybe something along the lines of TwoJeffs' previous work, like Casual Vamping or Casual Siring. Tongue

Also, curious as I haven't played NL at all yet, even though I've installed it. Hehe, still waitin patiently on updates...

But... if a sim bites, is this action always "accepted" by the bitee? In other words, can the victim ever reject the vamp that is tryin to bite them? Or is it basically 0% fail rate/100% success rate. A bite will Always turn the victim into a vamp. Thus, you can't really protect yourself from autonomous bites, and you'll be forced to buy the potion to devamp yourself if it happens.

Oooh, I can think of some other new great hacks, maybe like the cow head or ghosthacks for repelling vamps. We'd need meshes maybe for crosses and or garlic or something. Maybe these could be tokens or objects like however Cell phones and other objects are carried by the inventory system. Then sims could purchase and carry these objects to repel vamps the way that the TwoJeffs' cow-head hack does for Uni cow mascots or Pescado's ghostbusting vacuum does ghosts.

Oooh, and maybe there could be meshed stakes and/or recoloured potions as holy water, which could be used by "normal" human sims to kill off vamps or set them aflame! *evil grin* Hehehe... I'll have to suggest/request this again somewheres after the dust settles and old hacks are updated and people start creating new hacks.

Ste

Edit: I meant garlic. I got that confused with onions, although onion breath could probably repel vamps or other sims in general. Lol. Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 September 20, 07:18:58 by syberspunk » Logged

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 06:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or just a piece of garlic for repelling them.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 07:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played night life a bit but not alot so far but i have started work on a vampire familly.

Oddysey do you have the other "new" social interactions?  I had the problem where i couldn't bite other peoples necks with 100/100 relationship and found that the cause was hacks that changed or added interactions which in turn stopped all the new interactions from showing up.  If you don't have that problem i'm guessing the relationship just isn't high enough.

syberspunk I've heard that sims can reject the bite interaction but i haven't tested this.  It may only be rejectable if it isn't performed autonomiously by a townie like the grand vampires.  If their neck is bitten successfully they have a 100% chance of becoming a vampire though.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 07:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the bite interaction can be rejected. Results in no vampirism and a small relationship loss.

I'm not entirely sure what the conditions are for a reject. It seems to be 100% success for the Grand Vamps, as I influenced one to bite someone he had no relationship score with and it worked. Seems to be 100% if you bite someone you have a good relationship with (not sure how high it has to be, either love or best friends, I'd say). I've both failed and succeeded in influencing a non-Grand vamp to bite someone with whom they have a good relationship (both the biter likes the bitee and visa versa). Guess it needs more testing.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 20, 10:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.livejournal.com/community/thesims2/1284926.html

The full Prima Guide information on vamps is there Smiley

Specifically:
"Whether your Sim will get bitten by a vampire depends on several factors including your Sim's Daily Relationship with the vampire (the higher it is, the greater the chance of a successful bite), whether your Sim is a Knowledge Aspiration Sim (Knowledge Sims get bitten at lower Daily Relationships), whether the vampire is the correct age and non-family (required for some but not all conditions), and your Sim's amount of Logic skill (the higher the Logic, the greater the Daily Relationship must be)."

I know the guide is usually wrong, but in my experience this is pretty much right.

A proud thread pirate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: