More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:06:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default pet breeds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default pet breeds  (Read 4751 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Default pet breeds
« on: 2006 November 20, 19:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have changed many of the breeds that ship with the game to(in my opinion) more true to form breeds.
The problem is that now I have doubles of some breeds, and while this is a minor annoyance, I was wondering if anybody knows how to remove(or replace) some of the default breeds?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
Re: Default pet breeds
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 20, 19:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to The Sims 2 -> PetBreeds, at the end of the file names there are the names of all the breeds. I dont know if deleting them will work though.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 20, 19:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that a shot, after backing up of course

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 20, 21:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have noticed a potential problem.. normally stuff in mydocuments is reserved for CC.  i went to my untouched breeds folder and found it full of breeds, which must then be maxis breeds.   which leads me to wonder if they could then get overwriteen at some point if you replaced them with your own breeds.  for instance if they changed the model for a pet breed themselves.. hm, they have overturned my world putting maxis defs in mydocuments.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 21, 06:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it seems to be working perfectly Smiley no more deformed maxis pugs and shiba inus

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 21, 07:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you be uploading them to share with us?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 21, 09:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was going to upload them to my section on InSIM, but sure I can upload them here tommorow Smiley

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 21, 09:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know you hang out there. I can go there to look. I'm still using your default alien skin replacements. They've been a standard in my game for a long time. I'm looking forward to your replacement defaults of these pets.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 21, 09:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they should be up there tommorow, Im also working on replacement pet eyes aswell

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 21, 15:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it seems to be working perfectly Smiley no more deformed maxis pugs and shiba inus

i dont know that much about dog breeds, but the shiba inu face was totally messed up.  it should look foxlike.  and the heavyness of the husky is innappropriate.  they are showing a malamute, built for heavy lifting.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 21, 17:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the mangled shiba inu that I first set out to fix, I really dont know what they where thinking when they made that pooch

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: