More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:13:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim won't car woohoo because he/she thinks they are "leaving the house"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim won't car woohoo because he/she thinks they are "leaving the house"  (Read 6168 times)
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim won't car woohoo because he/she thinks they are "leaving the house"
« on: 2006 November 16, 21:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get my sim couple to woohoo in the car in the driveway. The first person gets in and the second one, when I tell them to get in, comes up with the message about "I have responsibilites and can't leave the little one home alone" even though they're only in the freaking driveway!! I need to hire a Nanny for car woohoo!!

Is there a hack/fix out there for this? I searched, but didn't find anything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sim won't car woohoo because he/she thinks they are "leaving the house"
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 21:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sshack should resolve this. It will still pop the dialogs, but you can just hit "nevermind".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 17, 00:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having that problem also with the problems I was having with car woohoo after OFB p2.  The car hack fixed it.  I think it's part of the anti watchout hack now.  I haven't tested it in Pets yet.  Are you running OFB p2 as your latest installed EP, or do you have Pets?
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 17, 03:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the EPs and Glamour Life Stuff.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 17, 04:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that same problem.  sshack?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 17, 04:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a problem that was introduced with OFB as of the second patch.  I haven't tried it since installing Pets, but I'm willing to bet that they didn't fix it.  Tongue  Do you have Pescado's antiwatchout hack?
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 17, 05:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think so. Ive never needed it but its worth a look see.  Yes I do have it.  Remove?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 17, 05:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that should fix it.  I tried doing a car woohoo, and I didn't have the problem where the sim would get stuck outside and never get in the car.  But as far as the nanny problem, I would have to find a house where there aren't any older sims besides the parent(s).  The house I tried it in had another older sim on the lot.

ETA:  I just tried it by temporarily moving out the other adult sim, and I did have the message pop up about needing a babysitter.  But I clicked "Never mind" since I have the sshack, and it allowed them to continue.  When I had this problem before, it just caused them to get stuck and not get in the car, which I guess was a separate issue that I described before.  But I never saw this before the second OFB patch.  So it looks like Maxis may have fixed half the problem in Pets.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2006 November 17, 05:49:11 by rainbow » Logged
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 18, 19:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I've tried the sshack and it works great!

Thanks for telling me what to do....

BTW is there a hack to make the nannies less stupid? I had a nanny the other day, she put the sleepy toddler in the crib, and then picked him back up again, and complained she had to pee. Then she put him back in the crib, picked him up again, complained agin, put him on the floor and peed herself.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 18, 20:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there's the baby controller.  But first you have to use SimPE to remove the stupid parts of the nanny...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 18, 20:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there's the baby controller.  But first you have to use SimPE to remove the stupid parts of the nanny...

Or have the lobonany.package in, and just kill off the existing nannies -- the new ones will be better. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 18, 20:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my Sims are actually friends with a couple of nannies.  No accounting for tastes...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 19, 07:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW is there a hack to make the nannies less stupid? I had a nanny the other day, she put the sleepy toddler in the crib, and then picked him back up again, and complained she had to pee. Then she put him back in the crib, picked him up again, complained agin, put him on the floor and peed herself.
That sounds like a nanny that has been allowed to think for itself duelling with the baby controller, where the baby controller says it's sleepy and wants to stow the baby, but the nanny wants to take it out again for some sadistic reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JadeDruid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 20, 18:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dowloaded the baby controller, and I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks to everyone for posting help and stuff that made me laugh.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 20, 18:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just a warning if you have brain damage like me....  the baby controller didnt work for me for ages.  until i figured out i had to configure it...  i had tried before but if its at the wrong distance you get the 'see through'  thing and you cant select it.  so i have the thing hanging there for months wondering why its so useless, before i accidentally click on it and get the configure option..   slow light coming into brain, 'configure'?    i did the same thing with the bathroom and configuring the toilet paper.   now im wondering if i need to turn on the business controller..  i havent tested it yet...   i suppose i should go and rtfm.    its also lots of fun to set the diameter on the bathrooms so large that they sense more then one bathroom too.   they go running madly back and forth..    well i thought i was setting people seek, not bathroom seek.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 21, 14:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

now im wondering if i need to turn on the business controller..  i havent tested it yet... 

No, that one works on its own, though like most of JMP's objects there are configurable commands and the like when you click on it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: