More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:58:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets and Community Lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets and Community Lots?  (Read 4481 times)
Digital Femme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Pets and Community Lots?
« on: 2006 November 18, 19:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a special object of some sort that you have to place on a lot in order to get pets to appear? Whenever I have a sim with a pet visit the dog park, his dog is the only pet there. However, there are other sims in the neighborhood with dogs. Are the only pets allowed on a community lot the ones owned by the playable sim? If so, that's ridiculous! I suppose I could just use the Insimenator to force other pets in the neighborhood to show up, but I can't believe EA would overlook something so simple. I mean, the whole point of taking your dog to a dog park is so he can play with other dogs, right?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Pets and Community Lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 18, 19:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen strays wandering on community lots, and I've seen playable sims and their dog as walk-bys (answering the question of where they go when they take the dog for a 'walk' Smiley ), but I can't say I've seen playables show up with their pets on community lots in non-playable mode.

Actually, the walk-by with the dog pleasantly surprised me the first time I saw it.   It happened at the only other house in that custom hood that also had a dog (the Kim family that comes with Pets), so I don't know if it happens at other non-pet houses yet.  It may just be a way for the pets in the house to make friends with other playable pets.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 18, 21:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the walk-by with the dog pleasantly surprised me the first time I saw it.   It happened at the only other house in that custom hood that also had a dog (the Kim family that comes with Pets), so I don't know if it happens at other non-pet houses yet.  It may just be a way for the pets in the house to make friends with other playable pets.

I like this feature.  I was playing a house yesterday where there was going to be a wedding in the evening, and that afternoon all 3 of the kids and a couple of adults brought friends home from work/school.  So I had quite a houseful.  Then, just before the wedding was going to take place, one of my playable Sims and his cat walked by.  I figured, why not include them too, it'll give the dog someone to play with.  A couple of hours later I noticed the dog off by himself with low social.  Nobody was paying any attention to him.  Eventually he did start interacting with the visiting cat.

It may not be realistic (how many people do you know who take their cats out for walks?) but I think it's a useful feature.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 18, 23:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also wondering about this. When my sim goes alone to a community lot, there's always one stray around (changes every time) and when he takes his dog, his is the only 4-legged critter there (no strays, no owned pets either).

I'm aware of TwoJeffs' painting to ban pets, but I'd like an object that summons some pets onto a lot.

I made some spectacular pet-friendly parks and I want my pets to meet other pets for breeding and stuff. Maybe I haven't seen it yet, but is there an object, or do other pets already come to community lots with pet-beds, food bowls and such?

Or maybe that doesn't happen because of OFB, because we wouldn't want our shops full of pets not buying anything? I get to have only 3 customers at a time anyway, but still, if there's a food-bowl, there should be some pets around Smiley
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 18, 23:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a pet teleporter at MTS2.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 18, 23:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot!
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 20, 17:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im pretty sure its christianlov that has the pet teleporter.  ive used it at a home lot, but not at a community lot.  i vaguely think it makes it YOUR pet though,  which could be a problem.  however i may have misremembered everything i just said.  im fairly sure it looks like the oriental kite though.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 21, 15:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I got it but haven't tested it yet, I don't think it makes the teleported pet yours out of your will, but you have that option on the kite if you want to do it. But I'll have to check.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 22, 04:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened at the only other house in that custom hood that also had a dog (the Kim family that comes with Pets), so I don't know if it happens at other non-pet houses yet. 

It happened to me for the first time today at a non-pet house.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 22, 09:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also wondering about this. When my sim goes alone to a community lot, there's always one stray around (changes every time) and when he takes his dog, his is the only 4-legged critter there (no strays, no owned pets either).

I'm aware of TwoJeffs' painting to ban pets, but I'd like an object that summons some pets onto a lot.

I made some spectacular pet-friendly parks and I want my pets to meet other pets for breeding and stuff. Maybe I haven't seen it yet, but is there an object, or do other pets already come to community lots with pet-beds, food bowls and such?

Or maybe that doesn't happen because of OFB, because we wouldn't want our shops full of pets not buying anything? I get to have only 3 customers at a time anyway, but still, if there's a food-bowl, there should be some pets around Smiley

I don't know about that, the last time Alexander and Otis (his dog) went to a community lot (last night), they were knee deep in strays and other pets.  Alex only wanted to buy a collar.  I haven't tried a park yet.  I wonder if it's because of the visitor number limitation in your game?  How many guests/visitors can you have at a time?  I upped my limit and have more sims on community lots and as party guests than the game would allow me otherwise.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 22, 10:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may not be realistic (how many people do you know who take their cats out for walks?) but I think it's a useful feature.
I think cats tend to walk themselves in real life, but eh, I doubt Maxis put code to distinguish this. Maybe I should fix it so that dogs show up with their owners, cats just show up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 22, 12:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's because of the visitor number limitation in your game?  How many guests/visitors can you have at a time?  I upped my limit and have more sims on community lots and as party guests than the game would allow me otherwise.
I have a limit of 3 customers and about 8 people can be emloyed on my business lots, maybe I'll use Paladin's customer increaser object and try again.
But I haven't played since I wrote my previous post, so maybe I still have to play some more to see Smiley
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 22, 16:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just saw a Sim out walking her cat last night.  It was on a residential lot, not a commercial one.

I seem to remember a lot of pets wandering loose at the Pet Shop where I bought one of my dogs tho.  I have no clue if they were with their owners or just came to visit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: