More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:02:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets and Helicopters
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets and Helicopters  (Read 1988 times)
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Pets and Helicopters
« on: 2006 November 16, 16:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read in another thread that pets can't go in certain vehicles, so if a pet and a sim leave at the same time they'll use the pet's car to go to work in. But what happens if a sim gets home at the same time a pet is leaving? My Business sim gets home in a chopper at the same time my Security dog leaves for work, but he can't use her helicopter. He seems to jump into it, but then he disappears and reappears over (not in, over) the pool in the middle of the lot.

There are workarounds, I suppose. I could transfer ownership of the house car to the Business sim and have her use that. Assuming the pet can get into that car, it should work. Seems odd, though. Anyone else have this problem?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Pets and Helicopters
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 16:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When one Sim returns home at the same time another is leaving, there are normally two cars, and the Sim has to get into the correct one.  Sounds like someone didn't follow the logic all the way through when adding the pet carpool.

I think having your Business Sim own (or at least use) the car should fix things.  The pet's car pool should show up to pick him or her up while the Sim pulls her car into the driveway.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Pets and Helicopters
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 16, 23:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with a sim mayor and a showbiz cat leaving for work at the same time. The helicopter turned up and I watched the cat jump onto followed by the sim. Thinking they were both safely on the way to work I switched focus to something else only to later find both the mayor and the cat wandering round the lot. As the sim in question was a fairly crumbly elder I simply retired them to get around the problem. Having the 'helicoptered' sim use their own car should get around the problem and I will bear that in mind for the future, thanks.

I'm also pretty sure that sims (always) share the car pool when a sim arrives as another departs for work... I still find it very funny watching the criminal mastermind going to work in the police car.  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: