More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:30:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Pet Police Hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Pet Police Hack?  (Read 5544 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
No Pet Police Hack?
« on: 2006 November 16, 02:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the pet police come on one of my sims' lots b/c one pet was hungry and had no energy after a day at work. And the stupid police car took all the dog's kids too, all of whom had nearly fully green need bars. Wtf? This is so stupid. Has anyone made a hack yet to address the inanity of the pet police in this game?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: No Pet Police Hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 02:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like something Pescado can do for the pet police what was done for the social service. Tongue I hope he's glad he thought of it. Grin

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 16, 02:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into this. It's probably really stupid, compounded more so by the fact that there could very well *BE* food and it's not your responsibility to make him go and eat it as you can't control them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 16, 03:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what it is exactly. I always have to use the controlpets cheat for any of my pets with jobs.

They always come home tired and hungry and more often than not, they opt for a bed over food.

I haven't noticed whether or not they get food or anything at work, but lord almighty do they come home drained of EVERYTHING.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 16, 04:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the pets eat at work -- I've never seen one come home with a full hunger bar.  I can't say for sure, but I think the type of job they have affects how much of an energy drain they get. It always seems like dogs in the security field come home with less relative energy than ones in show business.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 16, 06:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear I saw a hack here somewhere that would only have the pet with the low mood taken away.  Doesn't solve the problem, but it keeps the other pets from being taken.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 16, 13:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pet Police in the Sims should work just like real life (i.e. only afflict the poor and purely on a randomly chosen day of the week).

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 16, 14:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the pets eat at work -- I've never seen one come home with a full hunger bar. 

I've only had pets once so far, but as far as I can remember, they do eat at work; the hunger bar will not be filled, though, it's more like pets just nibbling a bit.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 16, 16:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into this. It's probably really stupid, compounded more so by the fact that there could very well *BE* food and it's not your responsibility to make him go and eat it as you can't control them.

Well....if it's a dog you can by clicking on the food bowl and calling them to eat, but yeah. You shouldn't have to. My (RL) dogs almost explode with joy anytime someone goes anywhere near their food bowls, so you wouldn't ever have to *tell* them to eat.

I had my idiot (sim) dog almost taken away yesterday (the "your dog is starving" message came up) because I'd locked him outside, and he wanted to eat from the two food dishes in the house. Completely ignoring the fact that there were two perfectly good, full dishes outside. Snobby git.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 16, 16:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my idiot (sim) dog almost taken away yesterday (the "your dog is starving" message came up) because I'd locked him outside, and he wanted to eat from the two food dishes in the house. Completely ignoring the fact that there were two perfectly good, full dishes outside. Snobby git.

According to the (not always correct) Prima guide, pets slowly develop ownership over their usual food bowl and bed. This is probably as stupid side-effect of that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 16, 16:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well....if it's a dog you can by clicking on the food bowl and calling them to eat, but yeah. You shouldn't have to. My (RL) dogs almost explode with joy anytime someone goes anywhere near their food bowls, so you wouldn't ever have to *tell* them to eat.

The guide says that Clean pets will not like to eat from the cheap bowl.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 16, 16:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere. The dog is halfway between "Fussy" and "Pigpen", though, and I haven't trained him to be clean (or dirty). The dish is also the most expensive one, anyway.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 16, 17:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, is it okay to delete the police car when it comes up? I know that once upon a time it was very, very bad to delete any of the NPC cars, but I dunno about now.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 17, 00:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

burnate the bastard. All that will happen is another one will appear three seconds later... and again, and again, and again, and again....

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 17, 00:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

burnate the bastard. All that will happen is another one will appear three seconds later... and again, and again, and again, and again....

Yeah, I have experience with this myself. At one point in time I had wanted to see the death by flies death and actually cause it myself, so I had mounds and mounds of trash, all in a line surrounded by walls. I had my parent Sims walk through this line only once and they were both consumed by flies. Well, it just so happens that this path led to the only entrance to the house. Needless to say when the social worker came to pick up the kids, she was eaten. They eventually got the kids on the second try, though, probably because they teleported the kids to the car for them.
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 17, 00:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have experience with this myself. At one point in time I had wanted to see the death by flies death and actually cause it myself, so I had mounds and mounds of trash, all in a line surrounded by walls. I had my parent Sims walk through this line only once and they were both consumed by flies. Well, it just so happens that this path led to the only entrance to the house. Needless to say when the social worker came to pick up the kids, she was eaten. They eventually got the kids on the second try, though, probably because they teleported the kids to the car for them.

Eaten social worker? How absolutely WONDERFUL!! Cheesy

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: