More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:27:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Plague-Revisited
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Plague-Revisited  (Read 13971 times)
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The Plague-Revisited
« on: 2006 November 16, 15:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it was mentioned a while ago about some-one making a hack that had a decent percent chance of a certain illness killing a sim. I just wanted to know if any-one had made it, I am making a mid-evil village and I would like disease death as the main cause of death.

Thanks in advance.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
Re: The Plague-Revisited
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 16, 19:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a poison here that has a chance of killing the sim every hour, I think it is:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=188471

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 16, 19:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I would have to choose which one dies, anthing available that is random, although I know it will probably be Non-awesome Undecided
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 16, 23:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I've never tried it, I know the biotech station can create a virus which is highly contagious and can be fatal.  It is passed on the way any virus is.
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 17, 15:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, this is one of my pet peeves. I'm too kind to kill my sims and that's why they all die in old age.

Here's my list of things that I'd like to see in my game. 
1) sudden death/seizure; something like heart attack, fat sims should have higher risk to get one
2) long term decease; not contagious, but very difficult to cure, could be also fatal. Different symptoms and faster decay of needs.
3) depression; lots of crying and lying on the couch (maybe faster decay of comfort and social)
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 17, 19:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I've never tried it, I know the biotech station can create a virus which is highly contagious and can be fatal.  It is passed on the way any virus is.

I've tried that but I can't get any sim to be contaminated with the virus created with the station. Even tried to sell it illegaly - in debug mode - but that didn't work as well (error message). And if I leave the virus on the station so it can be stolen, it dissapeares soon afterwards.
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 17, 19:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am beginning to think it can't be done, I have seen it talked about a dozen times on MATY where the most awesome modders in the world host and I haven't seen it happen.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 17, 19:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried that but I can't get any sim to be contaminated with the virus created with the station.

Yeah.  The biotech virus isn't very lethal.  It's pretty hard to contract, too.  Only the sim operating the station is vulnerable, has to have low logic skill points, and it helps if he's in green or red asp.  Even then, sometimes the occasional sim will skill up and never catch it, i.e. Amin Sims.  Had to cowplant him. 

Anyway, that's only half the trouble.  After getting them to catch the damned virus, you have to go out of your way to micro-manage them for days until they die.  If they sit down anywhere or sleep any place but the floor, they'll recover and all your work will be wasted.

It definitely can be done, but you'll probably have better odds taking out all the fire alarms and sending your sims to cook lobster thermidor at every meal.  Tongue
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 17, 22:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no need to micro-manage... just lock them in a room with no comfort objects, a fridge, shower, toilet and some 'fun' things to keep them busy while they get on with dying (slowly, very slowly). It'll probably take a good 4 or 5 days but you just leave them, assuming you use free will, and get on with the rest of the household.

I must admit that sometimes I would like an effective plague for randomly culling my neighbourhoods... as long as it doesn't take 4 or 5 days for each sim to die.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 17, 22:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should create the Thraxmail hack. Your sims can thus receive The Thrax in the mail.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 17, 23:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that sims can have petz, how about a new and improved version of the flu courtesy of their feathered friends? Maybe a random chance that increases with how dirty the cage gets or how much cumulative contact the sim has with the bird.

lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 18, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anthing random would be greatly appreciated! Oh most awesome one.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 18, 15:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that sims can have petz, how about a new and improved version of the flu courtesy of their feathered friends? Maybe a random chance that increases with how dirty the cage gets or how much cumulative contact the sim has with the bird.

Sim-psittacosis -- it could replace the gerbil disease from TS1. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 18, 16:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be random it would have to affect different sims different ways. If there were something that would make sims more likely to have their cold/flu turn to pneumonia percentage-based on how low their motives were when they caught the illness... that might be kind of interesting.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 18, 17:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no need to micro-manage... just lock them in a room with no comfort objects, a fridge, shower, toilet and some 'fun' things to keep them busy while they get on with dying (slowly, very slowly). It'll probably take a good 4 or 5 days but you just leave them, assuming you use free will, and get on with the rest of the household.

Maybe we could get a macro for dieing flu?  Grin
I haven't been able to kill a sim in a decease with normal micro-managing and I really hate slow deaths in small rooms... 
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 18, 17:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the flu spread constantly when I ignored it and just kept playing, and I've had it kill some Sims, but only the ones I hadn't played in a while. They'd gotten infected as visitors somewhere, spent a loong time infected while I wasn't playing them, and then when I finally went back to their houses, they died pretty instantly since they'd had the required time with bad motives while they were visitors elsewhere. I also had a couple die like that while they were still being visitors, though only one wasn't pled back alive. It's still not really a good plague, though... *likes the plague idea too*
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 18, 17:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to kill a sim in a decease with normal micro-managing and I really hate slow deaths in small rooms... 

I agree. I did that once (with starvation) and am not likely to do it again. It took too long and it was too morbid.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 18, 18:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I did that once (with starvation) and am not likely to do it again. It took too long and it was too morbid.

Way back before I realized they would respawn, I tried to cull my townies by sticking them under the house with move_objects so I didn't have to watch them Tongue I also did the same by taking them out of the pool and putting them there, where they drowned in the dirt much faster. Eventually I ended up using that NPC creator/destroyer that's part of the game tools to mass-kill the townies... took the grim reaper forever but it made for some interesting pictures  Grin
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 18, 20:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even if they respawn, if you just kill the ugly ones repeatedly, eventually, you'll have some fairly nice looking ones.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 18, 20:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a plague hack - of any nature, whatever works to kill a small portion of the population randomly.

I thought there was one in one of the lot debuggers (that had a big "don't touch this" warning on it). Did that one not work?

Unsouper
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 18, 21:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think catching the flu from birds would be a lot more realistic than catching it from roaches  Smiley 
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 18, 22:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a plague hack - of any nature, whatever works to kill a small portion of the population randomly.

I thought there was one in one of the lot debuggers (that had a big "don't touch this" warning on it). Did that one not work?

It's in the lot debugger if you have the testingcheats enabled. It puts a death token on 10% of the population, so you also have to remove it from NPCs before they're dead, if you don't want them to respawn, and then use the cheats to spawn a tombstone for anyone if you want them to have one... so it's a little more involved, I guess, than a disease would be, and has the NPC problem with it.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 18, 22:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to second (third, fourth) whatever the request for a plague that is a) reasonably contagious and b) reasonably lethal--like 5-10%--and RANDOM. I do not want to micromanage certain sims to die, I want RANDOM sims to die. Nothing currently in the game works well enough.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 18, 22:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually roll a dice on each family to determine if it's going to have a family crisis (1-4 with one number being the one to make it happen). Then I give each sim in the family a number and roll to determine who will die. Then I roll 1-12 to determine how they will die.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 19, 17:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to second (third, fourth) whatever the request for a plague that is a) reasonably contagious and b) reasonably lethal--like 5-10%--and RANDOM.

c) controllable so that we don't get uncontrolled pandemias spreading in our neighborhood..
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: