More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:04:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Womrats NOT waking up sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Womrats NOT waking up sims?  (Read 6300 times)
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Womrats NOT waking up sims?
« on: 2006 November 15, 09:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there's a hack already that prevents sim kids from waking up when a womrat cage is in the their room and the little bugger's running around like crazy inside?

If not, could somebody *please* make one?

I mean, seriously, I've lived for about 15 years with pets-kinda-like-womrats in my room now - they never ever woke me up at night.

Black holes suck!
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Womrats NOT waking up sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 15, 09:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? my gerbil keeps me up all night with his wheel-running and digging, blugh.

I would like to second this request anyway

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 15, 10:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there's a hack already that prevents sim kids from waking up when a womrat cage is in the their room and the little bugger's running around like crazy inside?

If not, could somebody *please* make one?

I mean, seriously, I've lived for about 15 years with pets-kinda-like-womrats in my room now - they never ever woke me up at night.
That's because people, unlike sims, eventually get used to noises. Given that you KNOW this happens, why do you insist on putting the womrat cage in the same room?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 15, 10:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the definition of insanity: doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Cheesy

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 15, 12:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J.M., you're absolutely right: I know of the problem, there's a simple solution, why not go for it... Wink

I could try now for some complicated explanation and talk about building sim houses conveniently (not having to put in an extra room for stupid tiny pets for example) and stuff, but bottom line is: I'd like my sim kids to have their personal pet in their personal room - but obviously EA doesn't.

For now if I can't have it the way I just described I won't use the stupid womrats - this, of course, annoys me somewhat - having paid for the EP and all...

[that's why I asked for a hack - we all know, we couldn't possibly be dared to play the game it was intended to be played by EA]

Black holes suck!
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 15, 12:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've discovered a simple solution. You know those floor divider thingys in the catelogue under fencing? Well if you section off a part the floor around the cage with one of those, it acts as if it's a different room and the noise won't wake up the sim. 
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 15, 13:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's creative.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 15, 21:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the sleep clock prevent them from getting out of bed even for the wormrat cage?  I know i use the sleepclock to keep elders and sims in bed so they can't escape.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 15, 21:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the sleep clock prevent them from getting out of bed even for the wormrat cage?  I know i use the sleepclock to keep elders and sims in bed so they can't escape.
I hoped so, but unfortunately it doesn't. The kid in question has one standing just beside her bed - set up perfectly for her school hours.

I've discovered a simple solution. You know those floor divider thingys in the catelogue under fencing? Well if you section off a part the floor around the cage with one of those, it acts as if it's a different room and the noise won't wake up the sim. 
You're right - I actually tried that before...I used those new floor dividers, too, but the kid woke up anyway - what had me confused a bit.
Now that you mention it I'm going to go for another test though. Thanx.

Black holes suck!
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 15, 22:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hoped so, but unfortunately it doesn't. The kid in question has one standing just beside her bed - set up perfectly for her school hours.

That's odd i figured the sleepclock woulda prevented it for sure.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 16, 00:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is the womrat in the bedroom? Isn't that unsanitary?

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 16, 01:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is the womrat in the bedroom? Isn't that unsanitary?

Eh, most kids I know keep their filthy little "womrats" in the bedroom with them. I kept my hamster in with me. It's all about changing the cage often enough.

You could drop a bomb and my six-year-old would sleep through it. Before our dumb little hamster died (RIP Monkeyhip) she never woke up.

If I put them in my game, I will certainly try the wall thing! TY Tina G., you're a GEEENYUS.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 16, 12:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  Well it works!

You're welcome.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »