More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:33:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE and OMGPETZ!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE and OMGPETZ!  (Read 13224 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: SimPE and OMGPETZ!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 31, 16:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's my only problem with Theo's new binning tool. With datgen, I could have all four of Peggy's brunette colors familied in the brown bin, so I don't have to pick which one to keep. =p

Although, honestly, I have a bigger problem with Rose's PURPLE black than I do with XMSims electric red.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 31, 19:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just make several packages using Theo's tool, and then merge the packages manually in SimPE.

I asked Theo about adding this feature before, but he hasn't come through. Lazy bum Cheesy
Rhaevyn
Asinine Airhead

For my constant dirty thoughts...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 24, 10:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't pretend to know how to bin and change hair colors.  I'm just your average downloader/player... but why not only download only the colors you want?  On Peggy's site, for instance, you can grab all colors at once, or you can get the mesh and then just download the shades you want.  You may think it's more time consuming, but then again, the time you're spending recoloring and binning has to be much longer.

And what is PMBD?  Please enlighten me as I love downloading hair myself.  Thanks  Smiley

I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 24, 10:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what is PMBD?  Please enlighten me as I love downloading hair myself.  Thanks  Smiley
Paysites Must Be Destroyed.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 24, 23:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't pretend to know how to bin and change hair colors.  I'm just your average downloader/player... but why not only download only the colors you want?  On Peggy's site, for instance, you can grab all colors at once, or you can get the mesh and then just download the shades you want.  You may think it's more time consuming, but then again, the time you're spending recoloring and binning has to be much longer.

Peggy is a lazy designer. NONE of her hairs are properly binned, so blonde does not show up as blonde, etc. They all show up as custom hair, which is just lazy on the part of the designer. Considering how much she charges, you'd think she'd at least take the time to do a good job with the backbone work on the hair.

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 25, 03:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not enitrely true; her older hairs are not binned, but the newer ones are, at least the (supposedly) natural colours, I never care for or download the other ones so I wouldn't know.

I also want to add that I really - dammit! - must learn how to bin hair one of these days, and agree with that Pegggy's reds really are very, very terrible.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 25, 05:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also want to add that I really - dammit! - must learn how to bin hair one of these days, and agree with that Pegggy's reds really are very, very terrible.

I finally bit the bullet so to speak; downloaded Theo's plugin and binned all of my hair this morning. My procrastinating was due to my lack of trust in my ability to do it correctly without causing my game to 'asplode. I'm rather technologically challenged.  Tongue Theo's binning tool is so fantastic and simple to use. I'm kicking myself over not doing this earlier. Now all of my hair is where it belongs and I'm so happy about it. I might go in and rebin some of the hair already binned by the creators. For some of them I'm not so thrilled with the choices for the other ages and while I like a couple of greys such as a silvery grey and a darker grey I don't really care for the pinky grey that seems to be favored for the red hairstyles.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 25, 12:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Theo's tool there is no learning involved; any idiot can do it, honestly.  Just download and try!  You'll see how lazy those creators really are.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 25, 17:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then I have no excuses for not trying! Thanks for telling me; I should have no problems keeping myself busy in the nearest future. Tongue

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 25, 18:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of re-binning hair... I had this problem with early DatGen binning, in that the scalp portion of the Maxis skins will sometimes get replaced with an odd hair texture. After long hours I have most of my custom hair binned properly, with extra age sets removed, which I did pretty much by hand.

Recently I noticed when a Sim aged to elder that her Maxis S3 scalp was replaced by some blonde texture, which looks sort of like the male shaggy hair, and any hairstyle which needed some transparency through to the scalp looked terrible. I wish there was a way to find out which texture is replacing the scalp, because I haven't had this problem otherwise since I started doing the binning by hand, and I used to have it all the time with DatGen. (I -have- used the hair binning tool a few times, though, but not recently.) My custom content vice is new hairstyles, so there are so many to poke at to find the culprit, sigh...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: