More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:19:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing Aspiration Points...WTF!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing Aspiration Points...WTF!  (Read 6172 times)
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
Missing Aspiration Points...WTF!
« on: 2006 November 13, 13:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been and searched as thoroughly as possible without any luck to see if there are any reports of this happening to anyone else. It seems that I've drawn the short straw and am now unique...  Roll Eyes

Anyhoo, very quickly, I was playing my new neighbourhood and as they have a sprog, and need the body-building (I have 2J's career rewards mod) of the circuit trainer, I thought I'll go and get them sorted in readiness for those needs. Imagine my surprise when my sims show zero aspiration points - despite all my hard efforts - and that I am not able to access the career rewards. I tried saving and then coming back in, and quiting without saving.  Huh Very, very perplexed by the whole thing, particularly when everything was going ok and there is nowt there that shouldn't be.

Won't be able to play again until tomorrow as at work for the 24 hour stint, so answers on a postcard please, and in single syllables.  Wink

Meh...
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Missing Aspiration Points...WTF!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 13, 13:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sprog? circuit trainer?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 13, 14:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sprog: Derogatory term for a child. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sprog

Have you tried the Build mode (rather than Buy mode) collections?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 13, 15:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Career rewards are not bought with aspiration points, so I have no idea what manner of Dumb Laeshanin Thing you're trying to pull.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 13, 15:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a career reward become unavailable after getting one, deleting it, and deciding I wanted another one.  You do need to look at the career reward icons rather carefully to see which are available sometimes (or maybe sometimes my eyes don't work too well).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 13, 16:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just get TJ's 'Career/Asp rewards collection', and you can get anyone you want or replace on you accidentally deleted or left behind when moving out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 13, 18:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's relevant, but I had all of my sims unable to access their inventory, career rewards and aspiration rewards for a while. Have no idea why, but it fixed itself a while later.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 13, 18:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a sorta-related subject:

One of my sims fulfilled her LTW in college. When she graduated I let her move back into the main neighbourhood and got her in a lot, but when she got there, she wasn't perma-plat anymore. Her aspiration decayed like any other sim.

Any ideas?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 13, 18:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-set the flag using the lot debugger.

Moveouts, especially uni moveouts, are screwy.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 13, 18:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks much Jordi!
travellersside
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 13, 19:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to ask this laeshanin, but did your sims actually Want to gain skill points in the first place?

Oftentimes when a sim moves out, they lose their permaplat status, however, I've found that if I just leave them alone, it comes back again. Usually on an hour change, or possibly the next time said sim gains aspiration points. Basically, the next time that the game calculates their aspiration bar, it suddenly notices that they have the permaplat flag, and then boosts their mood up again.

Until then, it's extremely annoying. Especially because you can sometimes wait for hours. The best bet is to simply retoggle using the debugger.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 13, 20:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the inventory, career rewards, and asp rewards panels disappear on my once too. I restarted the game and they came back.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 13, 22:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot debugger saves the day. Pescado once more proves his awesomeness.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 14, 15:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to re-plat a gravestone?  My dead Sims lost their pretty plat gravestones when I installed Petz.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 14, 18:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Career rewards are not bought with aspiration points, so I have no idea what manner of Dumb Laeshanin Thing you're trying to pull.

Thanks, J.M., for the ready words of encouragement. But I had kinda managed to work this one out on my ownsome... What I should have done, if I'd had the time, was talk about two seperate issues i.e. missing aspiration points and the fact that I am unable to access any of the career rewards despite having 2J's really rather splendiferous mod (career/asp collection).

travellersside: not the skill points I wanted for them, that's for certain, but I never let a little thing like that deter me. Tongue

I had the inventory, career rewards, and asp rewards panels disappear on my once too. I restarted the game and they came back.

It's really odd, because I did that today when I got home and the aspiration points were there.  Huh I tried that yesterday and the game just laughed hollowly at me. The career rewards are still unavailable, but I'm hoping that something miraculous will occur.

*edited to add that the lot debugger was dutifully deployed.

Meh...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: