More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:37:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Robert Kim and mirrors?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Robert Kim and mirrors?  (Read 6143 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Robert Kim and mirrors?
« on: 2006 November 11, 22:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is strange and I haven't seen any threads on it, but Robert Kim crashes my computer if I try to change his  appearance.  It doesn't happen with anyone else--including his own family.  Anyone else have this prob?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Robert Kim and mirrors?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 11, 22:15:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a chance to do anything with him yet but now I'm not sure I want to  Shocked

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 11, 22:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He looks fine the way he is but I wanted him to have custom hair.  I'm going to check him out with the Sim Enhanser,but I think it is more serious than missing DNA.  I'm also going to try to give him plastic surgery once the InSIMinator is updated-or try another hacked plastic surgery machine.  Maybe that will correct it--I'll check back after I try all  I know to do--maybe someone has more ideas.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 11, 22:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Uni you can always try using the plastic surgery career reward. Also, the ImSIM object edition is working ok for that, but not everything is functional (Family tree, motive monitor, and a few others), but I have had it in my game for a few weeks without issue.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 11, 23:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm always game for an interesting experiment. (actually I'm just inquisitive)   I decided to try and change his appearance in my game.  He is now sporting a brand new custom do.  Thought I should let you know that he must not be screwy in all games.

Good luck!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 12, 00:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eric posted earlier today that he will be releasing the Pets compatible version of InSIM this weekend (he really only has weekends to work on it)

Not everything that he plans to add has been added yet (there will be another version released at a later date) but the soon-to-be-released version does include some options for pets.  Grin

Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 12, 03:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to change Robert Kim's look useing mirrors.  I may have even used a non-maixs mirror to do it.  Your game's special (either meaning) glitch, I guess.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 12, 06:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that I have had a weird glitch.  I have tryed mirrors(custom and Maxis)I tryed at his home and at a community lot,and I tryed the plastic surgery table.  No go--crashes every time.  He must have been corrupted somehow.  I won't worry too much yet--his wife had a baby with no probs.  I'll cross my fingers.  I don't want to move them out cause I don't want to redecorate.  I don't think it would help anyways.  If my Sim Enhanser was working, I would try cloning him.  All else fails,I just won't worry about it.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 12, 06:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eric posted earlier today that he will be releasing the Pets compatible version of InSIM this weekend (he really only has weekends to work on it)

Not everything that he plans to add has been added yet (there will be another version released at a later date) but the soon-to-be-released version does include some options for pets.  Grin

thats so great.  thanks for posting.  i was able to get rid of so many stray and possibly conflicting hacks from different makers by using the insiminator.  im so missing it now!   i wonder if this means the right simpe was out too?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 12, 09:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I had this problem with a custom sim last night. I even dragged him off to another lot in case it was the lot that was buggy.

As of yet I haven't had time to try anything else with him, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Atom XX
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 12, 14:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats so great.  thanks for posting.  i was able to get rid of so many stray and possibly conflicting hacks from different makers by using the insiminator.  im so missing it now!   i wonder if this means the right simpe was out too?

Try the hack detector from SimWardrobe http://www.simwardrobe.com

We'd have heard if the SimPE was released...
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 12, 18:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the crashing on change appearance due to some screwy custom skins that I made via the SimPE default skintone replacement tool under scan folders. For some reason, defaults made using it just don't work right. The sim herself looked normal enough, but she just kept crashing the game.

Maybe it's something along those lines - a default replacement gone awry or some such.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 12, 21:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the new version of InSIM is available now
english version link
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=269
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 12, 21:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For my problem - I have a sim with this hair:

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147954

I took that hair out (after narrowing the problem to the hair folder) and he changed appearance ok.

However, I put the hair back in the game, loaded up the neighborhood that has the sim in my avatar, and he changed appearance with no problem.

So, any ideas?

Atom XX

Edit: I took the hair out, changed his appearance, then put the hair back in and reapplied it - and now everything is fine and dandy with that sim... weird...

Now to see if it's the same problem with another sim I found that crashes the game... (different hair though...)
« Last Edit: 2006 November 13, 00:07:03 by Atom_Bunny » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 14, 18:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the crashing on change appearance due to some screwy custom skins that I made via the SimPE default skintone replacement tool under scan folders. For some reason, defaults made using it just don't work right. The sim herself looked normal enough, but she just kept crashing the game.

Maybe it's something along those lines - a default replacement gone awry or some such.
I wish that was the prob,but I don't have default replacement skins and I had never touched him before this--same clothes--same hair. Every other sim is fine.  But something is a miss.  I also have the prob with assessories being fine--then the next time I see them the assessories are flashing blue,and now it has spread to the vampires--their fangs are flashing blue.  I checked for hack conflicts and the only one was one that I already know about.  I had gotten confused when I was weeding out my hacks folder so I might have an outdated hack that snuck back in.  I wonder if my prob with Robert might be related to the assessory prob--although,I don't think he has any assessories???
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: