More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:33:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pooof! The dying's vanishes!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pooof! The dying's vanishes!  (Read 3692 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Pooof! The dying's vanishes!
« on: 2006 November 28, 19:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem happened in my early game, with no EP, and disappeared later, with EP and deathfix (not sure if strictly related, but I always retain deathfix in my DL folder, just for sake). Now, it suddenly happened again.
A sim is electrocuted, all others in the lot ran to "watch distressed", and poof! Distressed sim vanishes, no Grimmy, no death (and no plead-for-loved-one, of course  Angry ), no urn, no memories: only those damned morons which immediately start congratulating each other for being born and so on.

Restoring family (with InSim) loads the electrocuted, which then disappears in the normal routine (This sim is dead on another lot blah blah blah).
I then resurrect her with InSim, re-kill her too, and this time all goes the right way: she collapses on floor, Grimmy did his show, everybody cry, her husband pleads, wins, and all went ok.

But... why this happened? Some days ago have had another death by electrocution, and all was fine. Any ideas?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Pooof! The dying's vanishes!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 28, 19:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freak accident?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 28, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope so; if they start again to die leaving their bloody souls stucked half-way in the lot, I may be driven mad.

Ok, time to sharpen an axe and kill some more, just to check if it was a one-time glitch, growl.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 01, 17:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This occasionally happens in my game too. When I'm getting sick of my townies I usually teleport 3 or 4 over and kill them off using the death creator. The game's fine when I only kill two in a row, grimmy just floats to next body as soon as he finishes the first. But when I kill more at once quite frequently one of those sims will just simply disappear without a trace, no tombstone no nothing. Which kinda sucks, 'cause how else am I supposed to fill my cemetaries?

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 02, 09:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the sort of feature that could be deliberately used in a hack.  Sometimes you just want the wretched Sim gone, as in gone.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 02, 16:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, I used to call them half-dead, because they leave behind some remains (their souls?  Cheesy). In neighborhood view, if you click on the lot, seems ok: the pict shows no dead, but in the info sheet they are listed in the family instead.
In a few lucky cases, I solved moving out all the living family members one by one (find own place); when the last one is gone with the taxi, the lot is still playable - no build mode - only empty. No sims on sight.
Then, evict the "family" of dead sims from neighborhood, delete from sim bin, and re-move in the rest of pre-moved out members. In more less lucky cases, nobody was able to find his own place. Stucked forever with their half-dead relatives... ewww scary Tongue.

------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: