More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 04:41:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Outside & inside pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Outside & inside pets  (Read 3220 times)
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Outside & inside pets
« on: 2006 November 10, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know a way make pets stay outside without just locking all the doors?

I have a couple of dogs I want to be "outside" dogs, and a couple of cats I want to be "inside" cats. Problem is, I can't just hit "disallow pets" on all the doors because then the cats can't get to their jobs. Anyone know of any objects/hacks/hints to help me out?

Thanks, guys.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Outside & inside pets
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 10, 17:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not let the cats lead lives of leisure? Then for your scenario, locking the doors will work fine. Just do it when the cats are in (they will be stuck inside) and the dogs are out (they will be stuck outside).

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 10, 17:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe fence in an area for the dogs outside and lock the gate
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 10, 17:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Sleepycat suggested, build a fenced area, put the doghouses, dog dishes and chew toys in the fenced area w/the dogs and problem solved.

Your Sims will just have to go out there to socialize/play with the dogs.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 10, 18:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dogs tend to stay outside once they are trained to pee outside, stay off furniture and sim beds. All their stuff is moved outside, i.e. dish, bed, toys etc, so they no longer have a reason to even come indoors. I keep the backyard fenced without a gate and the front door locked so I dont worry about them running out the front, so they are free to come indoors if they choose too, they just dont since they are plenty happy and all their stuff is out back.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 11, 16:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dogs have jobs, too, so they need to be able to get out to catch their lift.

My dogs are trained to pee outside, stay off beds and so forth, but they come inside to bark at and attack the cats. I made them aggressive so they could be "guard dogs". I was sort of hoping they'd only be aggressive to non-family members, but apparently not.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 11, 23:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dogs have jobs, too, so they need to be able to get out to catch their lift.

My dogs are trained to pee outside, stay off beds and so forth, but they come inside to bark at and attack the cats. I made them aggressive so they could be "guard dogs". I was sort of hoping they'd only be aggressive to non-family members, but apparently not.

I think if you want your dogs and cats to stay separate and yet all still have jobs, you're going to have to micromanage a little more by specifically locking/unlocking their doors at appropriate times for them to go to work. This is what I do with most dogs in the game, so I can keep them outside during the day (I'm sick of them peeing on everything) but still let my sims take them on walks off the lot. I only unlock one door for the dog to walk out of the backyard with the sim.

asciident / realrobotica
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: