More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Less Whiny
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Less Whiny  (Read 11757 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Less Whiny
« on: 2005 September 19, 13:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can spot what's stopping LessWhiny working with NightLife, would you like me to fix it Pescado?  I mean seeing as it's a two-month wait otherwise?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Less Whiny
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 19, 13:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! Fix it! I am going craaazy without it.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 19, 14:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the meantime you can try my new patch at simlogical for stopping the whining, which works a little differently but I found it quite effective.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
nothingbutsims
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 19, 14:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go download it Inge.  I'm creating a new Sim right now so I'll let you know how it works.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 14:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Inge, I collect now all the hacks I used to have, which are compatible with NL. I'll download it for sure.

If I wait for JMP - I'll grow a beard and mustaches, like him...Smiley.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 15:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks a lot Inge. You have saved me from a slow slide into insanity caused by incessant illogical useless whining.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 19, 15:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge - I've downloaded your no whining hack.  I've experienced something strange and I don't know if it is a result of the hack or not.  My sim got a call to go on an outing downtown, which I accepted.  When we arrived at the lot and all the Sims got out of the taxi, the timer box for the outing never appeared.  Also, when I tried to order a table to eat, I got a message from the hostess that the tables had been reserved by another party.  I tried to order a table several times and got this same message.  So, the outing just went on and on until my Sim called for a taxi and went home - but everyone followed him home and he had to tell them all to leave.

I'm gonna try going on a date and see if I get the same result as far as no timer box showing up.  I did bring my Sim back downtown by himself and he was able to get a table to eat.  By the way, by the time my Sim got home, he was about falling over dead tired and he didn't wave his arms at me and yell so that is good.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 19, 16:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim go on a group outing, and there was no timer, either. I think it's supposed to be that way. You can either ask to leave the group or end group outing while out, or everyone will go home with you. But I think the outing thing is "just for fun".   
nothingbutsims
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 19, 16:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a husband and wife go on a date and everything worked as normal, with the timer box showing up and the date ending properly.  They were able to get a table at a restaurant without any problems as well.  I don't know what the quirk was with my single Sim and his outing.  For some reason though, before the date started, my male sim, by his own free will, drank his cologne and then completely disappeared from the screen and the household, so I had to reload the house.  By habit, I opted to save the game and he didn't have any more cologne to drink so I couldn't test to it see if it would happen again.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 19, 17:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim go on a group outing, and there was no timer, either. I think it's supposed to be that way. You can either ask to leave the group or end group outing while out, or everyone will go home with you. But I think the outing thing is "just for fun".   

I had a timer when someone called me for an outing once, and got blamed by everyone in the group when no one had fun.  Undecided
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 19, 17:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well those bit I hacked can only start to happen when one of a Sim's motives is getting low.   If you try the maxmotives cheat and those things are still weird, then it can't be that particular hack giving the problem.  Try it before you ask for the table next time.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 19, 17:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge - I've downloaded your no whining hack.  I've experienced something strange and I don't know if it is a result of the hack or not.  My sim got a call to go on an outing downtown, which I accepted.  When we arrived at the lot and all the Sims got out of the taxi, the timer box for the outing never appeared.  Also, when I tried to order a table to eat, I got a message from the hostess that the tables had been reserved by another party.  I tried to order a table several times and got this same message.  So, the outing just went on and on until my Sim called for a taxi and went home - but everyone followed him home and he had to tell them all to leave.

the first outing that they call you on is a "just for fun" outing with no timer. This was true for me before I downloaded this hack.It's not a bug as far as I know.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 19, 21:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated pescado version for nightlife (I am about to lose my lips)

I couldn't stand being without it.  Embarrassed

[attachment deleted by admin]
nothingbutsims
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 19, 23:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, now I'm confused here. Undecided  Was it something I said?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 20, 02:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you SO much for fixing this. It's one of my top 3 annoyances, with the other 2 being the phone and what's this.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 20, 13:50:28 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 20, 03:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you Crannyboy your version of lesswhiny is working fine. The incessant whinyness was the thing that always annoyed me the most that and the damn phone and the fact that my sim kids seem to want to hide their homework.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 20, 04:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated pescado version for nightlife (I am about to lose my lips)

I couldn't stand being without it. Embarrassed

Woohoo, crammyboy, thanks.

Can you update the "nohomework" too? And the "phone.fix"?

Without these 3 - I won't install NL...Smiley.

Waiting 4-6 weeks for JMP to receive the game...he knows for sure to torture people...Smiley - I think he does it on purpose...Smiley.
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 20, 05:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Course he does. He's probably sitting at home playing NL right now, driving around in his black sports car, with no one ringing him and his garden all nice and neat because the gardener comes everyday. Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 20, 06:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Course he does. He's probably sitting at home playing NL right now, driving around in his black sports car, with no one ringing him and his garden all nice and neat because the gardener comes everyday. Wink

That's a malicious lie. I'm doing no such thing. In fact, I am over here:

Nightlife isn't due to arrive for 6-8 weeks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 20, 10:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy LOL!
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 20, 14:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the meantime you can try my new patch at simlogical for stopping the whining, which works a little differently but I found it quite effective.

Someone mentioned JM's hack and said that it removes All free-will from Sims in Night Life.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90156&highlight=hacks+Night

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 20, 14:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the existing Pescado version does cause problems with NL.  You just need to keep your eye on the list of what's been updated, and grab it when it appears on the list.  Or else use mine or Crammyboy's versions which are already to use.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: