More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:02:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help me with outings...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help me with outings...  (Read 7628 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Help me with outings...
« on: 2005 September 19, 19:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man dating is so much easier than group outings. Try as I might, I can not raise the bar above so-so. I once got it to fun, but just barely over and couldn't raise it any further. I've tried dining first and dancing first. I've let members wander off to take care of their needs and I've gathered the group. I've tried large groups and small. I've heard that it's based on the needs of everyone, but just in case it's more like a party score I've also spent tons of time talking one on one instead of letting dining and dancing raise social. I've ordered favorite platters on meals.  I don't have the guide. Anyone had sucess?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Help me with outings...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 19, 21:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done several of these successfully. You have to keep your eye on the other sims' aspiration wants (should be next to the meter). When a want is fulfilled it adds to the score. I've only done this  with 2 sims in a group with the meter, and dates work the same way. I assume it's similar with larger groups. I always choose the "just for fun" option with the large ones.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 19, 21:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bah, the one date I fixed up all the (blind date's) sim wants were centered around going to college, doing assignments etc, I couldnt fulfill any of those. So Don bought a potion instead, although that didnt seem to do much either.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 19, 21:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine were always relevant to wherever the date was taking place. Like "Sing karaoke with..." "Have picture taken with...". Are your dates happening at a home lot? But, hell, if that's what it takes to score, send your date to college!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 19, 21:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only tried one and it was so-so, my Sim was told they may be interested in going again.  They went to the Crypto Night Club or whatever it's called and everyone seemed to be having fun dancing and so on.  The problem is that it's a pain having to make all the members selectable to find out who is hungry and who isn't, but there doesn't seem to be a way to find out without cheating.  I did better on the fun outings my Sims were invited to by phone.

It was what happened after the scored outing that was most significant.  My Sim lost a best friend as a result of him being 'romantically interfered with" by a passing Romance Sim he was in love with, who also happened to be in love with another Romance Sim in the group, one of Don Lothario's sons. So, my Sim lost his friendship, but for some reason also lost Beau Broke's, although quite why I don't know as there's no connection between him and either of the Romance Sims ... well, only the fact that Beau is married to one of his half-sisters, maybe that's it.  Anyway, Adrian Lothario spent the entire night walking past my Sim's house but didn't do anything, so I'm not really sure why he was there, unless he was spoiling for a fight.  Beau Broke came by once and tipped the dustbin over, which is hardly acceptable behaviour for an old man in his seventies.  

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 21:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne - it was a downtown lot. I also noticed that Don only seemd attracted to other Romance sims no matter what DT lot he went to. (before and after the date)

The date didnt end badly, just above good or something, the chick called the next day for a group outing and they all went out - Don and bunch of college kids. Of course Cassandra and Mortimer showed up, so I cheated and had a vampire who was talking to Cassandra bite her (after spiking the relationship) and turn her into a vampire, while she was preoccupied, Don was able to leave since the date timer had long since stopped.

Since I think Don is basically the only single (singular) sim in Pleasantview I did all my testing with him.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 19, 21:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also having trouble with outings. On the dates you get the wants panel of the date, however I've not noticed it on outings. I guess it's something I need to explore a bit more... Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 19, 22:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done several of these successfully. You have to keep your eye on the other sims' aspiration wants (should be next to the meter). When a want is fulfilled it adds to the score. I've only done this  with 2 sims in a group with the meter, and dates work the same way. I assume it's similar with larger groups. I always choose the "just for fun" option with the large ones.
A group outing is not the same as a date. You do not see thier wants. I also finally managed a sucessful one, it seemed to be dependent on the number of different things we did. I just took one sim, and just talking to her did nothing except one boost. However each new social interaction boosted it again, but it seemed to be if they were varied. Eating and dancing also boosted, it, but it still seemed to be the ammount of new things we did. Could be my imagination. She never got anything above her head indicating a want had been fufilled, which leads me to beleive it wasn't some kind of bug that the panel for seeing her wants wasn't there.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 19, 22:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also having trouble with outings. On the dates you get the wants panel of the date, however I've not noticed it on outings. I guess it's something I need to explore a bit more... Smiley

Trubble, I just started playing yesterday, and have only done 2 dates, but I don't remember seeing the dates wants.  Where are they?  I know I'm up for DI for asking this because it's probably right in front of my face, but I was a little tipsy (considered joining Kitiara, but I wanted to play the game) and not paying too close of attention.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 19, 22:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the date meter, under the scoring bar, is a picture of your date's aspiration with an arrow on it. Click the icon of the aspiration and a panel will expand.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 19, 22:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no it took me three dates to notice it. At the bottom of the date meter is the thumbnail of the sim and their aspiration - click on the aspiration and the wants panel scrolls out. Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 19, 22:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the wants ARE lockable there.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 19, 22:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no it took me three dates to notice it. At the bottom of the date meter is the thumbnail of the sim and their aspiration - click on the aspiration and the wants panel scrolls out. Smiley

AHA!  I did notice the aspiration there but didn't realize it was clickable.  Okay.  That's cool.  So, since I'm teaching tonight and won't get to play, tell me, how many are there?  The usual 4?  Do uni grads get six?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 19, 22:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A group outing is not the same as a date. You do not see thier wants. I also finally managed a sucessful one, it seemed to be dependent on the number of different things we did. I just took one sim, and just talking to her did nothing except one boost. However each new social interaction boosted it again, but it seemed to be if they were varied. Eating and dancing also boosted, it, but it still seemed to be the ammount of new things we did. Could be my imagination. She never got anything above her head indicating a want had been fufilled, which leads me to beleive it wasn't some kind of bug that the panel for seeing her wants wasn't there.
I think it's pretty much like throwing a party. Just keep doing stuff that boosts everyone's social.

Pool is good. They'll play pool forever without any ADHD, and the meter just keeps going up, up, up.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 19, 22:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHA!  I did notice the aspiration there but didn't realize it was clickable.  Okay.  That's cool.  So, since I'm teaching tonight and won't get to play, tell me, how many are there?  The usual 4?  Do uni grads get six?

C
IIRC, grads get six. I think. I know that it also shows the wants that are already locked, if you unlock one, it can reroll.

I think it's pretty much like throwing a party. Just keep doing stuff that boosts everyone's social.

Pool is good. They'll play pool forever without any ADHD, and the meter just keeps going up, up, up.
One difference seems to be that it doesn't matter if their relationship is at 100 already. Like it's not actually based on daily relationship, but rather how many social points could have been earned. I was thinking about it and it could be that I thought the varied social mattered was because varied social interactions are supposed to earn you more points than doing the same thing over and over. According to the guide anyway.
Pool is a great tip. Off to put a pool table in at my favorite locations.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 19, 23:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One difference seems to be that it doesn't matter if their relationship is at 100 already. Like it's not actually based on daily relationship, but rather how many social points could have been earned. I was thinking about it and it could be that I thought the varied social mattered was because varied social interactions are supposed to earn you more points than doing the same thing over and over. According to the guide anyway.
Pool is a great tip. Off to put a pool table in at my favorite locations.
The very first (and I think only) outing I ever did for points was two sims who were already best friends, and their daily was around 100. All they really did on the outing was eat, dance/talk/joke/etc. a little, and spent the rest of the time playing pool. The meter got completely full really quickly.

I had figured maybe it was so easy because their relationship was already so high, they already had all the higher end social interactions open to them.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 19, 23:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a couple of teens go on a date out to dinner and it made dream date status. Of course, the two are married, with 100% relationship scores with each other. After the date was over, I had the guy ask the girl to join a casual group. Then the two of them as a casual group went to the maze lot, and there was a meter there for the outing, with rockin', I think, as the highest level? I don't remember. Anyway, I could see both sims' wants panels. They both wanted to have their photos taken, the guy wanted to play chess, the girl wanted to prank the guy, etc. As each want was fulfilled the meter went up. Maybe it has to do with there only being two sims on this particular outing, that I was able to see their wants panels? I have no clue why I am the only one who has had this happen. But, maybe the date isn't entirely based on wants, but if you fulfill as many of them for both parties, the meter will go up quickly. That is, if you can see the others' wants panels. Tongue

Now, does anyone know why the clock keeps going back and forth? On the date I was just talking about (at the restaurant) I got the "running out of time" message box, with less than a minute to go. When there was a sudden spike in the meter, due to frantically giving backrubs, the timer jumped to about 5 minutes. I've noticed this on other dates, too.

Is my game just really buggy? 
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 19, 23:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, does anyone know why the clock keeps going back and forth? On the date I was just talking about (at the restaurant) I got the "running out of time" message box, with less than a minute to go. When there was a sudden spike in the meter, due to frantically giving backrubs, the timer jumped to about 5 minutes. I've noticed this on other dates, too.

Every time your date meter advances up a notch (i.e. good to great or great to dream date) you get more time added on.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 20, 16:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know. I usually "end the date" now, once it reaches dream date status.
Love your avatar, oyyo. I have a picture like that with the Grim Reaper on the potty being watched by a household sim.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 20, 17:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yay! I finally figured out the date thingie and had a dream date, and got roses the next day which I put on the dining table.

I think I will be doing a lot of dream date deals because, well...I get flowers, pixelated ones but still, with a cute little love note. Its the only time I will ever get flowers...lmao.

(I went wacky and made a self sim and my deceased fiance, had them go to college together and so on...reenacting real life - except that nightlife doesnt include tragic car wrecks so they will live long and prosperous! I am pathetic.)

and I got roses!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: