More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:15:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Almost Starving to Death ... Should Have Ordered Grilled Cheese
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Almost Starving to Death ... Should Have Ordered Grilled Cheese  (Read 6138 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Almost Starving to Death ... Should Have Ordered Grilled Cheese
« on: 2005 September 16, 21:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I seem to have taken over the top section of the forum with my replies, here is a little story about my first Sim to go Downtown.

For some reason, it was Jennifer Burb (formerly deceased, resurrected as zombie, now normal elder).  As she was only 55 due to having been a zombie for ages, I decided she needed a new man.  Recently she's been getting the hots for Don Lothario (courtesy of Lizzlove's woo-hoo bed) and that won't do at all, especially as he's due to die for the second time in 3 days.  Anyway ... I sent Jennifer Downtown expecting to find the Matchmaker, but she didn't turn-up.  I tried two or three lots, but she wasn't on any of them.  By this time, Jennifer was quite hungry so I got her to sit down for a meal.  The icon at the top (which looked suspiciously like a dirty newspaper, but was in fact a menu) said "Dining", so I sat and waited for her meal to arrive.  Jennifer in turn sat and drank several glasses of something or other. 

As she sat, at least 6 other Sims arrived, sat down, and started eating.  Why was Jennifer's meal taking so long?  I clicked on one of the waitresses to check what was happening and saw the word "Order", so we ordered.  Another long wait, while 3 more Sims arrived and were fed, including the Head Vampire (although he didn't eat).  Jennifer by this time was almost dead of starvation and her constant drinks of whatever it was weren't making any difference.  Her bladder was reaching dangerpoint, too.  Finally I realised that I had to click the waitress yet again to actually get her to come over and take the order - or something, I forget ... anyway, I had to do at least 3 interractions with the waitress to get the food, which literally arrived just in time to stop Jennifer pegging-out.  Can't help wondering what would have happened if she had ... can Sims die on Downtown lots?

Oh, and the Grilled Cheese aspiration is hilarious.  I needed to change one of mine to Family and totally forgot that aspiration level mattered ... anyway, she had some amazingly entertaining chats with Robert Broke's wife (Brandi's third) about grilled cheese.  Brittany absolutely adored these conversations, presumably because she's at the top of the Culinary career.  My Sim (Janice Royce) wanted nothing more than to talk endlessly to Brittany about grilled cheese and as a result won back all the aspiration points she'd spent on the aspiration changer thingy in just a few minutes.  I changed her to Family then though, because the thought of her having to eat 200 grilled cheese sandwiches was just too much and the sight of all those sandwiches in her aspiration panel was making me feel rather sick.  It's a pity this object doesn't work like the one that changes appearance, so the grilled cheese was random.  That would be far more fun.  Not the same when you know beforehand what the result is going to be (although I didn't because I forgot).

Anyway, that's enough for now.  I am off to play the game again and I suggest you do, too.  At the very least, go read a more productive thread.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Almost Starving to Death ... Should Have Ordered Grilled Cheese
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 16, 22:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you are thinking that the aspiration could have been another random food item?  like spaghetti, or chef salad?  certainly could make things more interesting!

I'm actually thinking of heading out to hunt down a copy today - although, I've got one more week before my holidays start and getting it today could be extremely dangerous!

Ness
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 17, 00:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm keeping Titania a grilled cheese aspiration. She goes into platinum every dinner time simply by serving grilled cheese. When that want is fufilled, she keeps rolling "serve someone grilled cheese" and gets 2,500 points each time a family member grabs a plate. Sometimes she only rolls it once or twice, but that's still enough to get her into plat usually.
Only now I'm not letting her eat grilled cheese. I want to see what her faliure state looks like Smiley.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 17, 08:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a grilled cheese aspiration???  I thought the only new aspiration in NL was Pleasure Seeker?  What kind of aspiration is grilled cheese?  Sounds weird.   Huh
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 17, 09:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an aspiration reward that lets you change aspirations. Seeing as how aspiration rewards must have humerous side effects if only green or below in aspiration, this one has a chance of the green cheese aspiration for its faliure state.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 17, 09:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I see.  That's funny.  I'll have to try that when I get Nightlife. Smiley
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 20, 02:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm keeping Titania a grilled cheese aspiration. She goes into platinum every dinner time simply by serving grilled cheese. When that want is fufilled, she keeps rolling "serve someone grilled cheese" and gets 2,500 points each time a family member grabs a plate. Sometimes she only rolls it once or twice, but that's still enough to get her into plat usually.
Only now I'm not letting her eat grilled cheese. I want to see what her faliure state looks like Smiley.
Just in case anyone else was curious, she pulled out a cute little sandwich buddy. She sniffed it, petted it, looked all paranoid like someone might take it from her.
She's about to be an elder. I'm so going to keep her in Platinum so when she dies I can have a sandwich on her tombstone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 20, 03:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, next time all your sims motives start tanking downtown, bring up the cheat box and type:  maxMotives
all motives for all sims will be maxed

Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 20, 05:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone else was curious, she pulled out a cute little sandwich buddy. She sniffed it, petted it, looked all paranoid like someone might take it from her.

That's.....disturbingly cute.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 20, 06:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, next time all your sims motives start tanking downtown, bring up the cheat box and type:  maxMotives
all motives for all sims will be maxed

In case you didn't know already, I've been reading around and supposably, that cheat is broked. Tongue

Ste

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 20, 12:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to try the grilled cheese aspiration..sound oddly fun lol

Pssst...LizzLove's swinger bed hack causes problems with Nightlife..I discovered this after some testing...for my game I discovered that while you could call the matchmaker to your sims house...if you requested a blind date she would disappear into thin air.  I removed the swingerbed hack and voila..problem solved.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: