More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 09:10:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  graves/urns displaying tribble-like behaviour
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: graves/urns displaying tribble-like behaviour  (Read 6735 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
graves/urns displaying tribble-like behaviour
« on: 2006 November 10, 22:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just come across some weirdness in the game with the urns/graves on a residential lot duplicating themselves. It only seems to happen when I do the following:

send a teenager to college
exit to neighbourhood
load up uni, play sim thru to graduation (quickly with the help of the awesome college adjuster)
move the sim back to the neighbourhood
go back to neighbourhood screen
move the sim back into the family lot
enter the family lot to play

The first time there was only a couple of graves on the lot, the graduate returns and they're both duplicated.
The second time there were five unique graves and each of these was duplicated. Interestingly I don't have the romance grave mod installed yet and both romance sim grave duplicates had lost their shiny platinum status although this was on a residential lot. There has also been at least one ghost active on the lot.

I'm running a bunch of Petz-friendly MATY mods and the DocDoofus lot full o sims. I also have a couple of adopted dogs on that lot, not that the presence of canine PITAs should make any difference, but you never know...

Ideas or suggestions anyone? This is my Black Widow Challenge neighbourhood so don't want to risk messing with the starring attraction's lot and her fine collection of graves.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: graves/urns displaying tribble-like behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 11, 00:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two graves lose their platinum status too.  Not sure quite when, but by the time I saw them, there was a dog living on the lot too.  No duplicate graves tho.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 11, 01:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOH! I had the duplicate grave problem, too. But I didn't do all that you did. I had the graves at the edge of a lot behind a moat (too many hauntings b/c I deleted beds  Roll Eyes ) and after I installed Pets and before letting loose hacks, I had the duplicate graves. And I started with four graves, so with the dupes, I had eight.  Tongue
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 11, 01:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running a bunch of Petz-friendly MATY mods and the DocDoofus lot full o sims.

I've read that lot full of sims is not Pets compatible and has caused problems in peoples games... has it been updated for Pets?
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 11, 05:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem quite a long time ago.  I ended up with many duplicate tombstones on my lot.  I would delete them but when I loaded the lot again, they would be back.  I seem to remember it was due to an old version of the yellow pee hack.  I also ended up with brown puddles all over the place.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 11, 09:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also ended up with brown puddles all over the place.

Diarrhea?   I know, frustrations with The Sims can bring on my IBS, too!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 11, 14:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The chocolate machine makes chocolate puddles, which toddlers can eat while the nanny is cleaning the fish tank or taking endless baths.
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 11, 14:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gravestones do the opposite. They just all disappear.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 11, 20:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat, thanks for the heads up on the incompatibility of Lot full of Sims with Petz. Initial reports were that it worked fine and this was the first real problem I'd encountered (other than an abduction anomaly which was more an irritation). It's gone for now at least and I'm trying out Squinge's More Family Members mod as an alternative - that is Petz friendly and will hopefully sit nicely alongside all the MATY mods I use.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 11, 22:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your welcome  Smiley

Squinges morefamily and morepets alternative has been working fine for me (from what I can tell - been busy beta testing so I haven't really gotten to play yet) and I have around 125-150 hacks from here  Cheesy

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 12, 21:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue with "lot full of Sims" is that there is a gap between the first row thumbnail portraits and the second (I have twelve sims on my current lot). The gap is about twice as wide as a row so it's blocking gameplay. Annoying!

Thanks for the Squinge tip!

ETA: Okay, thanks to this thread, I was able to remember the name of the creator of LFoS. It appears to have NOT been updated for a year, FYI.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=873558

ETA again: To say that Squinge's mod didn't change the fact that my thumbnails now have a huge gap between them. I have special issues, I guess.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 November 13, 04:04:45 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 13, 05:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the huge gap is probably for the pets thumbnails. i saw a pic of a friends game and hers had 3 rows -  two rows of sims with pets in the middle row
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 13, 05:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had eight sims in one lot but it played so slowly i had to move a couple out...  of course the lot still plays slow but i have a huge three level mansion (rebuild for goth family) extensively furnished with many accessories like double curtains and pictures and vases... is it the house.

im thinking of getting a new computer.  this one is 3ghz, but i have the dumbass video chip.  what are the new processors running now?  im thinking it might be better to start over then to just upgrade with a kickass video board.  or maybe not.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 13, 15:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just get the video card. 
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 13, 21:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the huge gap is probably for the pets thumbnails. i saw a pic of a friends game and hers had 3 rows -  two rows of sims with pets in the middle row

Aha, thanks. And BOOO! My perps aren't using/buying pets so I guess this will be a dead zone for me. Ah, well. Does anyone know how to fudge this and put the rows of Sims back together? Thanks~

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 13, 22:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, thanks. And BOOO! My perps aren't using/buying pets so I guess this will be a dead zone for me. Ah, well. Does anyone know how to fudge this and put the rows of Sims back together? Thanks~

I think it's all about what screen resolution your game is set at, mine is set at 1280x1024 (same as my desktop) and I have had over 12 sims in just one bar on the side. I can fit quite a few on the side before it goes to two rows.
For the Pets gap issue, I don't think you can get rid of it, unless you uninstall Pets.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 13, 22:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll try resetting my resolution. I'm sure I'm not running my game/compy the best way it could be anyway.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: